Two weeks (tm) man.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Hoping the FM will be fixed to enjoy in those clouds!

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus Xi Hero, 32GB G.Skill Trident 3200, Asus RoG Strix 2070 OC, 1TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

13 hours ago, AH_Solid_Snake said:

It’s actually tminus one week, be sure this time. I guess we all know a big patch is imminent and we’re just curious whether the patch notes will have any interesting presents under the tree for F14 fans.

Hate to break it to you but:

Next update: Planned 7th April 2021 (subject to change)

• Like 3

No FM or F-14A updates in this next patch. There will definitely be F-14 updates, just not those particular items. The team has been focusing on other things for this patch, but work is ongoing on these items. Like I've several times here, I will let you know when the FM update is ready.

Edited by fat creason
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

5 hours ago, Spartan111sqn said:

Hi, what's the problem on the FM? can you explain it please?, I would like to know.

Not much is the reasonable conclusion. 

The aircraft in DCS is competitive, authentic and as close as anyone's ever got to simulating the F-14 in computer game history.

There are some tweaks required to get it just so, but whilst the measurable output values of the discrepancies are small, the work involved balancing various drag, thrust, weight and airspeed parameters to get all to synchronise exactly as prototype at a specific condition criteria is huge. Even then, it is very possible to get them spot on at one altitude yet it may not neatly be the correct combination for another.

Even then, when you have calculated all that for the F-14B and you think you have it right, you now have to take the relevant common parameters over to the F-14A: however, it might not fit exactly the data set for the F-14, which would indicate that some combination of airframe data needs to be re-calculated at the F-14B. 

Back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and...

Anyone who thinks this work is simple is delusional.

Anyone who thinks that they've "lost a dogfight" because of this is likewise.

It's great as is, go out, have fun, and just know that the HB team are striving towards ever greater accuracy even while you're grinning your a$$ off having so much fun it must be illegal someplace.

Edited by DD_Fenrir
  • Like 17

Thanks for the info, I can imagine how difficult it is, I think it should be a recurrent workload and trying to converge and not to diverge.

For me to have the correct and accurate FM is key to have a correct immersive experience, if the FM is not accurate I lose all interest, I need the aircraft with its proper DNA, with its weaknesses and strengths.

In the case of F14 B, I feel it impresive, you feel many things flying it.

I see it a bit overperformer in turning, but I cannot know if it is like in RL.

Also reading the real F14B Flight Manual they refer for endurance AoA 10 units of alpha what I consider at that point the behaviour of the aircraft in DCS too much in the limit, I do not know if in the real one was like that.

4 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Not much is the reasonable conclusion. 

The aircraft in DCS is competitive, authentic and as close as anyone's ever got to simulating the F-14 in computer game history.

There are some tweaks required to get it just so, but whilst the measurable output values of the discrepancies are small, the work involved balancing various drag, thrust, weight and airspeed parameters to get all to synchronise exactly as prototype at a specific condition criteria is huge. Even then, it is very possible to get them spot on at one altitude yet it may not neatly be the correct combination for another.

Even then, when you have calculated all that for the F-14B and you think you have it right, you now have to take the relevant common parameters over to the F-14A: however, it might not fit exactly the data set for the F-14, which would indicate that some combination of airframe data needs to be re-calculated at the F-14B. 

Back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and...

Anyone who thinks this work is simple is delusional.

Anyone who thinks that they've "lost a dogfight" because of this is likewise.

It's great as is, go out, have fun, and just know that the HB team are striving towards ever greater accuracy even while you grinning your a$$ off having so much fun it must be illegal someplace.

Every word in this post is true, listen to this guy.

Edited by fat creason
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

• 2 weeks later...

Aerodynamically they're pretty much the same .. unless you go with a different chinpod

If the drag numbers are drastically different between something is amiss... sure there are weights and spool rates..

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk