Oculus Framerates tanking after ~1 hour

Nealius

This happens to me consistently when flying on my Quest 2 with link. I will have AMAZING framerates in the 50s to 60s all the way through the mission until I'm turning base at Incirlik 60~80 minutes later, then my framerates suddenly tank to 20 and the display spazzes out every few seconds. 

Looking at my resource manager, CPU usage is 40%, GPU usage 99~100%, RAM usage 84%, and I have ethernet spikes every 10 seconds that roughly correlate to whenever the headset image spazzes out. 

My hardware doesn't seem to be unreasonably taxed to the point where such framerate loss is anticipated, so what's going on here?

• 2 months later...
On 3/21/2021 at 1:01 PM, Nealius said:

This happens to me consistently when flying on my Quest 2 with link. I will have AMAZING framerates in the 50s to 60s all the way through the mission until I'm turning base at Incirlik 60~80 minutes later, then my framerates suddenly tank to 20 and the display spazzes out every few seconds. 

Looking at my resource manager, CPU usage is 40%, GPU usage 99~100%, RAM usage 84%, and I have ethernet spikes every 10 seconds that roughly correlate to whenever the headset image spazzes out. 

My hardware doesn't seem to be unreasonably taxed to the point where such framerate loss is anticipated, so what's going on here?

Do you use Tray Tool? I find setting the ASW to anything then back to Auto cures this for me.

6 hours ago, WinOrLose said:

Do you use Tray Tool? I find setting the ASW to anything then back to Auto cures this for me.

I am yes. However I recently upgraded to a 12GB 3060 card and my performance issues went away.