VR Head Tracking

Hi all

So i just built my new computer for flying and racing in VR. Over the last 2 days I am slowly figuring out how to get my system running properly. I followed this post https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/254858-bignewys-reverb-g2-settings-for-high-frame-rate/ and it has helped. I am however running into two issues that I can't seem to figure out. 

1. My VR doesn't allow me to move my head around like leaning forward or to left and right, its completely fixed in place, i can rotate my head and look around but that's it. This wasn't the case earlier yesterday when I was able to move in all directions. I tried rebooting and disconnecting the VR.

2. The objects on the ground seem to blur or stutter when i fly by low. This one is strange, if I am looking out the front of the cockpit everything is smooth, if I look to the left or right of the cockpit at the ground the objects stutter for as long as I watch them. When I look back forward its stops. I watched my FPS and it never dropped below  75FPS. Basically I cant look left or right at the ground without crazy jitters. 

My Settings are the same as the ones posted in the thread above.

GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS Elite

Intel i9 10900k

DDR4 3200 64GB

Western Digital WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB SSD - Newegg.com

RTX 2080 ti

HP Reverb G2

I've updated all my drivers

My CPU never gets over 60c

I Installed OpenXr

I also tried turning shadow off, turning preload radius to 50% but nothing changed.

Side note: Pretty damn cool experience so far despite the issues. I quit years ago to wait for a day we could actually see the cockpit details in VR and have FPS over 45.

One other question. I have Windows Mixed reality running, I also have Steam VR. Should they both be running or should I uninstall Windows Mixed Reality and leave the Steam VR to do the work? I'm not quite sure how this works.

Hi,

The Reverb is a WMR (Windows Mixed Reality) fancy name for a VR Headset that is intergrated with Windows 10.. with the Tracking you need to have a well lit room and with stuff in not just a empty room.. It bases its tracking off other close by visible objects..

I have no issues with my G2 and tracking. I had a O+ before and the tracking was similar and never had issues with the tracking..

For your Stutters have you tried Disabling Hyper Threading?

For the G2 a WMR headset you need to have WMR for Steam and Steam VR Running or the headset will not work..  you do not need to run the original Windows mixed portal.. but both WMR for Steam and Steam VR can be DL on Steam 🙂

I hope all goes well for you and your system should be more then capable to run the G2. What resolution do you run your Headset Super Sampling setting at in Steam VR?

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4-AC / Intel i7 11700K @ 5.0Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVME 2TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar  / Buttkicker Gamer 2

30 minutes ago, The_Nephilim said:

Hi,

The Reverb is a WMR (Windows Mixed Reality) fancy name for a VR Headset that is intergrated with Windows 10.. with the Tracking you need to have a well lit room and with stuff in not just a empty room.. It bases its tracking off other close by visible objects..

I have no issues with my G2 and tracking. I had a O+ before and the tracking was similar and never had issues with the tracking..

For your Stutters have you tried Disabling Hyper Threading?

For the G2 a WMR headset you need to have WMR for Steam and Steam VR Running or the headset will not work..  you do not need to run the original Windows mixed portal.. but both WMR for Steam and Steam VR can be DL on Steam 🙂

I hope all goes well for you and your system should be more then capable to run the G2. What resolution do you run your Headset Super Sampling setting at in Steam VR?

I don't think the tracking is the issue for my VR. I can play iracing and MS Flight Simulator with no issues. When I switch over to DCS I lose the ability to move forward/backward left/fight. I can only move my head in a yes or no motions as if my head is fixed in place. I was able to get past the stutter issue. Don't ask cause I don't know how haha. I run Med to high on all the settings and I seem to be able to maintain 90FPS. I'm still trouble shooting the head stuck in place issue and will update if I come up with the solution.

image.pngimage.png

Edited by wraith76