how to use with VR: SSLR, SSAA, MSAA, Pixel Density?

fitness88

6 hours ago, fitness88 said:

With the increase in resolution I would expect a performance hit...not that we have the same systems but from what you have how are you handling settings and FPS?

None that I could perceive.

My rig handles DCS fairly well, I actually run pretty high graphics settings but I run with Motion Smoothing on forced at 45 fps.

I do not run any anti aliasing though since I run DCS at 100% Steam VR resolution for my Reverb G2.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

11 hours ago, dburne said:

I just did a GPU test flying all things equal, 500kts, over open water, no land in sight, 5000':

1. ASW1 & ASW4: 90FPS, both bring the GPU temperature to 78 degrees C.
  2. ASW2: 45FPS, 62 degrees C. [however, when over terrain the blur of ground objects is extreme].
  3. ASW3: 45FPS, 68 degrees C. [no blur and over terrain and difficult to tell the difference between 90FPS and 45FPS].

Conclusion, it would seem going with ASW3 for me is the way to go.

Edited by fitness88

40 minutes ago, fitness88 said:

@fitness88

That is not my quote... I never typed those words, someone else must have, please correct if you can.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

3 hours ago, dburne said:

@fitness88

That is not my quote... I never typed those words, someone else must have, please correct if you can.

Sorry dburne not sure what you are referring to by:

Edited by fitness88