Can't contact Tarawa ATC and/or follow TACAN

Sylosis

Probably a noob question, but I am coming back to DCS after some hiatus. I posted it in "Problems and Bugs" but nobody bothered to answer, so I figured I'd try in a non-bug related forum. 

So, first of all, I can't talk to Tarawa ATC. I read it's supposed to be default frequency 127.500. Tried it, using the proper Comm buton (have it set on my Comm1) and they don't reply.

Also, is there a Tarawa TACAN? I've looked everywhere and can't find what it's supposed to be.

Thanks

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

Both work... So, it is has to be something you are doing or not doing...

Are you just creating a mission in the ME and placing the Tarawa in the map? If so, you need to finish setting the tacan in the wp0 for the carrier, which, by default it is set to channel 1 or 11  X (can't recall right now which one) but it doesn't have the unit name assigned. 

Default frequency is indeed 127.500. 

I guess we will need more details to help troubleshooting.

10 minutes ago, Draken35 said:

Both work... So, it is has to be something you are doing or not doing...

Are you just creating a mission in the ME and placing the Tarawa in the map? If so, you need to finish setting the tacan in the wp0 for the carrier, which, by default it is set to channel 1 or 11  X (can't recall right now which one) but it doesn't have the unit name assigned. 

Default frequency is indeed 127.500. 

I guess we will need more details to help troubleshooting.

I'm actually playing the Ottoman campaign and haven't seen neither of those (TACAN and ATC frequencies) in the briefing. Yet the briefings do require to use ATC, and obviously TACAN always helps to find the ship... Therefore, if nothing is mentioned in the briefing as to using "different than default" values, I assumed it was default values. Have you tried the campaign and/or was able to talk to the Tarawa?

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

Gotcha.  I have only played that campaign till mission 3...  I was able to talk to Tarawa using the frequency listed in one of the kneeboards. It causes a bit of  confusion since I have 2 frequency sheets (for mission 3) with 2 different frequencies listed for the boat and the voice over mention Marshall . The one that works is the one that matches the radio presets. IIRC the callsign is Proud Eagle but not 100% sure.

As for TACAN, I have not tried to used it in the campaign but I sure if it was configured it would be listed... The default ACTIVATE TACAN advance action that we get when the Tarawa is placed on the map is not fully configured and it does not work.

image.png

iirc the Tarawa aint moving in this mission and your last waypoint should be close enough to actually see the ship.

i didnt even bother with the atc frequencies as the tarawa atc is broken anyway (it thinks your a hornet)

1 hour ago, Wisky said:

iirc the Tarawa aint moving in this mission and your last waypoint should be close enough to actually see the ship.

i didnt even bother with the atc frequencies as the tarawa atc is broken anyway (it thinks your a hornet)

If you own SuperCarrier it is indeed broken....