CDU ATRIBUTIES DIRECT Steering not working

GumidekCZ

Followed A-10C real Manual and DIRECT Steering mod not working at all. Same BUG found on A-10C II.

Manual says:

HSI course deviation indicator indicates deviation from course computed by CDU from the aircraft position at the moment DIRECT was selected to the selected steerpoint; or, when DIRECT is the selected steer mode, the course from the aircraft position when a new steerpoint is selected to the new steerpoint. When 3D mode is selected, ADI glideslope indicator indicates vertical deviation from a line connecting the aircraft position at the moment DIRECT was selected, or a new steerpoint is selected, to the selected steerpoint (computed vertical angle) or manually entered vertical angle.

In the DIRECT and 2D mode (Figure 1-55, sheet 2), horizontal guidance is provided to a line passing through the aircraft location at which DIRECT was selected to the current steerpoint; or if DIRECT was selected and a new steerpoint is selected, to the line passing through the point at which the new steerpoint was selected to the new steerpoint.

In the DIRECT, 3D, and COMPUTED mode (Figure 1-56, sheet 2), vertical guidance is provided to a line at the vertical angle determined by the line passing through the aircraft location at which DIRECT was selected to the current steerpoint; or if DIRECT was selected and a new steerpoint is selected, by the line passing through the aircraft location at which the new steerpoint was selected to the new steerpoint. In the DIRECT, 3D, and ENTERED mode, vertical guidance is provided to a line passing through the current steerpoint at the manually entered angle.

• ED Team

Hi

I have removed the images due to our rule about real world manuals. 

Can you add a short track replay showing the issue, I will see what I can find out

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

There it is,

when pressing DIRECT or selecting new WP, nothing happens. No SLOPE indication on DIRECT 3D CALCULATED, No computed course from point in space where DIRECT button pressed or new WP was selected.

Simply DIRECT mod seems to me is not modelled in DCS A-10C or CII.

A-10C_DIRECT_BUG.trk

Edited: Now I found, that vertical 3D guidance not working for me in either STEER MOD - TO FROM, TO-TO, DIRECT, SCS. Tried only COMPUTED angle, not the "defined manualy" - can be same negative result.

Edited by GumidekCZ

• 2 weeks later...