Jump to content

Feature Complete HARM


Zergburger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Was hoping with completion of POS submodes we would get an updated HARM.

 

Still missing TI and GS settings, and Loss-of-track glide / Equations-of-motion glide features.

I assume we will probably never get Datalink submode, but thats also missing.

 

Any word ED?


Edited by Zergburger
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Florence201 said:

You know Viper is WIP right??

 

More 'Waiting In Perpetuity' than 'Work in Progress'....but we get the point 😁

  • Like 2

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/23/2021 at 7:27 PM, Florence201 said:

You know Viper is WIP right??

Just because its wip dosent mean it will be implemented at some point. This is why we post these things in wishlist,to make sure its coming.


Edited by IkarusC42B Pilot
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

Just because its wip dosent mean it will be implemented at some point. This is why we post these things in wishlist,to make sure its coming.

 

I do. But as I said, what are your references that these modes are 2007 blk50 Viper enabled?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Florence201 said:

I do. But as I said, what are your references that these modes are 2007 blk50 Viper enabled?

To begin with we are not "allowed" to link any documentation newer then 1980 as bignewy will tell you himself if you hop on the discord.2 ED already knows exacly about these feaures wich is what it matters.3 f16 is the most industrialized fighter in the world if you do a couple google searches you will find "some" for slightly older block 50s


Edited by IkarusC42B Pilot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Florence201 said:
On 3/26/2021 at 8:17 PM, Florence201 said:
1 hour ago, Florence201 said:

And ED will also tell you “not applicable to DCS Blk”

 

Didn’t ask you to post your references, just to quote your reference docs 

 What’s your reference doc?

 what are your references

? When did you ask to quote what it sais in the documentation? And if you asked that OP literaly just typed those modes from hes documnetation. Also how do you know its non apicable since you didint even know those modes existed and ED hasnt anwseared either?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 10:25 AM, Zergburger said:

Was hoping with completion of POS submodes we would get an updated HARM.

 

Still missing TI and GS settings, and Loss-of-track glide / Equations-of-motion glide features.

I assume we will probably never get Datalink submode, but thats also missing.

 

Any word ED?

 

Target Isolation (TI) and Geographical Specificity (GS) are not POS sub modes and will vary depending on the missile. TI should only apply to block III, IIIA, IV and V (missile block, not aircraft). Block IIIA and V will have additional options and different settings. Further more, TI is only available to some missile and not all (meaning some missile of the same block may not support the feature). GS is available only on IIIA and V.

This setting affect the behavior of the missile and if ED does not plan to implement those behaviors on the missiles, this options are irrelevant for us as players.


Edited by mvsgas
for clarity
  • Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

 

 

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, mvsgas said:

Target Isolation (TI) and Geographical Specificity (GS) are not POS sub modes and will vary depending on the missile. TI should only apply to block III, IIIA, IV and V (missile block, not aircraft). Block IIIA and V will have additional options and different settings. Further more, TI is only available to some missile and not all (meaning some missile of the same block may not support the feature). GS is available only on IIIA and V.

This setting affect the behavior of the missile and if ED does not plan to implement those behaviors on the missiles, this options are irrelevant for us as players.

 

Geographic Specificity-
HARM to attack only a designated threat within a geographic region
defined by a circle around the selected threat. It overrides the glide option
of target isolate Block IIIA only and for other is blanked 

Target Isolate - Commands HARM to attack only the des-
ignated threat type and influences the approach by controlling the “flex”
and “glide” missile characteristics. Uncage on the throttle also commands.

Theyre clearly important otherwise they woudnt be there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, mvsgas said:

Target Isolation (TI) and Geographical Specificity (GS) are not POS sub modes and will vary depending on the missile. TI should only apply to block III, IIIA, IV and V (missile block, not aircraft). Block IIIA and V will have additional options and different settings. Further more, TI is only available to some missile and not all (meaning some missile of the same block may not support the feature). GS is available only on IIIA and V.

This setting affect the behavior of the missile and if ED does not plan to implement those behaviors on the missiles, this options are irrelevant for us as players.

 

yeah i wasn't implying they were submodes of POS.
I was asking about these other settings/features since they play a much bigger role when using POS modes with long range and long time-of-flight on inertial guidance. Also, with the upcoming HTS pod these features will play an even bigger role.

 

All AGM-88Cs started on block IV software, with block V being fielded 1999 time frame. If this is a 2005 viper it stands a good chance we are using AGM-88C with blockk V software. so... stands to reason we could get these.


Edited by Zergburger
HARM info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2021 at 6:03 PM, TobiasA said:

We don't even have the Harm Targeting System pod yet. 

 

You don't need to. Apparently the AGM-88C serves as one in the hornet. Physical criteria like antenna aperture size vs. frequency and range into the wind. 

 

  • Like 1

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 5:11 AM, deadpool said:

 

You don't need to. Apparently the AGM-88C serves as one in the hornet. Physical criteria like antenna aperture size vs. frequency and range into the wind. 

 

all sarcasm aside, still waiting for word from ED

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I think we get the block IV HARM, which doesn't have the gps receiver or home on jam, which block V and VI (88D) have.
So no killing of sams who turn off their radar. missile will just go ballistic or lock something else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2021 at 10:11 PM, deadpool said:

 

You don't need to. Apparently the AGM-88C serves as one in the hornet. Physical criteria like antenna aperture size vs. frequency and range into the wind. 

 

Yeah with TOO mode and a TGP you basically have a poor mans HTS in the Hornet with its magic TOO mode. 

 

Hopefully they make it a little more in line with HAS mode in the Viper in the near future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...