[REPORTED] Track line always indicating 10 degr left of heading, no matter what the wind is, on NORMANDY map

Bog9y

Hi Razbam, 

Just want to report an issue I found on the Normandy map. The track line on the EHSD is always indicating 10 degrees left of my heading, no matter what the actual wind is. I have tried this with  no winds, strong winds, changing dates, changing from magnetic to true but the track line remains in the 11 (ish) o'clock position on the EHSD.  I think the post below (about Nevada HUD issue) has some screenshots where the trackline is 10 degrees to the right of the actual heading, this is the same problem except it's to the right, instead of left.  This does not occur on the Caucasus map. 

Please find attached the track file where before take off, the track line indicates 350 degrees. As soon as I take off it indicates 10 left of my heading. The wind is from the south, the ghost vector is working as expected but the EHSD trackline is not. I turned on to a heading of 180 degrees (straight into a headwind, no drift) and yet the trackline says 170. I turn to 090, wind from the right, track indicates 080 degrees. I turn north , tailwind with no drift, track says 350 degrees but my actual real track is 360 degrees.  

AV8Bweird trackline.trk

Edited by Bbow

• Bog9y changed the title to Track line always indicating 10 degr left of heading, no matter what the wind is, on NORMANDY map
2 hours ago, tea_cypher said:

Sounds like magnetic deviation to me.

I confirm there's a large (~10°) error in the AV-8B's EHSD ground track on the Normandy map when using magnetic bearings.

gdhGUEp.jpg

Switching MapM to TRUE is boxed fixed it for 21 June 2016 (MV = W 0.7° both historically and in the A-10C).

The magnetic variation (both historically and as measured by the AV-8B) is not large enough to cause the error.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Just now, Bbow said:

This is weird...have you tried it with wind though?  

No, I just did a quick sanity check with the default time and weather.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

1 hour ago, Ramsay said:

No, I just did a quick sanity check with the default time and weather.

Thanks for doing that, the screenshots are great to illustrate the issue. I'll have another play with it later. 

Tried it last night and you are right Ramsay, switching to TRUE fixed the trackline issue. Thanks for your help.

The trackline indicates drift correctly when TRUE is switched on, it's not the way it should work but it's a good tempo fix because the variation is so small in Normandy. 

• 5 months later...
On 9/17/2021 at 7:26 AM, AlphaJuliet said:

Do you confirm this is still an issue ? 

Hi AJ, just tried it and I confirm that on the Normandy map, wind calm conditions, the ground track displayed on the MAP (EHSD) is still showing 10 degrees left of actual track. 

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [REPORTED] Track line always indicating 10 degr left of heading, no matter what the wind is, on NORMANDY map
  • 1 month later...