Framerate/microstutter

F-16 SP mission "Combat Training: Home On the Range" in Nevada

When I spawn in facing forward my FPS start jumping all over the place.   My GPU is nowhere near 99% utilization, none of my CPU cores are maxing out.  This doesn't seem like a hardware bottleneck. 

In most single player situations I can maintain 55-60FPS no problem, and have my WMR headset running at 60hz.    But something I believe around the parking area of this mission is destroying my framerate.   I have taxi'd around the airfield and facing certain directions I jump right back up to 60FPS. 

Anybody else get lower than usual framerates that sporadically fluctuate by like 20-30fps looking forward with this track file?  I had to upload to google drive because it's 30MB.  If not, could you please load the F-16 mission "Combat Training: Home on the Range" on Nevada map and look around and examine your fps and system resources?   Someone with more time knowledge and determination than me might be able to work out the cause. 

here is the link to the .trk file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JwFwmCJ7UKjvuqpeTGf0ZUpMGNbPv-uy/view?usp=sharing

Click download link in upper right hand corner, for some reason google drive is treating it like a zip file. 

My fps drops by like 20-30, and like I said my system isn't showing any signs of bottleneck..  so I'm hoping this is something similar to an experience we had back in 1.5 where certain models needed tweaking or something was causing similar behavior, but ED had it fixed within a day or two of it being pointed out.   Hopefully whatever is causing this can be fixed and leads to more fixes for current performance issues.    

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

6 hours ago, Zeagle said:

I had an issue a while back where I added some B-1 Bones to the mission and they took everybody's framerate down. Been scared to use them ever since.

Yeah, that's my guess with whatever's doing this.   Old or broken unit models.  But it's just a guess.  

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.