Invalid login? Umm...WHAT?

Woxof

I've started getting the Invalid username or password message today and NOTHING has changed on my computer lately...or even in the last several years.  I'll proceed to open a ticket formally, but wanted to post in here in case somebody knows how to burp my machine to make it all better.  Anyone?

Edited by Woxof

Check the date/time of your pc ... on these days many countries Change from summer to winter time (or viceversa)

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I should mention that I went through Big Newy's list of Things To Do First and removed the "semi-unofficial" aircraft I had (the A-4. the free MB-339 and the C-130) and ran Repair.  I deleted all the temp files for DCS and Windows that I could find.  And according to time.gov, my computer's clock is 1.114 seconds slow.

Anything else I should try?

Seems you have done everything... can you attach your dcs.log to look for clues?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

It seems that you have a password error:

ERROR NET: Login failed because of an invalid username or password.

ERROR DCS: Login failed with code 403

INFO NET: cached auth mode.
INFO DCS: Entered offline mode.

start dcs, once on the main screen, logout (an icon like a door plus an arrow), then Quit and start dcs again, this time you will have to enter your user and password.

• Like 1

Look at this post by Flappie, try this?

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/256165-dcs-will-not-allow-access-to-modules/?do=findComment&comment=4514907

*Hah! Looks like Rudel_chw was quicker on the trigger!

Edited by G.J.S
  • Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Rudel, I did as you directed, and was able to log in normally.

My question is, why did my saved password get changed to something invalid?  I have not changed it in a very long time -- several years.  Was someone trying to log in to my account illegally and told the system to save an invalid password?  I can't imagine how else this could happen.

In any case it all seems better now.  Thanks for your help, guys. 

Edited by Woxof
  • Like 2

Actually, a friend reminded me that my saved logins are saved on my local machine only and no place on any network. 

So my original question remains:  How did my PW get changed on my local machine to something invalid?  I'd really like to know, not just to saitisfy my own morbid curiosity, but to prevent it happening again.  The only possible solution I can come up with is to not rely on the saved login info but to enter it manually every time I start the sim.  I can't think of another way to prevent this.  

46 minutes ago, Woxof said:

So my original question remains:  How did my PW get changed on my local machine to something invalid?  I'd really like to know, not just to saitisfy my own morbid curiosity, but to prevent it happening again.  The only possible solution I can come up with is to not rely on the saved login info but to enter it manually every time I start the sim.  I can't think of another way to prevent this.  

I really don't know what may have caused this, but your proposed remedy is worse than the illness .. I would keep using saved credentials, knowing that if this ever happens again, I now know how to correct it by entering the credentials again ... much easier than typing this every time you want to fly DCS. 🙂

Of course you're right, Rudel.  There are enough annoying aspects of using this sim without making it worse by having to enter my logins manually every time.  And when I'm in there, flying, I enjoy it enough that all the annoyances are easily forgotten, but minimizing them to start with is never a bad thing.  .  

Players take note:  My friend who reminded me about where the saved logins are stored knows a little about coding.  He said that what happened to me could be happening to everyone soon, as part of a security initiative.  ED could be expiring PWs after a time interval, requiring players to renew their login info every now and then.  Again, that's just a theory, but it does explain what happened to my saved login info.  If it does happen to you, it's no big deal, and you now know how to handle it.