3rd party birds  

41 members have voted

1. 1. 3rd party birds

• yes- propabably do a cheesy what ever add on with a KA-50 pit
    • Yes- I'll recycle a free falcon 4 pit and attach it to an ai plane
    • I would but I don't have the talent
    • I'll make a pay add on

The question is:

Will DCS still be as moddable as Lock on was?

I.E you cannot really enter any of the hard-coded stuff to tweak things or even make your own brand new cockpit...

In a way it is good because a lot of the community thinks they have talent, but don't and will always release stuff called "dcs cockpit mod final beta v.32323" and just recolour the entire cockpit, well that is possible but you get the idea.

The flight simulator series was highly moddable and that gave us some very good payware addons, but in a way I prefer it to stay hard coded..

If I understand everything correctly regarding 3rd party add-ons, it is up to ED to decide who gets the tools to make the add-ons. These tools won't be available to everybody... Hex-edits and script-editing will still be the way forward for the vast majority...

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

Ah, that is good, I'm thumbs up for that if it is only released to people who know what they are doing, so the download section is not filled with crap stuff that people made in 5 minutes... It is not really like that now, but I bet it will be if you give full modding rights to anyone, which ED will not, which is good :D

If its good enough, ill sure pay for it. No matter if its a A/C or some other addon that helps make DCS:BS better in some ways.

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

The question is:

Will DCS still be as moddable as Lock on was?

I.E you cannot really enter any of the hard-coded stuff to tweak things or even make your own brand new cockpit...

In a way it is good because a lot of the community thinks they have talent, but don't and will always release stuff called "dcs cockpit mod final beta v.32323" and just recolour the entire cockpit, well that is possible but you get the idea.

The flight simulator series was highly moddable and that gave us some very good payware addons, but in a way I prefer it to stay hard coded..

From my understanding DCS will be mroe modable than Lock on

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=31052

I don't know hwo readly available it will be- but I figure the cheesy ka-50 on a B-52 cockpit or what ever is not going to be allowed.

but you can release them as

1. freebie add ons if they meet ED standards they will be incorperated into DCS update

2. unoffical add ons- freeware not up to par

3. offical pay wear add ons- with ED obviously getting some revenue.

In short it looks like ED sees this as away to increase the amount of add ons.