More developer presence in Viggen forums please

Snappy

Dear  Heatblur team,

with all due respect for your continued F-14 efforts , please show at least a bit more presence in the Viggen's support forum. Contrary to things in the F-14 forums, the Viggen has , without exaggeration , nearly zero developer presence at all and this has been the state of things for a long time now.

Bug reports are rarely if ever acknowledged at all or replied to for months and have been piling up . We as the customers have zero idea what you are 

tracking and aware of and what is missed or gone unnoticed.

Especially if the Viggen is now , as per Cobra's latest  roadmap to release post  your primary effort to get out of EA, it would be very nice

if you could at least show a baseline presence and acknowledge what bugs you are aware of and have confirmed.

Kind regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a bunch for the feedback, much appreciated! 

We are in the progress of creating and publishing a public roadmap that will include all of our aircraft. This will help a lot with this issue - even though it will focus on major components and features for the most part. We will try to do better to acknowledge bugs and feedback; but we rarely miss adding anything to our internal trackers.

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

2 hours ago, Cobra847 said:

Thanks a bunch for the feedback, much appreciated! 

We are in the progress of creating and publishing a public roadmap that will include all of our aircraft. This will help a lot with this issue - even though it will focus on major components and features for the most part. We will try to do better to acknowledge bugs and feedback; but we rarely miss adding anything to our internal trackers.

Thanks! That'd indeed be a great idea.

6 hours ago, Cobra847 said:

We will try to do better to acknowledge bugs and feedback; but we rarely miss adding anything to our internal trackers.

Glad to hear this. It's impossible for us to know which bug reports have been accepted and added to your trackers without a reply in the thread. Are there bugs you are tracking without replying in the forums, or should we assume no reply means no tracking? 

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

6 hours ago, Machalot said:

Glad to hear this. It's impossible for us to know which bug reports have been accepted and added to your trackers without a reply in the thread. Are there bugs you are tracking without replying in the forums, or should we assume no reply means no tracking? 

This! There are so many bugs reported here and I have no idea which of them are on HBs radar and which are not and need to be brought to HBs attention. That is quite frustrating at times.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Cobra,

thanks a lot for replying to my post, I appreciate it. That roadmap would be most welcome and  I do hope to see a bit more presence

and acknowledgement of bug reports for the Viggen in the future.
To all others who replied : Thanks for chiming in here , glad to hear I'm not the only who was frustrated by the -unable to know what HB is tracking / aware of - bugwise.

@Machalot Very interested in the answer to your question too. If no reply means no tracking or what?

Kind regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

All bug reports are being tracked and at the minimum we read all your threads and comments - without exception. No reply just means no reply and is due to the Viggen team being a bit smaller and thus more shorthanded on time, is all. But they read every single report, test all relevant reports and track all legitimate bugs without exception. As Cobra mentioned above, we will try and put more effort into more feedback across all modules, but at some point replying on forums simply takes away from development time, hence newer modules get more attention, etc. As always, time is unfortunately a limiting factor. Thank you for your very kind understanding.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 6

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/