Jump to content

F-15E WIP Updates


FoxOne007

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Ignition said:

 

Any chance on a bigger image? maybe 1080?

Sadly not, this is the original image posted

 

 

3 minutes ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

Pls lock this thread

I've asked them to pin it, would also like for it to only be able to be me who posts images but doubt they'll do that


Edited by FoxOne007
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BIGNEWYis it possible to soft-lock this thread so only I can post the WIP images/info on it? And it not could you please clean it up and leave only the images? Thanks in advance either way

  • Like 6

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all

 

off topic removed, please stick to the topic 

 

F-15E WIP Updates

 

thanks

  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, CarbonFox said:

I'm assuming this is going to be an early to mid 2000s F-15E?

The time frame is unknown, they'll try and get it as modern as they can get, most likely up to somewhere around 2012, but we'll have to wait and see when we get more info from RAZBAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2021 at 7:02 AM, FoxOne007 said:

most likely up to somewhere around 2012

Thats a little ambitious...

I would suggest its probably going to be in the scope of mid-late 80's, maybe up to mid 90's, keeping in consistancy with the age group of the other planes on the DCS platform. Im definitely no expert, but I would suggest something to do with the word " classified " might be relevant and would somewhat limit a more " modern plane ".

 

Definitely looks the part, im assuming the color MPCD has the same functions as the hornet, was intersting to see it wasnt set to default GPS and was giving a color mirror of the left DDI. I am a little bit dissapointed to see we wont be getting an AI WSO like we have in the F-14, will definitely be interesting cockpit hopping.

Hurry up and wait I guess.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, M4ND4L0R3 said:

Thats a little ambitious...

I would suggest its probably going to be in the scope of mid-late 80's, maybe up to mid 90's, keeping in consistancy with the age group of the other planes on the DCS platform. Im definitely no expert, but I would suggest something to do with the word " classified " might be relevant and would somewhat limit a more " modern plane ".

 

Definitely looks the part, im assuming the color MPCD has the same functions as the hornet, was intersting to see it wasnt set to default GPS and was giving a color mirror of the left DDI. I am a little bit dissapointed to see we wont be getting an AI WSO like we have in the F-14, will definitely be interesting cockpit hopping.

Hurry up and wait I guess.


It's most likely going to be around the same age as the F-16 and F-18 we already have in sim, and you shouldn't need to cockpit hop as the pilot can do pretty much everything the guy in the back can do from his seat in the front. It's not like the Tomcat where tasks are split entirely between the two people, It should be possible to get weapons on target just from the front seat, you'll probably be a bit less efficient then with a WSO helping but its doable.

  • Like 2

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

 

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TLTeo said:

Also the Strike Eagle didn't even achieve IOC until the end of 1989, so mid/late 80s means literally nothing here....

Fair enough, I thought it was older than that. Like i said, not an expert. 1989 was a good year though, haha!

 

2 hours ago, Deano87 said:

and you shouldn't need to cockpit hop as the pilot can do pretty much everything the guy in the back can do from his seat in the front.

 

Oh ok, I was actually kind of hoping it would be the same as the F-14, the two player dynamic really makes for some great times. A buddy and me take turns swapping roles all the time in the F-14 which really improves the entire module for me. ( twin seat F/A-18 module DCS...? )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, M4ND4L0R3 said:

Oh ok, I was actually kind of hoping it would be the same as the F-14, the two player dynamic really makes for some great times

You can fly it like that (really, you're supposed to), but you don't have to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, M4ND4L0R3 said:

Thats a little ambitious...

I would suggest its probably going to be in the scope of mid-late 80's, maybe up to mid 90's, keeping in consistancy with the age group of the other planes on the DCS platform. Im definitely no expert, but I would suggest something to do with the word " classified " might be relevant and would somewhat limit a more " modern plane ".

 

Definitely looks the part, im assuming the color MPCD has the same functions as the hornet, was intersting to see it wasnt set to default GPS and was giving a color mirror of the left DDI. I am a little bit dissapointed to see we wont be getting an AI WSO like we have in the F-14, will definitely be interesting cockpit hopping.

Hurry up and wait I guess.

It definitely won’t be that old, it will be more modern, around the same time as the F-16/F-18 but maybe slightly newer, the planned weapons on the first page should also reflect that, JDAMs and SDB’s aren’t from the 90’s… SDB’s would be the newest weapon which came to the SE between 2006-2008

  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Small update, this got posted by the 3D artist:

It's a 3D photoscan of the HOTAS

Image

 

EDIT: 3D Scan, as per the artist in the reply below


Edited by FoxOne007
  • Like 9

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

mostly hyped about the A/G radar capabilities.

 

Given that the Hornets A/g SAR map still leaves much to be desired, the more sophiscated A/G mapping modes, and higher resolution sar will be welcome

 

 

 

jelCkVe.gif


Edited by Kev2go
  • Like 3

 

 

 

Build:

 

 

 

 

 

Windows 10 64 bit,

 

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png

3 hours ago, Kev2go said:

mostly hyped about the A/G radar capabilities.

 

Given that the Hornets A/g SAR map still leaves much to be desired, the more sophiscated A/G mapping modes, and higher resolution sar will be welcome

 

 

 

jelCkVe.gif

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2021 at 7:21 AM, Kev2go said:

mostly hyped about the A/G radar capabilities.

 

Given that the Hornets A/g SAR map still leaves much to be desired, the more sophiscated A/G mapping modes, and higher resolution sar will be welcome

 

 

 

jelCkVe.gif

 

So am I, one of the big things with the SE that will set it apart from the rest

  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...