Unhide All

dresoccer4

Quick q: how can I quickly unhide all units in the mission editor? Sometimes there are thousands of units and unhiding one b one is impossible. I'm looking something like  slect all unhide.

Thanks

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

There is a Hide Toggle switch.  Click the All Units button on the left side of the ME and it will show all the units in the mission at the bottom of the screen.  Right above the list is a checkbox for Hidden units.  Simply make sure it's unchecked, and it will unhide all units.  Check it again and it will hide them. 

Edited by SpikeGondorff
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/19/2021 at 11:06 PM, SpikeGondorff said:

There is a Hide Toggle switch.  Click the All Units button on the left side of the ME and it will show all the units in the mission at the bottom of the screen.  Right above the list is a checkbox for Hidden units.  Simply make sure it's unchecked, and it will unhide all units.  Check it again and it will hide them. 

hmm, i'm not quite following this. i see an "show hidden units" checkbox but that just shows them in the mission editor and doesn't actually unhide them. i there something else you're talking about?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

No, he doesn't want to show them in the ME, he wants the "hide on map" checkbox unchecked.

I'm afraid there is no possibility to unhide all at once.

But if you open the unit list, you can sort the units "Status".

There you see "HIDDEN". Doubleclick on the word and you can toggle the "HIDDEN" status of the unit.

That way you can "quickly" toggle the status of all units.

Fox

Screen_210903_194726.jpg

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

20 minutes ago, iFoxRomeo said:

No, he doesn't want to show them in the ME, he wants the "hide on map" checkbox unchecked.

I'm afraid there is no possibility to unhide all at once.

But if you open the unit list, you can sort the units "Status".

There you see "HIDDEN". Doubleclick on the word and you can toggle the "HIDDEN" status of the unit.

That way you can "quickly" toggle the status of all units.

Fox

Screen_210903_194726.jpg

hi thanks for your response. yeah this is the way I'm doing it now, the problem is if the mission has hundreds of units then it can take a long time. was looking for a simple ctrl+a select all way to modify multiple units at once