Problem with CASE II

dorianR666

I just cant get it to work. I follow the procedure in manual, but I dont get "See you at 10" option when doing CASE II. It just isnt in the menu...

Im at correct altitude, im at correct speed, im at correct distance. Still no option to call "See me at 10". Any ideas whats going wrong here?

Ive tried it 4 times in a row, it never appears.

vbnvbnvnvnvnb.png

cvbccbcbcbb.PNG

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

I would think on case II or III you would not get this option for two reasons: first your already talking to app and they have identified you on radar and know your position and second, due to weather you might not necessary be able to see the ship.

Thanks for replies.

Its the official single mission created by ED, CASE II in Persian Gulf map. So i would assume weather is set up accordingly.

I tried continuing the procedure without "See you at 10" but afterwards I got no radio communication at all. No ball call option.

Edited by dorianR666
  • Like 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

2 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

There is no Case II in DCS right now.  You'll notice that when it's below Case 1 mins, the comms menu is labeled "Case II / Case III".  The only options right now are Case I, or that. 

Yep... I played with the setups trying to create case II conditions and the only way I could do this was by setting the cloud base at around 900 ft. with unlimited visibility. If I bumped the clouds a notch (around 1300') the controller gave me case I clearance. The max vis. I was able to set with the 'fog' slider was slightly above 3nm. That made it case III.

So, I set up the clouds at 900' ovc. with tops at 4000'.  The Marshal gave me case III hold (the comm. box was labeled 'case II / case III'). 

My hold was on radial opposite to BRC and the approach just gave me BRC, so... I figured once I break out and level out at 800' I'll be given 'usual' case I  Charlie when within 3nm of the boat. No Charlie was given. The LSO's responded after the ball call but I got 'No proper comms' after the trap.

• Like 1