Campaign? So... finally yes! Thx!

YoYo

This is great info too. In the last time ED forgot to add campaigns to their modules, I don't even remember when it was the last time ... for Mi-24P it will be AGAIN. Thank You and fingers crossed for this:

• Campaign by Eagle Dynamics
  • Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I mean... it is great to have that confirmed, but I would point out that the situation is the same as other recent modules, so I'm not sure what you mean about "forgetting" to add campaigns.

As far as I know the Hornet and Viper will have campaigns by the time they're out of Early Access - which is exactly the same as the Hind.

• Like 6

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

I hope that they dont forget about it ;).

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

30 minutes ago, LooseSeal said:

I mean... it is great to have that confirmed, but I would point out that the situation is the same as other recent modules, so I'm not sure what you mean about "forgetting" to add campaigns.

As far as I know the Hornet and Viper will have campaigns by the time they're out of Early Access - which is exactly the same as the Hind.

The "official" Hornet campaign is a complete joke, compared to even free user-made campaigns... and the jet is out of EA with 2.7 in a couple of weeks - I am not sure a new campaign is coming. Luckily now we have plenty of great DLC choices, but compared to third-party modules with 1, 2 or 3 quality campaigns included, ED modules are very poor in the single-player department. So I am happy to see that they will include a campaign for the Hind, I just hope it is better than that of the Hornet...

• Like 5

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

I do hope it's better than the one currently in for the Hornet. That said, ED's Russian campaigns can be quite good - I liked Revanche, for the Su-25A, and A-10's Shturmovik (it's slightly buggy, but well written). Now, those campaigns are old, so I don't know if their creators are still with ED, but if they are, they should be put on the task of making a story-based campaign for the Hind.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Qiou87 said:

The "official" Hornet campaign is a complete joke, compared to even free user-made campaigns... and the jet is out of EA with 2.7 in a couple of weeks - I am not sure a new campaign is coming. Luckily now we have plenty of great DLC choices, but compared to third-party modules with 1, 2 or 3 quality campaigns included, ED modules are very poor in the single-player department. So I am happy to see that they will include a campaign for the Hind, I just hope it is better than that of the Hornet...

I have to assume the current Hornet campaign isn't final. It was released very early in development and only uses very limited weapons. I really think they'll update and expand it at some point. * Fingers crossed *

I do agree that ED's modules leave something to be desired with regards to packaged campaigns. Compared to something like the M-2000C campaign, there's no real comparison. And Heatblur are doing the same with the Tomcat.

So yeah... I also hope ED put a little more effort into this campaign. I think campaigns are even more important for helicopters actually.

• Like 5

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

On 3/27/2021 at 11:06 AM, Qiou87 said:

The "official" Hornet campaign is a complete joke, compared to even free user-made campaigns...

The official Hornet campaign was released when there werent any AIM-120s, guided bombs, or AG-missiles implemented. I cannot say it is a joke, as i realy enjoyed it at the time. A bit short yes, but to me it was fun and somehow challenging when learning the Hornet back then. But tbh, i do not think we will get another official campaign for free with the Hornet. Same for the Hind, i would love to see a "official" campaign for the Syria map, but since Caucasus is the only map each of us owns for sure and Syria is from a 3rd party developer, it will most likely take place in Caucasus. Still looking forward to it.

• Like 3

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

13 hours ago, Gronank said:

Shock twist and the Mi-24 campaign takes place in the Marianas

I doubt we will see Marianas prior to the Hind (and its campaign) are entering early access...

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

12 hours ago, Relic said:

If the dynamic campaign comes out within the next year they probably won't stress too much about making individualized campaigns. Weighing resources and all that. 

Could be, but that would be a shame. A dynamic campaign is more of a strategy game ; flying the mission is only a fraction of the fun, for some it might not even be the most important part.

In comparison, a SP campaign can teach you about the aircraft, and also tell you a story. Great examples of that are the campaign from BD for the M2000C (the first one in Georgia), or Raven One, etc. Some of these campaigns do not require you to know everything about the aircraft and its systems to have fun ; they will provide a practical way for you to learn, even if a manual and some prior training are usually helpful. None of that applies to a dynamic campaign where you are focused on advancing the strategic picture, and therefore you might want to be already a good performer in your aircraft before using it in this game mode. You might also select the aircraft you fly as a tool to accomplish an objective (like "destroy this SAM"), not because this is the aircraft that you really want to fly or the one that is the most fun.

So yeah, both great fun ways to play in SP, but campaigns like we have and dynamic campaigns are totally different, and one should not eclipse the other. We still deserve a nice SP campaign for the Hind, even if it is 6-8 missions, as long as they are fun, engaging and the story is at least interesting to follow. I mean this helo has been in all kinds of conflicts, there is plenty of history to draw from.

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 4

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

6 hours ago, VpR81 said:

I doubt we will see Marianas prior to the Hind (and its campaign) are entering early access...

I think the joke is that a daytime-only land-based attack helicopter would be pretty pointless on a map with 99% ocean and a few small specks of land. Once you flew around those islands a couple of times there wouldn’t be much to do. It cannot do ASM, or anti ship, or any of that stuff you probably need to make interesting missions in the Marianas map.

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Relic said:

If the dynamic campaign comes out within the next year they probably won't stress too much about making individualized campaigns. Weighing resources and all that. 

