Pre-Order video!

Morrov

Finally i can say i bought it 😁

• Like 6

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

It looks great. Interior detail level, leather surfaces, rain wipers and touchdown moment the end of the video as the helicopter lands on the ground and bounces. 

This Cold War classic aircrafts have soul, they are special. Just like Tomcat, MiG-21, F-5E and others. Can't wait to fly my Hind.

• Like 6

The real question is what state is the hind going to be in on release day.  What exact features can be expected on release day and how long until the others that are in the "early access" phase are brought to form?

• Like 1

Just now, Thump said:

The real question is what state is the hind going to be in on release day.  What exact features can be expected on release day and how long until the others that are in the "early access" phase are brought to form?

They've been pretty clear on what to expect on early access. Check the news section of the forums. If you're not comfortable in taking part in early-access or you think you won't enjoy this module with the listed features, then just don't buy it in early access.

• Like 5

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

3 minutes ago, Thump said:

From the newsletter:

Key Features of DCS: Mi-24P Hind

On pre-order/early access:

• Professional flight dynamics and engine modelling with high precision characteristics of the real aircraft in all ranges of altitude, temperature and speeds for different weights and flight configurations.
  • Two 6DOF highly detailed cockpits (RU and EN versions available)
  • Fully clickable cockpits with interactive control of all onboard systems with mouse
  • Multi-crew. Second crew member can be another player or “Petrovich” AI (basic AI level during early access phase)
  • Detailed modeling of the entire electrical, fuel, hydraulic, anti-icing, fire protection, SAS, autopilot and radio systems
  • Full modeling of armament and weapons systems with ability to use 30mm cannon, unguided rockets (S-8, S-13, S-24B) and bombs from both cockpits in addition to the guided ATGM 9M114 operated by forward seated pilot-operator.
  • Standard Russian new and weathered liveries in addition to Iraqi and Syrian schemes 
  • Early Access manual Russian and English versions
  • Training missions 

On release:

• Cargohold gunner with KORD machine gun.
  • Advanced “Petrovich” AI features for pilot or pilot-operator seats.
  • Addition of ATGM 9M120 (HEAT and HE versions) and R-60M air to air missiles.
  • Sling cargo operations
  • Advanced damage modeling 
  • Additional liveries and livery template.
  • Manual in Russian and English (full list of languages is TBD)
  • Campaign by Eagle Dynamics
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

5 minutes ago, Thump said:

From the newsletter:

Key Features of DCS: Mi-24P Hind

On pre-order/early access:

• Professional flight dynamics and engine modelling with high precision characteristics of the real aircraft in all ranges of altitude, temperature and speeds for different weights and flight configurations.
  • Two 6DOF highly detailed cockpits (RU and EN versions available)
  • Fully clickable cockpits with interactive control of all onboard systems with mouse
  • Multi-crew. Second crew member can be another player or “Petrovich” AI (basic AI level during early access phase)
  • Detailed modeling of the entire electrical, fuel, hydraulic, anti-icing, fire protection, SAS, autopilot and radio systems
  • Full modeling of armament and weapons systems with ability to use 30mm cannon, unguided rockets (S-8, S-13, S-24B) and bombs from both cockpits in addition to the guided ATGM 9M114 operated by forward seated pilot-operator.
  • Standard Russian new and weathered liveries in addition to Iraqi and Syrian schemes 
  • Early Access manual Russian and English versions
  • Training missions 

On release:

• Cargohold gunner with KORD machine gun.
  • Advanced “Petrovich” AI features for pilot or pilot-operator seats.
  • Addition of ATGM 9M120 (HEAT and HE versions) and R-60M air to air missiles.
  • Sling cargo operations
  • Advanced damage modeling 
  • Additional liveries and livery template.
  • Manual in Russian and English (full list of languages is TBD)
  • Campaign by Eagle Dynamics

EDIT: sniped by @unknown

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Just now, hannibal said:

once I take flight in Mi24... will be looking for that guy on CA (combined arms)

🤣

WQC3UFPF3SSMU32UBODAEVRAVU.jpg

🤣

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

They've been pretty clear on what to expect on early access. Check the news section of the forums. If you're not comfortable in taking part in early-access or you think you won't enjoy this module with the listed features, then just don't buy it in early access.

So you're saying they had everything in the Hornet and Viper in their early access list on day 1?

11 minutes ago, hannibal said:

once I take flight in Mi24... will be looking for that guy on CA (combined arms)

🤣

WQC3UFPF3SSMU32UBODAEVRAVU.jpg

If he can't shoot me down with a bow and arrow, I'll be really dissapointed....

6 minutes ago, Thump said:

So you're saying they had everything in the Hornet and Viper in their early access list on day 1?

No idea. I didn't buy into either of those two modules. I did notice that those two early access lists were very sparse anyway. I don't look at this list as fixed or anything, more a general "what they're shooting for". I would advise anyone else not take these things as "fixed in stone" this is why it's called early access.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb Morrov:

I am unworthy! I am unworthy! Hail to the king, baby !! The best gift for Easter in a long time!

• Like 3

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Really Really excellent video, superb music!

I think I will watch it again.

Yeah, better second time!

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 2

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

God, just watched it after pre-ordering, as in, I didn't even finish reading the newsletter. Just saw the trailer, this is the best trailer of them all. Simply stunning visuals, music and composition. It catches the heroism of this silhouette in the sky. It is an absolute masterpiece! This is hands down 11/10, ED, you are amazing! 😘😎

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Rogue Trooper said:

Really Really excellent video, superb music!

I think I will watch it again.

Yeah, better second time!

Second? Pah.

I'm probably already on my 9763rd rewatch and I don't plan on stopping any time soon! 

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

It gets even better with alcohol.

• Like 4

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Did you noticed that most of a gauges in front cockpit is not functional yet? Attitude indicator, speedmeter, etc.. And there was not much view to moving gauges in rear cockpit either - probably these are things to complete. I hope they are really in the finish line as expected. 

But still - it seems that 2.7 + Hind will be freaking incredible :). 

The moment it rises above the trees in the video, it looks awesome. It’s such an iconic helicopter and is a must for DCS I’m so glad it’s nearly here. It’s an aircraft I’ve wanted done in detail for a long time. I have high hopes for it. 

Edited by westr
  • Like 3

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I've bought it....but stone me how many switches are there in this thing, gonna take me 30 minutes to find some of them, The Soviets make it simple to fix, but if I was flying the real thing, being a lanky thing,  I'd scratch my knee and turn off something useful.

I recall the Tucano had a problem with the something like the handbrake and fuel cut off, being side by side. There was a big air safety meeting and lecture from the Station Commander at RAF Linton on Ouse, there will be fire & brimstone on the next inadvertant fuel cut off, foul up.....and sure enough, there was one about 1/2 hour later.....by the Station Commander as he turned onto the runway....had to be towed off....he was human!

Not the most ergonomic machine I've seen

• Like 1