When will it be released? I have been waiting for a long time

huchanronaa

5 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

It seems to be dealy again. If it is true, it means that dcs has not done a good job in internal R&D control. Not only is it a waste of personnel costs, it will also affect the R&D of other projects.

Actually it means the complete opposite and the the internal R and D controls have worked.  They have picked up an issue during pre launch testing and have prevented the product being released with the issue. 

IF they released with the issue, I can be sure the same people moaning about the delay now, would be the same ones complaining about why was the product allowed to be released with the issue.

I don’t know about you, but I know which route I would prefer they take.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

1 hour ago, Cowboy10uk said:

Actually it means the complete opposite and the the internal R and D controls have worked.  They have picked up an issue during pre launch testing and have prevented the product being released with the issue. 

IF they released with the issue, I can be sure the same people moaning about the delay now, would be the same ones complaining about why was the product allowed to be released with the issue

Is there no problem with R&D control? It is known that the mosquito was scheduled to be released at the end of last year or early this year, but it was delayed for some reason, and then suddenly it was discovered that there was a problem with the external modeling on the eve of the scheduled release of the DLC (early April). , So why the first delay has not been found the problem so far? This is a waste of corporate personnel costs

Edited by huchanronaa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cowboy10uk said:

IF they released with the issue, I can be sure the same people moaning about the delay now, would be the same ones complaining about why was the product allowed to be released with the issue.

I don’t know about you, but I know which route I would prefer they take.

No matter what ED do some ppl will be upset anyway.

• Like 7

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

10 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

It is known that the mosquito was scheduled to be released at the end of last year or early this year, but it was delayed for some reason, and then suddenly it was discovered that there was a problem with the external modeling on the eve of the scheduled release of the DLC (early April). , So why the first delay has not been found the problem so far?

It happens. All in all, the best approach is Old Blizzard's "it'll be released when it's done". Release dates only anger people and put unncessary pressure on already stressed crew. 

10 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

This is a waste of corporate personnel costs

Well, that we definitely should leave to their corporate managers :yes: We live in capitalism age and pay for products we'd like to purchase. How many dead bodies are left in the wake of making the product, we prefer not to know (aka while liking hamburgers, we don't want to see a slaughterhouse in action). 

They are not vulching... they are STRAFING!!! :smartass::thumbup:

On 4/4/2021 at 11:08 AM, grafspee said:

No matter what ED do some ppl will be upset anyway.

Especially when they haven't got a clue what goes on behind the scenes, just come here and speculate what the issues are. It's delayed because it's delayed.

Mizzy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Regardless what happens 'what goes on behind the scenes',and any speculation what the issues are',best we forget this for the time being.....looks as if this is this ain't gonna be released soon,it's delayed,and with DCS,we all know,that could be,and will probably be,a very long time,maybe 2022,2023 ?

• Like 1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, Basco1 said:

Regardless what happens 'what goes on behind the scenes',and any speculation what the issues are',best we forget this for the time being.....looks as if this is this ain't gonna be released soon,it's delayed,and with DCS,we all know,that could be,and will probably be,a very long time,maybe 2022,2023 ?

2022, 2023 - nope

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, huchanronaa said:

It feels bad!! It has been delayed until almost June, but it has not been released, just because the appearance of the skin has to be redone, and then it will affect the production of the next World War II module.

The model had to be redone, not the skin. There's a difference. 

And delays have been pretty normal for ED, kind off should have been expected. 

And I really hope they will put a lot of work in the existing content of wwii before they start throwing out another module. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, razo+r said:

The model had to be redone, not the skin. There's a difference. 

And delays have been pretty normal for ED, kind off should have been expected. 

And I really hope they will put a lot of work in the existing content of wwii before they start throwing out another module. 

I agree some longstanding issues need to be looked at but ED are hardly “throwing” WW2 modules out, we haven’t had a release for 12 months nearly...

Edited by Mogster

27 minutes ago, Mogster said:

I agree some longstanding issues need to be looked at but ED are hardly “throwing” WW2 modules out, we haven’t had a release for 12 months nearly...

Throwing out in the sense of releasing a barebone warbird with rather big issues at the beginning and still quite some issues long time after release.

12 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Throwing out in the sense of releasing a barebone warbird with rather big issues at the beginning and still quite some issues long time after release.

There’s no denying ED have spotted something on the model that they wanted to fix...

... but we don’t know if that equals throwing out a barebones warbird with big issues!!!  
IIRC either 9L or BN posted something along the lines of best / most complete / most engaging warbird release back when we first expected the Mossie.

I have spent the delay time getting to grips with the other warbirds better and polishing my taildragger take offs and landings 🙂

ETA - Oh, and I’ve still got this (wildly optimistic) hope that the 3D model rework is to implement a modular airframe “kit” that allows easy changeover to a B Mk IV, B Mk IX, FB Mk XVIII etc

Edited by rkk01

5 hours ago, rkk01 said:

ETA - Oh, and I’ve still got this (wildly optimistic) hope that the 3D model rework is to implement a modular airframe “kit” that allows easy changeover to a B Mk IV, B Mk IX, FB Mk XVIII etc

What a great rumour to start, and it may have a ring of truth to it. I really hope this could be at least one of the reasons for the delay, if not the main one.

