What MFD pages do you use in a Air To Air engagement against a similar opponent?

Fisherman82

What MFD pages do you use in a Air To Air engagement against a similar opponent? Would be interesting to know how people set it up.

With the addition of the AZ/EL page I started trying to put that on the left MFD, radar on the right and SA on the center.

I have found though that I think I have to skip it and put the EW on the left because Im loosing situational awareness, having the RWR on the HUD or SA makes those to cluttered for me to be able to quickly understand the information and the backup RWR is so small and slighty obscured if you have raised the seat to high.

In an all out BVR fight against a similar opponent, no need for visual identification so now need for FLIR, how do you do it?

Edited by Fisherman82

I use on LDDI RWR (or AZ/EL depending on distance and number of bogeys) or use the Weapons page to see info about the target when locked, i select on RWR panel the OFFSET option for separate the clutter in HUD, on RDDI i use the Radar, and in MFCD i use the SA page 🙂

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

LDDI is Az/El

RDDI is ATK RDR

MPCD is SA

RWR on the HUD (and SA integration) is enough for my situational awareness

• Like 1

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

LDDI is RWR

RDDI is ATK RDR

MPCD is SA or HSI (It's easy switchable via hotas)

Helmet display is OFF (due bad integration with HUD)

I dislike RWR depiction on HUD.

I do not find Az/El all that useful, I can just track targets elevation in my head.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

15 minutes ago, =4c=Nikola said:

...I dislike RWR depiction on HUD.

Yep, It can definitely clutter things up.  I'm gonna have to look closer at the declutter setups for different sensors, haven't really played with it yet.

As far as 'standard' DDI setups... I do deviate sometimes from the norms and quite a few times it bit me in the a$$.  The muscle memory can play tricks on you if you change usual DDI setups.

I bumped the SS switch in the wrong direction too many times :shifty: 

Edited by Gripes323
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, kengou said:

LDDI is Az/El

RDDI is ATK RDR

MPCD is SA

RWR on the HUD (and SA integration) is enough for my situational awareness

This is the way, assuming a BVR fight that for some reason goes to the merge. I (very) rarely use a FLIR pod for A-A work, which I admit is definitely a sim-ism allowed by the open ROE in the game. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 7:49 PM, Shik said:

On ingress, I like having EW on my LDDI but part of my fence in procedure is switching it to my HUD.  Stores or AZ/EL or TGP on the left after that, depending on circumstance.

I do something similar.  If I don't have anything useful to put on the LDDI prior to fence in I put the RWR, but the volume is down very low and the HUD in unboxed.  At fence-in the EWR data goes on the HUD with the volume up, HMD on, and then LDDI goes to Az/El or FPAS

I do something similar.  If I don't have anything useful to put on the LDDI prior to fence in I put the RWR, but the volume is down very low and the HUD in unboxed.  At fence-in the EWR data goes on the HUD with the volume up, HMD on, and then LDDI goes to Az/El or FPAS
I love how from a page like EW or FPAS on the left DDI SCS left cues AZ/EL. Then from there it's easy to get to stores too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk