Wish: Updated Roughness Map

Hawkeye91

Some one recently made a mod for the Harrier to give the harrier a more matte and less glossy look. I’d love to see something similar to the Viggen as sometimes it can look too shiny and flat.

Here’s the Reddit post. 

Would it be possible to get something like this for the Viggen?

6 hours ago, Hawkeye91 said:

Some one recently made a mod for the Harrier to give the harrier a more matte and less glossy look. I’d love to see something similar to the Viggen as sometimes it can look too shiny and flat.

Here’s the Reddit post. 

Would it be possible to get something like this for the Viggen?

According to HB that is in work for an upcoming patch. At least that's what I think "complete PBR overhaul" means. 

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

19 minutes ago, Machalot said:

According to HB that is in work for an upcoming patch. At least that's what I think "complete PBR overhaul" means. 

Cool, happy to see its on the list. Sad to see it’s been years since the last update on it. Missed the part where Iron Mike said it would be out hopefully before April! Awesome.  I have faith in heatblur though. Love the team.

Edited by Hawkeye91

18 hours ago, Hawkeye91 said:

Cool, happy to see its on the list. Sad to see it’s been years since the last update on it. Missed the part where Iron Mike said it would be out hopefully before April! Awesome.  I have faith in heatblur though. Love the team.

Keep in mind that the Viggen was released before DCS had a PBR renderer. That's why this has not been a high priority; it's outside of scope and takes significant amounts of time. 🙂

• Like 2

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

18 hours ago, Cobra847 said:

Keep in mind that the Viggen was released before DCS had a PBR renderer. That's why this has not been a high priority; it's outside of scope and takes significant amounts of time. 🙂

Thanks Cobra, I didn’t even know that the Viggen didn’t have PBR! Excited to see how it turns out!

• 3 weeks later...

On 3/23/2021 at 9:29 PM, Cobra847 said:

So the cockpit (textures and materials) can get even more detailed when it works?