Almost into the last part of Q2 next week and still no news, it must be a fairly big labour intensive job whatever they are doing...

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

On 5/30/2021 at 3:35 PM, rkk01 said:

That is an interesting possibility! Not entirely implausible, and a good idea if they really do design the 3D model components to be modular this way. :thumbup:

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

Can anybody else hear the distant buzz of a Mosquito?

Patch Status - DCS World 2.7 - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

Has someone left a window open and let one in the room?? 😉

Is it time to break out the fly swatter?

Or is it just time to wake up from a rather pleasant and optimistic dream and get back to reality!!

Edited by bart
  • Like 1

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

On 3/27/2021 at 12:04 AM, Rudel_chw said:

Prices are relative ... just purchased a set of Rudder pedals .. 400 euro including shipping (but not counting my countries tax, which is still to be determined) ... next to that, paying 70 dollars for the Mosquito seems like a much smaller and easier to justify purchase 🙄

On 3/28/2021 at 12:57 PM, bart said:

I'm not sure we will get a pre-order period for the Mosquito, more probably along the lines of what happened with the P-47 release, as in there will be a discount of either 20% or if we are lucky 30% off if you buy the module within a two or three week period from the EA release day. After that period it increases to whatever the full price would be.

I can also see it being a snap, as in quick, release similar to what the P-47 and Channel map had. If you look through past newsletters there wasn't any mention of a release date for both of these modules in the few weeks leading up to the EA day. I think the first I heard about it was the day before when Nineline posted something on face book or Redit and someone quoted him on these forums. Next day, a Wednesday, boom....there they were. The following Friday's newsletter ran the story.

Could be wrong though!...

Hey you crazy kids, I am looking forward so much to the Mossie, after endless runs of the 633 squadron mission in the old IL2 I am stoked to be able to do it with a hi fi module. Look forward to seeing you over France and am glad to see your still posting on here :)

• Like 2

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9 hours ago, Cibit said:

Hey you crazy kids, I am looking forward so much to the Mossie, after endless runs of the 633 squadron mission in the old IL2 I am stoked to be able to do it with a hi fi module. Look forward to seeing you over France and am glad to see your still posting on here 🙂

Cibit!!!

Long time no see buddy, how are you doing? Hope all is good with you and yours and you're keeping safe mate.

Yup, still here and drooling over the thought of a Mossie release soon. Not been this pumped since the Spitfire IX released ....how many years ago now?! lol. Once the mossie is released, if you need a Nav in your right hand seat, it would be a pleasure to fly (virtually!) with you mate. Err...France, that's to the south right? 🙃

Edited by bart
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2021 at 8:32 PM, bart said:

Cibit!!!

Long time no see buddy, how are you doing? Hope all is good with you and yours and you're keeping safe mate.

Yup, still here and drooling over the thought of a Mossie release soon. Not been this pumped since the Spitfire IX released ....how many years ago now?! lol. Once the mossie is released, if you need a Nav in your right hand seat, it would be a pleasure to fly (virtually!) with you mate. Err...France, that's to the south right? 🙃

I will PM you when it's released and hopefully we can learn to master it 

• Thanks 1

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Took my P47 for a spin on the SoW server. I was crossing the channel and coming up to to the Normandy area at 30 kft looking to rendezvous with the bombers stream and admiring the new clouds system - but what I really wanted was to be down low, the wind in my hair and my trusty navigator/beer-tender at my side (and slightly back so this cockney does not get any ideas that he’s my equal), jolly hedge-hopping with my Mosquito on a day- ranger mission, or a low alt surprise attack on one of the mission objectives.

Oh well, at least I can enjoy my Jug while waiting. Between the cowl flaps, intercooler, airflow doors, throttle, RPM and boost fiddling I managed to kill my engine. Then proceeded to glide half the width of the channel towards a belly landing on the beach, but fell short by 30 meters… turns out 7 tons of freedom do not float. At all.

One day passed, one day closer to the Mosquito release.

Edited by Bozon
  • Like 2

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

4 hours ago, rkk01 said:

Finally, a new vid which actually shows the Mossie…

albeit only as a target 😢

although 👍 it does seem to be back flying in game 

I saw that too, first glimpse of the old girl since the newsletter entitled "The Mossie Is Coming!" that came out on the 19th March.

But to be honest I didn't see anything radically different to the external model in that video to what we have seen so far, although it was a bit difficult to be 100% sure in the fleeting glimpse we got as it was shot down :(

It may be that it was the old external model, but if it indeed was the new one then.....progress perhaps??

4 hours ago, rkk01 said:

Finally, a new vid which actually shows the Mossie…

albeit only as a target 😢

although 👍 it does seem to be back flying in game 

Eh? If you're referencing the ED Free to Play Program video, I saw no Mossie. I did see a Ju-88 getting hammered... think you mis-ID'd....

1 hour ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Eh? If you're referencing the ED Free to Play Program video, I saw no Mossie. I did see a Ju-88 getting hammered... think you mis-ID'd....

Well, it fooled us both! lol, this is the image that I was referring to.

Screenshot (13).png

Sadly, that’s right…

there are two clear Ju88 shots at 0:49 and 3:10, but I took the one at 3:26 to be a Mosquito

Perils of using the phone for all things internet… clearly a Ju88 on the big monitor 😕