OK i just found several bugs regarding the SLAM for the f18. As im not yet able to post on the ed forums due to the time lock, ill post it here in the meantime. theres 3 bugs that i encounter.   1: the altitude setting has no effect. no matter what setting you use, the missle will always cruise at aproximately the altitudse it was launched at.      2:sometimes you cannot change the fov of the missiles sensor 3:This is by far the worst one: sometimes the sensor wont render the ground, and you can only see vehicles buildings and the see below the surface. This might be caused by my gpu (it has had problems before), but i think that is very unlikely. in terms of troubleshooting ive reinstalled my drivers and completely reinstalled the game. ill post some picture below, that demonstrate the issue.

missle 1-2.png

missle 2-1.png

Edited by Silent253

The issue where the ground doesn't render is likely related to your drive and/or CPU. Are you using an SSD or HDD?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

1197644828_Screen_200911_044202-Copy.png.74d8c09ee9060cffd7408a75ab2c13ef.png

Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700K, 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum

F/A-18C, AV-8B, JF-17, A-10C (C II), M-2000C, F-16C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3

the ground rendering bug is not hw-related, its related to distance from player's plane.

its far more visible with jf-17's cruise missile, because it has much higher video transmission range.

this thing broke when ED added slam to hornet, its broken for 8 months now....

Edited by dorianR666

:joystick:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

I figured that might be the problem , but in the pictures i send (the second one wroks) the plane was just 25 nm away from the target. Also the mountain range behing the target ( i positioned the targets at beirut) were rendered for some reason.