F-15E WIP Updates (NO DISCUSSION)

FoxOne007

7 hours ago, Ignition said:

Any chance on a bigger image? maybe 1080?

Sadly not, this is the original image posted

3 minutes ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

Pls lock this thread

I've asked them to pin it, would also like for it to only be able to be me who posts images but doubt they'll do that

Edited by FoxOne007
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi all

off topic removed, please stick to the topic 

F-15E WIP Updates

thanks

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

8 hours ago, CarbonFox said:

I'm assuming this is going to be an early to mid 2000s F-15E?

The time frame is unknown, they'll try and get it as modern as they can get, most likely up to somewhere around 2012, but we'll have to wait and see when we get more info from RAZBAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 5/16/2021 at 7:02 AM, FoxOne007 said:

most likely up to somewhere around 2012

Thats a little ambitious...

I would suggest its probably going to be in the scope of mid-late 80's, maybe up to mid 90's, keeping in consistancy with the age group of the other planes on the DCS platform. Im definitely no expert, but I would suggest something to do with the word " classified " might be relevant and would somewhat limit a more " modern plane ".

Definitely looks the part, im assuming the color MPCD has the same functions as the hornet, was intersting to see it wasnt set to default GPS and was giving a color mirror of the left DDI. I am a little bit dissapointed to see we wont be getting an AI WSO like we have in the F-14, will definitely be interesting cockpit hopping.

Hurry up and wait I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M4ND4L0R3 said:

I would suggest its probably going to be in the scope of mid-late 80's, maybe up to mid 90's, keeping in consistancy with the age group of the other planes on the DCS platform. Im definitely no expert, but I would suggest something to do with the word " classified " might be relevant and would somewhat limit a more " modern plane ".

Definitely looks the part, im assuming the color MPCD has the same functions as the hornet, was intersting to see it wasnt set to default GPS and was giving a color mirror of the left DDI. I am a little bit dissapointed to see we wont be getting an AI WSO like we have in the F-14, will definitely be interesting cockpit hopping.

It's most likely going to be around the same age as the F-16 and F-18 we already have in sim, and you shouldn't need to cockpit hop as the pilot can do pretty much everything the guy in the back can do from his seat in the front. It's not like the Tomcat where tasks are split entirely between the two people, It should be possible to get weapons on target just from the front seat, you'll probably be a bit less efficient then with a WSO helping but its doable.

• Like 2

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

1 hour ago, TLTeo said:

Also the Strike Eagle didn't even achieve IOC until the end of 1989, so mid/late 80s means literally nothing here....

Fair enough, I thought it was older than that. Like i said, not an expert. 1989 was a good year though, haha!

2 hours ago, Deano87 said:

and you shouldn't need to cockpit hop as the pilot can do pretty much everything the guy in the back can do from his seat in the front.

Oh ok, I was actually kind of hoping it would be the same as the F-14, the two player dynamic really makes for some great times. A buddy and me take turns swapping roles all the time in the F-14 which really improves the entire module for me. ( twin seat F/A-18 module DCS...? )

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, M4ND4L0R3 said:

Oh ok, I was actually kind of hoping it would be the same as the F-14, the two player dynamic really makes for some great times

You can fly it like that (really, you're supposed to), but you don't have to.

10 hours ago, M4ND4L0R3 said:

It definitely won’t be that old, it will be more modern, around the same time as the F-16/F-18 but maybe slightly newer, the planned weapons on the first page should also reflect that, JDAMs and SDB’s aren’t from the 90’s… SDB’s would be the newest weapon which came to the SE between 2006-2008

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

mostly hyped about the A/G radar capabilities.

Given that the Hornets A/g SAR map still leaves much to be desired, the more sophiscated A/G mapping modes, and higher resolution sar will be welcome

jelCkVe.gif

Edited by Kev2go
  • Like 4

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

On 6/4/2021 at 7:21 AM, Kev2go said:

mostly hyped about the A/G radar capabilities.

Given that the Hornets A/g SAR map still leaves much to be desired, the more sophiscated A/G mapping modes, and higher resolution sar will be welcome

jelCkVe.gif

So am I, one of the big things with the SE that will set it apart from the rest

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...