Delete Markpoint Button

Hello,

Currently as I know of, there is no way to delete a Markpoint while in the air. There is a unlabeled blank button in the CDU panel, which in real life on some of the newer A10s deletes the currently selected Markpoint. It's kinda annoying right now that you cant delete a markpoint for example your target moves (etc). I feel this should be added to DCS.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

i believe that since IRL it is not possible, and mark points are used for debriefing purposes IRL, it is likely that this will not be introduced. there are "commercial customers" that require the sim to be exactly like the real plane. there are possible mark points A-Y with Z being a floater (i think because i have never needed that many). however i read somewhere that resetting CDU will clear mark points but i have never needed to.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

10 hours ago, silverdevil said:

i believe that since IRL it is not possible, and mark points are used for debriefing purposes IRL, it is likely that this will not be introduced. there are "commercial customers" that require the sim to be exactly like the real plane. there are possible mark points A-Y with Z being a floater (i think because i have never needed that many). however i read somewhere that resetting CDU will clear mark points but i have never needed to.

It’s a real life feature. There’s a dedicated markpoint delete button on the CDU panel. It was added at sometime after our initial suite 3 software. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AvroLanc said:

It’s a real life feature. There’s a dedicated markpoint delete button on the CDU panel. It was added at sometime after our initial suite 3 software. 

any idea what suite the modelled plane has? perhaps it not being there means something?

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain