Realsimulator’s new HOTAS survey

As you may have known, RS has recently announced the development of the F-35 HOTAS for home use since they already have completed the military version.  It will of course be much more affordable compared to the professional version which costs up to 40K.  The company has asked me to collect some info to help with the development of the home product.

Due to the exclusive nature of the new product, I can only tell you what I’m allowed to.  The throttle will be a linear type with around 9 inches of traveling distance, with interchangeable grips.  Initially the F-35 throttle grip will be available followed by the F-16 grip due to popular demand and perhaps other grips will be offered as well.  They strongly believe that VR is the future of flightsim.  Hence, It will have flexibility, modularity and extra functionality to accommodate VR users, and will also be built to last.

Few Questions:

1. How many people here would be interested?

2. What type of chair or mounting system do you use?

Edited by Supmua
  • Thanks 3

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Same as above, it sounds really good but I can't see I'd use an F-35 throttle over a F-16 one (because it's specific to a plane I actually fly) or my current virpil one (because it's a good plane-agnostic one). Also using virpil desk mounts

• Like 1

Fly fast and leave a pretty wreck

I’m very much interested in anything they put out, particularly if it’s an F-16 throttle.

I have the F16SGRH CE and the F18CGRH, and also the FSSB R3L, and have always been thoroughly impressed with their quality and functionality.

EDIT: Forgot my mount. I’m using a Monstertech cockpit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I've had an RS3L base for about 3 months and am very pleased with it.

Currently using it with a TM Warthog stick and throttle mounted on Monstertech desk mounts.

Am very much looking forward to the new RS F35 HOTAS for home use and would instantly purchase an F16 linear throttle grip.

Please also specify the type of chair and mount that you have.  This is so that they can come up with something that would accommodate a wide variety of setups for simmers.

Edited by Supmua

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Sorry, forgot the cockpit. Post edited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Very interested in the F-16 throttle grip. Using a RSEAT simrig (accepts throttles with Warthog footprints) with additional DIY Monstertech style mounting system, so i'd be happy with both. Monstertech will propably come up with a specific baseplate anyways, but offering an adaptor for the F-35 throttle with Warthog footprints may propably be a good idea as it is the most common throttle out there and a lot of people already have warthog style mounts. Just one question. Are you allowed to tell us if the throttle will also be offered standalone w/o the F-35 stick, or will it only be available as complete HOTAS set?

cheers

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

I cannot say at this time whether they’d sell it only as a complete HOTAS package or not. If I have to guess that would be a no since more people would probably just want the linear throttle. 

The TM mount compatibility is a good suggestion as lot of people already have the Warthog throttle (my 2nd one’s serial number is 90K+). I will pass this on to the devs. If you guys have further suggestions feel free to post it here. 

The fact that RealSimulator is getting into the throttle business is truly a great news ! There is no doubt I will buy their solution once the Viper grip for the throttle will be available, if they would sell a Mirage 2000 grip it would be fantastic too but I guess there's not enough interest for one out there. Currently using Monstertech mounts.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

Would personally love to see it accomodate 2 thottles to suit the hornet.

I use a separate pedestal for mounting the throttle 

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Definitely interested in the F35 HOTAS, but the fact that the grips can be exchanged is a major feature in itself 

I do not use a chair mount instead use the MonsterTech desk mount, so would like to see either a dedicated mounting plate for MonsterTech or if possible make it dimensions the same as the warthog throttle so could be mounted on that plate 

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

1. I am presently not interested in an F-35 throttle at all. But I am interested in a modular throttle that can quickly/easily accommodate different throttles. Having a modular throttle will only be useful if several different modules are available. The Warthog stick was modular... but until the Hornet grip was released many years later, it was just a Warthog stick. As I principally fly DCS World and own all of the aircraft and helicopter modules, I would be interested in having accurate throttle grip and lever mechanism options for many if not all DCS World aircraft. But their choice to use a linear throttle as the base limits which aircraft can be accurately simulated. Without a long term plan for what the consumer product will provide and knowing the only version available in the near future will be the F-35, I would not commit to buying their initial product.

2. I like building a dedicated console out of wood and/or aluminum to position the throttle accurately compared to the aircraft throttle it replicates. But desk clamp mounts as a quick and dirty solution over having to build a dedicated console is far more practical. With a fully adjustable desk clamp mount with the right dimensional ranges of motion, I could in theory match the physical position I want without even building a console. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi there,

1- I would be interested in the F16 grip for sure. And F18 throttle grips would be nice as-well. F35 would be nice if we get a descent F35 module on DCS but that ain’t gone happen in the foreseeable future.
2- I use Monstertech type desk mounts.

Best regards
Jorik

Kind regards

Jorik

Intel i7 8700k 5,0Ghz OC

Nvidia GTX1080Ti

32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM

HP Reverb Pro

Selfmade Alu Rail 4080 mounts

TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Virpil 100mm extension + Virpil VFX + TM F/A-18 Stick

TM MFD's

Saitek Pedals

I’m forwarding all the info to the devs.  The F-16 and 18 throttle grips will likely happen naturally, since they already have the joystick grips for both planes.  Keep in mind that this will likely be a single throttle device, although they’re still hotly debating about it.  A lot of training platforms for dual throttle jets have single throttle input, and most users besides hardcore BFM people would be ok with this.  In addition, making a dual linear throttle of this quality would also increase the cost significantly.

• Like 1