How do you fix mouse pointing in trackir

Figured out speed and smoothness and precision I think

Creating profile and can’t figure out how to make Mouse pointing work in DCS

Need help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

i do not believe that TRACKIR changes normally has a effect on the mouse tracking. is it possible that you controls setup changed? mouse is a controller just like stick, throttle, pedals, etc.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Poor word choice is there a way for trackir to keep the views stagnant besides not moving your head

sounds like increasing the deadzone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

1 hour ago, ruddy122 said:

Poor word choice is there a way for trackir to keep the views stagnant besides not moving your head

sounds like increasing the deadzone

Use the TIR pause function?  That's what I use if I'm entering a bunch of coordinates in the UFC or something.

Edited by rob10
  • Like 1

Honestly I just host my head somewhat still. It doesn't even need to be perfectly still to be able to use mouse even for fiddly stuff.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

If you can't hold your head still enough, you probably need to fiddle with settings for speed and smoothing in trackir. Probably your Setting for speed is way too high. I recommend 0.3 or less for speed and just enough smoothing to feel comfortable.

And you can set a hot-button (like for centering the view) to pause tracking (as already mentioned by others...)

edit: you can basically trade smoothing for speed to reach similar effects, but if your going with smoothing you get a additional input lag.

personally I find lag more disturbing than anything, therefore I recommend as little smothing as possible and going with less speed instead....

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

SD-Profile1.zip - perhaps taking a look at my settings will help within this zip. these are saved in location %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Profiles 

i initially had slight issues when performing a zoom but with practice i am fine now.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

I figured out track Ir is like joysticks

You have to fiddle with it til it is up to your liking and read and reread the manual

For me it’s a mix of deadzone and being able to see what I want to see

Trackir is amazing it’s the poor mans way of grabbing a helmet and mask and go flying

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

Differences in taste...

I like my trackir without deadzones. Just a little slowing in the middle positions...

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Deadzones work only if your looking straight forward (or after a reset view to where you look at that moment), the moment you go out of the deadzone by looking either left, right, up or down, deadzones are gone and don't play any role to keep your head still. Only way to make it work is by using the Pause function.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Creating my own profile

Got a little bit of the Michael J Fox head bob making my trackir go nuts

Adjusting dead zones to fight the twitches

Stupid Immune System going nuts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs