When will it be released? I have been waiting for a long time

huchanronaa

1 hour ago, Baaz said:

Not sure if you all are aware, but in the latest podcast posted about 6 hours ago Nineline stated the Mosquito's external model has been scrapped and sent back to the drawing boards.

Check about min 14:50 https://discord.com/channels/387790657881899009/448264467470352405/826257307129479190

It means quality control is working. Kudos to DCS for having the will to do this at the cost of delays. I am willing to wait a little longer for a quality product.

👍

• Like 4

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

2 hours ago, Bozon said:

It means quality control is working. Kudos to DCS for having the will to do this at the cost of delays. I am willing to wait a little longer for a quality product.

👍

Yes. In the past the community has demonstrated a low tolerance for below par and half finished stuff. That’s fair enough when ED are charging premium prices, they need to deliver a premium product.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VH-Rock said:

Full respect to ED for taking the decision to re-do the model. A delay is disappointing but, if it delivers a better product, I'm all for it!

+1

Totally agree. Some quick official update here on the Mosquito forum would have been nice though..

Edited by bart
  • Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

7 hours ago, bart said:

+1

Totally agree. Some quick official update here on the Mosquito forum would have been nice though..

Yea I mean why have a forum when random quotes from Discord, YT video comments,  Redit and FB groups appears to be the modus operandi.  😛

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nealius said:

Scrapping the 3d model? As in the whole model? That's a first....I wonder what was wrong with it? And if they have to re-do the entire model, won't that delay it for months, if not a year?

Maybe there were faults reported from the beta testing.

Concerning the "redo"

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

On 3/22/2021 at 2:54 PM, huchanronaa said:

It is unrealistic that the price of WWII warbirds is too high, because the rival il-2 bos series provides more diversified warbirds

Hi there, I take it you have not been using DCS for long. The two main differences between *** etc and DCS is the former is a survey combat game able to bang out more aircraft to play with and the latter is a study professional grade simulator and also (unfortunately) professional price tags for their modules except FC3. But even the aircraft in FC3 have professional flight models unlike ***.

So in short, you cannot compare the two products and their pricing policy because they are vastly different and in no way can they be seen as 'rivals'.

Mizzy

Edited by Mizzy
  • Like 6

• ED Team
On 3/21/2021 at 11:34 AM, huchanronaa said:

I hope the price of the early trial version will not be too high

Pre-order is 30% discount

On 3/22/2021 at 2:54 PM, huchanronaa said:

It is unrealistic that the price of WWII warbirds is too high, because the rival il-2 bos series provides more diversified warbirds

sorry you feel that way, we feel the work that goes into our modules the price is good value. 

Pre-order will be 30% 

early access will be 20%

once released it will feature in sales after about a year or two. 

A polite reminder that we also have rules on the forum about discussing other sims. 

thank you

26 minutes ago, Reflected said:

Technically Q2 starts tomorrow, so what we know for sure is that it's not coming today 😄

I like your optimism 🙂

Q2 is until the end of June, when we know for sure we will give a better date and feature it in a news letter. thank you

• Like 7

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
1 minute ago, Mizzy said:

My post has been edited to reflect forum rules.

Mizzy

No problem Mizzy, it was a general reminder for all, and thank you

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
On 3/30/2021 at 9:24 AM, VH-Rock said:

Full respect to ED for taking the decision to re-do the model. A delay is disappointing but, if it delivers a better product, I'm all for it!

Thanks VH-Rock, appreciate the support

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mizzy said:

Hi there, I take it you have not been using DCS for long. The two main differences between *** etc and DCS is the former is a survey combat game able to bang out more aircraft to play with and the latter is a study professional grade simulator and also (unfortunately) professional price tags for their modules except FC3. But even the aircraft in FC3 have professional flight models unlike ***.

So in short, you cannot compare the two products and their pricing policy because they are vastly different and in no way can they be seen as 'rivals'.

Mizzy

Seems we went badly off topic, but I'd like to give my opinion as well anyway.

You are correct of course when we consider flight modelling and systems modelling of the aircraft... However, when one's looking at pretty much all the rest (especially at combat part of the air, ground and naval warfare simulation), the situation is exactly reversed, for the time being at least, and it's ED, that has A LOT of catching up and holes filling to do.

That also means that whether BN and the rest of the team wants / admits it or not, the other sim DOES compete with DCS in this particular field and pulls some of the customer's money away from DCS. No amount of cast spelling and turning the blind eye on it will stop it, especially in these crazy times we live in recently, when more and more gaming enthusiasts have to think twice before shelling out the cash on their next purchase.

And that's coming form a guy who spends much more time flying DCS warbirds than the other sim warbirds. Just flying around, though (still extremely rewarding and fun for me), because it's unfortunately the only thing the DCS does much better in its current shape. One can only hope it will catch up in other aspects as well, sooner rather than later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Pre-order is 30% discount

sorry you feel that way, we feel the work that goes into our modules the price is good value. 

Pre-order will be 30% 

early access will be 20%

once released it will feature in sales after about a year or two. 

A polite reminder that we also have rules on the forum about discussing other sims. 

thank you

I like your optimism 🙂

Q2 is until the end of June, when we know for sure we will give a better date and feature it in a news letter. thank you

Any time frame for the pre-sale?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

• ED Team
43 minutes ago, Art-J said:

You are correct of course when we consider flight modelling and systems modelling of the aircraft... However, when one's looking at pretty much all the rest (especially at combat part of the air, ground and naval warfare simulation), the situation is exactly reversed, for the time being at least, and it's ED, that has A LOT of catching up and holes filling to do.

That also means that whether BN and the rest of the team wants / admits it or not, the other sim DOES compete with DCS in this particular field and pulls some of the customer's money away from DCS. No amount of cast spelling and turning the blind eye on it will stop it, especially in these crazy times we live in recently, when more and more gaming enthusiasts have to think twice before shelling out the cash on their next purchase.

And that's coming form a guy who spends much more time flying DCS warbirds than the other sim warbirds. Just flying around, though (still extremely rewarding and fun for me), because it's unfortunately the only thing the DCS does much better in its current shape. One can only hope it will catch up in other aspects as well, sooner rather than later.

Just so you are clear, no one is turning a blind eye, and no spells are being cast. We are well aware of what the others are doing. 

The rule on the forum is to stop the constant back and forth with users arguing about them, that is not welcome here and it is why we have the rule.

thanks

2 minutes ago, Hartsblade said:

Any time frame for the pre-sale?

Pre-order will last until early access starts, planned for sometime in late Q2 2021

thanks

• Like 1

Got it, let's leave it at that.

Back to the Mossie external model - we saw it first like what, 4 years ago? When it was planned as AI-only back then? Maybe the gfx guys have decided it was just not good enough compared to their latest A-8 and P-47 masterpieces? 

The good thing is, I presume the cockpit model remains as it is, and that's what always takes the most time and effort to finish. Not that it needs more polishing anyway, judging from the latest eye-popping screenshots! End of Q2 for revised external sounds realistic then.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

5 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Just so you are clear, no one is turning a blind eye, and no spells are being cast. We are well aware of what the others are doing. 

The rule on the forum is to stop the constant back and forth with users arguing about them, that is not welcome here and it is why we have the rule.

thanks

Pre-order will last until early access starts, planned for sometime in late Q2 2021

thanks

Thanks for the quick reply!

For the record, the other sim has the same rule for the same reasons. Not a bad policy at all if you ask me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Art-J said:

Which do you prefer..apples or oranges?

Mizzy

On 3/21/2021 at 2:34 PM, huchanronaa said:

I hope the price of the early trial version will not be too high

It's not a trial, it's Early Access. These are two very different concepts, the first being a marketing move while the other is a development strategy (which I definitely don't stand by). 

As for when it will be released, that's another question entirely. It can probably take several months to move out of EA, but it can literally take years (like, in plural). Buying stuff in EA doesn not present you with a guarantee you'll ever see the stuff released, either. So tread lightly. As for myself, I strongly discourage EA purchases and try not to make these myself. Hell, I still don't know if my Hornet will get its autopilot routine implemented completely -- and I got it around a year ago. 

5 hours ago, Mizzy said:

But even the aircraft in FC3 have professional flight models unlike ***.

This is just plain wrong. You do understand the flight modelling for player-controlled aircraft in both games is done by the same principle and designed by the same person, right? 

On 3/27/2021 at 2:25 AM, Ercoupe said:

a game

a simulation

get pretty bored in minutes

Pitting one game against the other is futile in the context of something that dwarfs both combined (you do know there's only one actual milsim which both games attempt to copy, but didn't meet a reasonable success yet, right?)

Of course, DCS has EA of semi-complete Fighting Falcon and has great plans for dynamic campaign, but even such an aspect as radio and command protocols alone here have a big room huge stadium for improvement. 

• Like 1

They are not vulching... they are STRAFING!!! :smartass::thumbup:

58 minutes ago, Черный Дракул said:

As for myself, I strongly discourage EA purchases and try not to make these myself. Hell, I still don't know if my Hornet will get its autopilot routine implemented completely -- and I got it around a year ago.

So you DO buy EA products. The F-18 will enter the release with 2.7 (a short time after 2.7)
btw.:

• Like 1