Chances of a new DCS website?

I agree. simple and to the point the curint DCS web page is just fine the way it is. With the excption for a option to DL Black Shark. :D

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

The current design is a little lame to be honest. There is no mass market potentional for this "simulator" and it is purely marketed at that.

Coming onto this site as a regular consumer, a person would be instantly turned off by professional niche marketing. There is no appeal or message other than stating the fact that there is this digital simulator game with a focus on helos which has a huge abundance in detail.

I will whip something up tomorrow or sometime later to show you what I mean and how a good website can push a great game into the minds eye of regular people.

If I rember right I read or saw a interview. That they know that this sim will not apeal to the majorty of gamers (thats fine with me). And that only the real hardcore sim pilots will aculy get the full enjoyment out of the work dun by DCS in this sim. I uderstad your point thou of bringing in unsuspecting people to gain sails that otherwise would not be made. I am thinking that the price tag on this sim will be quite high so to make back some of the money invested in this project. I will pay what ever the cost is to get it in my grubby fat hands. But If priced even at $59-$79 It may scare away the avridge gamer/parent from buying it. If I see it at $59 or lower I will be verry happy with the price..

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Most (game)websites are so over-the-top, with bold colours and advertising that practically shoves the product down your neck...

I like the present design of this site; however...If there was a webpage (i.e.-the home page of DCS) that had the obnoxious advertising, perhaps a recent news/article column, FAQ column, and some Screenies (and vids of course) with the bold colours and expressive text, [take a look at the Call of Duty sites] this Sim could draw in more mainstream 'gamers', which would make more profit for ED, and would eventually benefit us all. The only drawback would be that aforementioned 'gamers' would spam the forums...

Of course this webpage could be made by the community, and link to the forums-(with ED's approval)-and wouldn't waste any of ED's time or resources.

I've been monitoring this community for some time now, and the community is very constructive and creative, and could be a valuable resourse....Just some of my observations...

Oh and VVANKS, could you make me a sig?!

CrazySunDog

• 2 years later...

I think the current DCS website is fine. It is easy to use, the colours are not too dark or vivid, and it is much wider horizontally than the ones you have shown us. Oh, and there is already the BS Wiki project, which should become a nice repository for information in the future.

Edited by Groove