What do you keep in your kneeboard?

Martin1454

I have:

- a page with airfield frequencies, tacans, coordinates etc

- a page with info on the various SAMs in game

- a page of RWR codes

-a page with the various weapon settings for the Viggen

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

2 hours ago, Mr_sukebe said:

I have:

- a page with airfield frequencies, tacans, coordinates etc

- a page with info on the various SAMs in game

- a page of RWR codes

-a page with the various weapon settings for the Viggen

Just FYI - you are aware we can have different kneeboard setups for each aircraft right?

In any case, in my Viper kneeboard I also have the standard info such as freqs etc for each map, HARM codes with full DB list of all emitters if you want to swap one out of the tables, full Viper checklist from pre-flight to shutdown, also a Morse code cheat sheet for identifiers (more than one occasion in DLC Campaigns have been given duff freqs/I.D's/codes for navaids) and a couple of pop-up attack ref sheets for a few different profiles from a great online calculator someone posted a while ago.

Also have a separate kneeboard in my Thunderbirds mission with each manoeuvre on a page with specifics, then whole combined display on a couple of pages.

• Thanks 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, VampireNZ said:

Just FYI - you are aware we can have different kneeboard setups for each aircraft right?

In any case, in my Viper kneeboard I also have the standard info such as freqs etc for each map, HARM codes with full DB list of all emitters if you want to swap one out of the tables, full Viper checklist from pre-flight to shutdown, also a Morse code cheat sheet for identifiers (more than one occasion in DLC Campaigns have been given duff freqs/I.D's/codes for navaids) and a couple of pop-up attack ref sheets for a few different profiles from a great online calculator someone posted a while ago.

Also have a separate kneeboard in my Thunderbirds mission with each manoeuvre on a page with specifics, then whole combined display on a couple of pages.

Would you mind sharing your kneeboard?

29 minutes ago, mx22 said:

Would you mind sharing your kneeboard?

Which part in particular? Most of it is just a collection of info from the Viper User Downloads section created by other users, apart from the pop-up ref sheets, Morse ref and Thunderbirds collection.

I also made a quik-ref rotate speed vs weight chart that I see others have 'appropriated' for themselves, added to their 'Viper kneeboard' and released in the user section as their own with no credit given lol.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TMS / DMS Sequences for various things.

DED settings reminders for Tacan / Fuel Bingo / ECM.

Commo channels.

Anything else you need quick reminders of.

Edited by Gunrun_KS
spelling

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

You should check out these kneeboard pages with airport information, frequencies, etc. It's really good and covers all theatres. It has both day and night compatible pages with different colours/brightness.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312200/

There is another F-16 simulator mod that is free and contains tonnes of good checklists, performance charts, etc. That's what I have in my DCS kneeboard. There are some slight variations in DCS, but 99% of it is accurate.

Edited by WHOGX5

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

4 minutes ago, WHOGX5 said:

It has both day and night compatible pages with different colours/brightness

Is there a day/night detection that swaps the pages for you based on time of day, or is that manual? 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

I am in VR, so my kneeboard is a little different thanks to the interactive VRK kneeboard. I have the following on most flights:

Mission Data Card if applicable

Any mission important doc, eg target recon images

Aircraft Checklist / Emergency Checklist

Weapons Checklist

Inflight Guides

SIDS /STARS (FLIPs)

Cheat sheets for Vaicom

CAS (check-in brief, 9-line cards

Calculator

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

8 hours ago, Machalot said:

Is there a day/night detection that swaps the pages for you based on time of day, or is that manual? 

No, you'll have to either replace them manually or have both in your kneeboard at once and have the night kneeboard pages in one direction and the day ones in another. I always have to load my custom mission data cards for each mission so I just change them manually.

5 hours ago, =Panther= said:

I am in VR, so my kneeboard is a little different thanks to the interactive VRK kneeboard. I have the following on most flights:

Mission Data Card if applicable

Any mission important doc, eg target recon images

Aircraft Checklist / Emergency Checklist

Weapons Checklist

Inflight Guides

SIDS /STARS (FLIPs)

Cheat sheets for Vaicom

CAS (check-in brief, 9-line cards

Calculator

I would give my left family jewel for the ability to use VRK kneeboard in 2D DCS. That is the single best mod for all of DCS, and only VR users can use it. 😭 I wish DCS would add that sort of functionality into the game natively. It'd also be nice to have the kneeboard pages actually rendered in the cockpit in DCS so you can adjust how bright they are with the flood lights, rather than having to make different pages for day and night missions.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

On 3/18/2021 at 10:22 AM, Martin1454 said:

Currently setting up my kneeboard for the F-16 - What do you usually add besides the stock one?

I use the kneeboard the most when I’m learning a new aircraft, used to put the aircraft manual in there, but nowadays I put my own version of the aircraft procedures, like this:

YDSIAtx.jpg

I also sometimes place expanded mission briefings on Mission’s kneeboards, like this:

du74ToL.jpg

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB