Key Bindings Evaporated?

Fakum

I cant call this a Bug, so I am posting here. Last weekend I decided to flush my PC and do a fresh install of Win 10, so I did. I re-installed DCS and knowing that I couldnt transfer any of my Saved Games Inputs into the fresh DCS (Because with a new install, the controller ID's would not match) I knew I would have to start from scratch with a fresh set of keybindings. I cleared each category for each Module I installed and went about setting bindings. The 1st couple days I installed bindings for Huey, BS2 & F-18,,, spent a couple days testing and flying, all was well! Last night, I spent a couple hours assigning keybindings for Harrier, Mi8 & Gazelle. Clearing the HOTAS Throttle, Rudder & Stick colums for each of the modules before installing fresh bindings.. All was well. I log in today to test a flight in the BS2, and HOTAS was not responding? I found that ALL of my keybindings were GONE for the modules I initially setup, but the ones I did last night are intact? What the heck did I do wrong?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Maybe you did those first bindings using "Game Mode" and now are on "Sim Mode" ?

If you still have a backup of your old Saved Games folder, you could just rename the older *.diff.lua files, to match the name that they have on your new install. They would then work on your new DCS.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I had been flying the other modules this week in regular sim mode, so that wasnt the issue, but great point! I had thought long and hard about renaming all of those files to accomplish that, put it seemed more painful to me to take that approach. Another good tip as well, thanks as usual for your input. Honestly, I dont think I will ever solve this mystery, but I could get a reply that I hadnt even though of. Thanks Rudel,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Yes, as I mentioned above, I had considered that initially. I am in the process of doing that now. Im just not sure how they could have evaporated, which was the point of this post. Again,, the world may never know,,,,,

Edited by Fakum