apkws rockets flight path very low

jib

The apkws from the Harrier often hit trees on the way to the target because instead of lofting like the mavericks do, it drops in altitude a lot while tracking the target then comes onto the approach to the target nearly horizontally. I was wondering if this was correct behaviour? I will try to get a track if it doesn't sound right.

Edited by jib

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

I could NOT replicate the rocket flight path bug at all for the track, so either it was fixed recently or I was doing something wrong!
 I am pretty sure I did capture a bug where the rockets sometimes do not track the laser until you turn it off and then on again, very annoying!

See track (attached), I could open another thread title is this one cannot be changed?

avb8 apkws not traking laser.trk

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

The APKWS rockets do not have a information to target range, why they can not loft. They are dummy rockets with a guidance module that operate in manner where it points itself on target. It doesn't glide or guide itself any other means. Guidance module just turns so laser spot is at the center of the seekers FOV.

At longer ranges the rockets energy is depleted and it will lose an altitude, the guidance section just try to keep rocket pointing at the laser spot so eventually loss of energy means low speed, and it means no more lift toward target and rocket drops on ground.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.