first time in A10CII cockpit in VR

If you've had a mediocre experience with VR in DCS, try the Pimax 8kx.  For me it's running a crystal clear (I forget there are lenses in front of me), very smooth, extremely immersive flight at nearly full settings at 90-114 fps and 4k in each eye.  It does take a lot of power to run it though; 5.8ghz, 64g at 3400, RTX 3090, dedicated m.2 drive.

I have a 49" LG CX OLED TV which is faster than a lot of gaming monitors due to the Gsync chip, but I can't stand to fly with it anymore.  The biggest problems are that after getting used to VR there's a lack of depth for altitude perception and loss of the 1:1 movement SA.  Also, as good as the LG CX is, the Pimax 8kx looks more bright, crisp, and the colors are better defined.

I attached the Pimax UltraLeap hand tracker to my 8kx and it works beautifully in demos, but it's not quite there yet in DCS... obviously, since native support was only recently added.  I'm hoping there will be a setting to disable switch interaction, as I have a VR simpit and really just want to see my hands while interacting with it.  Once I have that, I think the only other thing I could do for immersion would be to set up an Air Cycle Turbine to blow dry cockpit air into my face...  (already have jetseat simshaker as well as two large subwoofers bolted to my simpit.. which is really awesome... up until the moment I wake my wife, who can't hear it on the other side of the house but can feel it) 

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm