Creating a campaign inspired by a movie.

I am just about done with a campaign that I am working on. I would like to post it in the user files once I am done.

It is inspired by a movie. I am following the timeline and the script for the most part. I have changed a few things up but have for the time being stuck to the storyline. My question is will it be considered a copyright violation? I will give credit to the movie once I post it. I am not using any visual aids or sounds from the movie, just the storyline in the briefing.  I have worked several weeks on this but I want to make sure everything is good to go and give credit where credit is due.  Thanks for any advice! BTW it is for F/A-18 and Supercarrier. 

Edited by Maduce
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Maduce said:

I am just about done with a campaign that I am working on. I would like to post it in the user files once I am done.

It is inspired by a movie. I am following the timeline and the script for the most part. I have changed a few things up but have for the time being stuck to the storyline. My question is will it be considered a copyright violation? I will give credit to the movie once I post it. I am not using any visual aids or sounds from the movie, just the storyline in the briefing.  I have worked several weeks on this but I want to make sure everything is good to go and give credit where credit is due.  Thanks for any advice! BTW it is for F/A-18 and Supercarrier. 

Sounds interesting. I wonder what movie 🤔

Personally I wouldn't worry too much about the copyright thing.

If, as you say, you don't use exact copies of pictures and sound files, there won't be a reason for anyone to take offense.

Heck, I've seen missions and campaigns passing by that did use exact copies of names, pictures and sound files (e.g. check out the Iron Eagle campaign that was posted here earlier)

Also, upon uploading, ED will scan/check your files for any violations. Not sure, but I can imagine they also check for possible copyright.

• Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- HP Reverb v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ No war today... the enemy just called in sick ~ GUMMBAH

Care to share the movie name?  Looking forward to more details.  

MM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS P9X79 | i7 3930K | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia Geforce GTX780 | Win7 64 | HOTAS Thrustmaster T.16000M & TWCS

Yeah, I need a serious upgrade :)

Countdown To Looking Glass, is the movie. 

It will have some limited voice overs during the mission and some missions will have a couple of different outcomes/ triggers each time you play them (just to add some variation). Its my first attempt at it, so hopefully everyone will like it.