Oh man, don't play with my emotions like that 😀

To be fair, I don't expect to see anything resembling a DC this year. I remember a couple (?) years ago, Wags mentioned that he expected internal betas in 2021. If you add 1 or 2 years to that it's starting to sound a bit more realistic for a release! 

• Like 2

F-5 | Mirage | Huey | Mig-21 | Ka-50 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B

7 hours ago, Qiou87 said:

Could be, but that would be a shame. A dynamic campaign is more of a strategy game ; flying the mission is only a fraction of the fun, for some it might not even be the most important part.

Agreed. I wouldn't see them fully replacing the current story-driven paid campaigns with just the dynamic campaign engine though. Hopefully the dynamic campaign will take care of a bunch of the nuts-n-bolts stuff that currently has to be scripted, and allow for campaign creators to then have more time to focus on making even better stories and campaigns.

Like a main option for a pure sandbox generated dynamic campaign, and separate option for the story-driven campaigns like we currently have (built on top of the dynamic campaign/environment). Mission branching based on performance and/or dynamic resourcing. Fail a mission, and don't have to replay it, but have to make up for it or deal with the consequences the next mission (and the campaign might then be a few missions longer). Exciting possibilities.

• Like 4

Well I'm not saying I WANT them or others to stop putting effort into scripted indepth campaigns, I'm just saying it's likely after they put all this effort into a dynamic campaign they will likely weigh resource expenditures and say "well, we don't NEED a campaign for this new module because we already have a dynamic campaign module" 🙂

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

5 minutes ago, Relic said:

Well I'm not saying I WANT them or others to stop putting effort into scripted indepth campaigns, I'm just saying it's likely after they put all this effort into a dynamic campaign they will likely weigh resource expenditures and say "well, we don't NEED a campaign for this new module because we already have a dynamic campaign module" 🙂

I hope that's not the case. My time in the other WW2 sim is quite limited these days because (among other things) the campaigns here are more numerous. They developed a career mode for the sim and now don't even advertise campaigns for their new products. I'll hate for that to happen here. DCS has great scripted campaigns, which play a huge part in which modules I decide to purchase.

• Like 2

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

8 hours ago, Relic said:

It could be. However let us not fool ourselves: ED has not put any emphasis on single player campaigns so far on many of their modules, they seem to understand that it is a requirement to have at least one, but they don't really try to make it a benchmark in terms of storytelling, exploiting the capabilities of the module, etc. Compared to what some third parties (Heatblur and Razbam come to mind based on the modules I own), and of course to DLC campaigns, ED so far has not really pushed the envelope in terms of SP content for their modules. They also have some constraints (like only using one paid module per campaign, so no SC for a free Hornet campaign for example, and only on the free map(s) ) but I still feel like they could do a little bit more, just looking at the Viggen campaigns by Heatblur for example, or the M2000C Caucasus campaign, or Serpent's Head 2 - campaigns that are also only using one paid module but much more immersive in the story.

And yes, I think this is a shame ; SP content is great when it is well made, even when one enjoys multiplayer (I do, at least PVE) on a regular basis, one can also enjoy a good story-driven campaign. I have limited hopes for the Hind campaign, I am grateful that it will exist, but given the fact it has to be on the Caucasus map (ugliest map of them all when flying low in a helo) and will probably not be very long as well... Let's just say I will also eagerly look at what the talented campaign creators can do with the Hind in Syria, even as DLC.

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Qiou87 said:

I think the joke is that a daytime-only land-based attack helicopter would be pretty pointless on a map with 99% ocean and a few small specks of land. Once you flew around those islands a couple of times there wouldn’t be much to do. It cannot do ASM, or anti ship, or any of that stuff you probably need to make interesting missions in the Marianas map.

LoL. Damn right. I guess i missed the joke 😉

21 hours ago, Qiou87 said:

Yes, that's the joke. Although...

You take the role as part of a ragtag pirate crew, flying a surplus Hind off a derelict freighter cruising paradise. Performing audacious raids and slyly evaiding your persuers, will you be able to pull off the greatest heist in maritime history?

I kind of want this now.

• Like 4

Yes, that's the joke. Although...

You take the role as part of a ragtag pirate crew, flying a surplus Hind off a derelict freighter cruising paradise. Performing audacious raids and slyly evaiding your persuers, will you be able to pull off the greatest heist in maritime history?

I kind of want this now.
Sounds awesome! A different type of "Larkin Aviation" campaign!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Gronank said:

Why did you have to create such a compelling prompt?? I want this now!

We even have the "Handy Wind" as the perfect covert base...

• Like 1

F-5 | Mirage | Huey | Mig-21 | Ka-50 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B

39 minutes ago, Lucas_From_Hell said:

I'm not sure the Mi-24's rotor can fit that ship.

It does fit, lots of space as long as you keep the body of the helicopter over the yellow circle... and the tail off to the side.

Unfortunately, the game isn't so optimistic and it is not possible to spawn a mi-24 on the pad

• Like 1

You could fiddle about with the mission editor files, I know there are simple one-line changes to some .lua there that allow fixed wing aircraft to spawn on the ground, it shouldn't be a hard fix to make. The best thing is that once you save the mission it'll keep that spawn position, so only the creator needs to mod that, as far as I know.