voice attack issue

Nightwing

Thanks for answering. I'm sure I'm missing something simple...my box has a profile box, but no "send command to" or "active window" box. Only profile box, and then the pencil.  What icon am I supposed to double click on. Thanks.

this is a new install of voiceattack that you're configuring? sounds like you are looking to setup commands? voiceattack by default won't send commands directly to DCS (sounds like what you are trying to do with asking about "send command to"). in the voiceattack profile, you'll setup commands along the lines of "when i say 'landing gear up' then keypress G". then you'd have G mapped in DCS.

example

image.png

If you are looking for voiceattack to be more directly integrated into DCS, check out voiceattack plugins like https://www.vaicompro.com/ . I can't imagine DCS without it at this point.

Edited by Monkwolf
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nightwing said:

Not exactly, but your answer has helped. I think I'm trying to send commands to dcs as you described. Don't know how to send a screen shot, so there's that.  In over my head? Yeah probably.  Thanks for helping.

Here's the example above, but set to send to DCS:

image.png

DCS will appear in that dropdown when it's running. That said, you don't really need to send commands specifically to DCS. You'll setup commands in your voiceattack profile to trigger keypresses and joystick buttons when you say certain word(s), and then DCS will pick those up just like it does with normal keypresses and joystick buttons.

extending above example, in DCS I'll go to controls and configure landing gear up in a plane to be mapped to the G key. Then when I say "landing gear up", voiceattack triggers a keypress of G, and since G is setup for landing gear in the DCS controls, then it is triggered.

13 hours ago, Nightwing said:

Thanks. I think I understand. So, if I were to use this in war thunder, would I put that in send command to? 

You could, but then you might end up with a command for DCS and a command for War Thunder that both do the same thing (like press "G" key when you say "Landing Gear Up"). I've never used the "send command to" stuff - the way I use it, VoiceAttack generates keypresses and button presses based on what I say, and then I have those keypresses and button presses mapped in the game. Say I didn't have a game running, and had Notepad open and said "Landing Gear Up" - then G would appear in Notepad. Think of VoiceAttack as a way of controlling your keyboard, joystick, and other devices.. not as a way of directly controlling games (more direct control of games is usually going to require plugins like Vaicom or Digital Race Engineer).

The "send command to" stuff seems useful if you need to have the same phrase ("Landing Gear Up") do different things in different programs (press G in DCS, but press K in War Thunder). If you want to have different commands for DCS vs War Thunder vs IL-2, I'd recommend having those as separate VoiceAttack profiles instead of having one profile with commands for all of them.

Hi:

My guess is that your voice attack is a new/clean installation, so you go directly to the profile and to the add command window. If the window is the one called "edit a profile", just click on "new command", add whatever you may want as this is just for a try, click on "done" and you should go to the "main window".  

The icon I mentioned is the one on the desktop, by the way.

Saca111

If what you get is a "small"window", called "voice attack", with a "profile" "long box" with a pencil on its right hand side, click right on the "+" icon right of it and create a new profile, call it "DCS test" ( 🤔). ONce done, select that profile in the "long box", then click on the pencil icon to start creating the commands, easy task... to be sure in works on DCS, you can always set this option in the "new command" window.

I hope I saw the point you are suffering and helped.

Saca111

Edited by Sacarino111

Thank you both very much. I have yet to get back in and try this again, but hope to today. I appreciate your help.  BTW, do either of you know where I can find a F-15 profile to download. Maybe similar to Bailey's F18's profile?

I don't know if this helps or not but NONE of my windows /profiles are dictated to a specific game..it just reads everything as a key or mouse input regardless of what's running as a game.

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

On 3/27/2021 at 10:49 PM, Nightwing said:

Thank you both very much. I have yet to get back in and try this again, but hope to today. I appreciate your help.  BTW, do either of you know where I can find a F-15 profile to download. Maybe similar to Bailey's F18's profile?

Here
DCS FC3 VoiceAttack by Bailey v1.1
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305691/

Edited by Bailey