Tarawa needs some love

Jackjack171

The USS Tarawa needs a major overhaul IMHO. It is dated to say the least. I hope it is brought up to SC standards or better. Not just operationally but cosmetically as well.  The padeyes are funny looking. FYI, IRL she sits in Hawaii close to Ford Island and looks the same as in DCS: bland and dead. Perhaps it is time for a new LHD model. I love the free mod Juan Carlos. Vertical landings are addictive. The Harrier has so much more left in her. Along with all of the fixes that @Fri13 was mentioning, it would be beautiful! 

Off topic: I'd pay double for a TAV-8B (I know, I know, what's the point right?) and AV-8B II+! Razbam could go to the moon with this, IJS!

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

The Tarawa will get a major overhaul, at least graphically. Razbam posted some screenshots on their discord some time ago and recently confirmed that the new model will come with the next update scheduled for next wednesday 

Edit: Screenshots from early February:

image_2021_02_08T23_16_10_251Z.jpg

image_2021_02_08T23_16_44_587Z.jpg

image_2021_02_04T19_23_30_618Z.jpg

Edited by Cunctator
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jackjack171 said:

Off topic: I'd pay double for a TAV-8B (I know, I know, what's the point right?) and AV-8B II+! Razbam could go to the moon with this, IJS!

Razbam promised to make a AV-8B+ once ED has completed Hornet A-G radar. As the + variant is otherwise same as N/A except throttle has one button and spring loaded centering wheel more, DMT removed (no TV or LST) and same radar MPCD pages as Hornet. Then just the few radar related new logic to use existing HOTAS functions.

And they said they as full price for that.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

6 hours ago, Fri13 said:

Razbam promised to make a AV-8B+ once ED has completed Hornet A-G radar. As the + variant is otherwise same as N/A except throttle has one button and spring loaded centering wheel more, DMT removed (no TV or LST) and same radar MPCD pages as Hornet. Then just the few radar related new logic to use existing HOTAS functions.

Yeah, I've been quietly following that radar bird stuff. The Harrier has been in my hangar for a while. I pulled it back out a month ago after a lot of A-10CII shenanigans. The AV-8B is a unique bird. It deserves all that is possible IMO. For some reason, and this is no negative jibe at anything but trapping in the Hornet is way too easy. Maybe it's the trap physics. Hovering however is a trip! We just need the LSO comms to tell us "Clear to Cross and Clear to land", and of course, the lens working again!

7 hours ago, Cunctator said:

The Tarawa will get a major overhaul, at least graphically. Razbam posted some screenshots on their discord some time ago and recently confirmed that the new model will come with the next update scheduled for next wednesday 

Edit: Screenshots from early February:

image_2021_02_08T23_16_10_251Z.jpg

image_2021_02_08T23_16_44_587Z.jpg

image_2021_02_04T19_23_30_618Z.jpg

Thank you my friend, looks better!

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

13 hours ago, Fri13 said:

To be fair, the way the weapons system and MC works is fairly different in that bird. Plus probably Aero, and then adding stuff like glorious spamraaaaam!

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).