Flying through the basket ?

lorddenny

Hi 

I did setup a mission so i can train AAR.

C130 / nevada map / F18

I have set my sensitivities at -25 and works great. can approach the basket super slow ... not oscillating.

Looks like a PERFECT slow lineup for connection. However the basket is not connecting to the fuel probe and it flies right through my cockpit.

Any ideas or setting that i am missing ? 

Modules F/A-18C - AH-64D - Supercarrier

Maps Syria - Persian Gulf - Nevada

yeah it wont work unless you have tuned the correct frequency on the radio and followed the procedure

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Thanks all .... Actually i did communication wrong and did NOT receive permission to fuel. Guy on discord gave me the tip.

Now i do get permission to fuel and it "snaps"on. Lol its rather easy i must say ( wake effecr of though ) ... and i was completely frustrated by attemping for 2 weeks lol,

thanks again

Big thing is don’t go low or you become a unicorn and you get ridiculed by your friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

1 hour ago, lorddenny said:

Lol its rather easy i must say ( wake effecr of though )

I'm not so lucky.  After 2 weeks or so of trying, I'm only now starting to get the hang of it.  I do seem to be making progress - quicker plug-ins and staying on the hose longer.  I still have a way to go to consider myself "good" at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smashy said:

I'm not so lucky.  After 2 weeks or so of trying, I'm only now starting to get the hang of it.  I do seem to be making progress - quicker plug-ins and staying on the hose longer.  I still have a way to go to consider myself "good" at it.

Yeah I must say that Staying in the basket is still hard .... but practice.. practice ... practice 🙂 

My advice, once you have managed to hook up with the basket, fixate on the sight picture of the pod on the wing of the tanker. Keep it the same size and at the same position on the top of your HUD. If it starts to drift, do minute adjustments to bring it back to the fixed position. If it's starting to get too big in relation to the top of the HUD glass, let a tiny bit of throttle off, then bring it up again.

Doing it this way will even serve you well if the tanker starts to bank into a turn. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

I've found that staring intently at the velocity vector does the trick 😛 both pre-contact and during connection. And let the periferal vision "anchor" you to the tanker.

It worth keeping in mind that when you increase engine power (to increase speed), even just the slightest, the aircraft will start to pitch up, and vice-versa with decreasing engine power.

Also, if you pitch up you'll start to lose speed, and vice-versa with pitch down.

A/A-Refueling is a dance ... a dance with gatling guns, and rockets, and diesel 😛

First become an aviator, then become a terminator

On 3/15/2021 at 5:59 PM, lorddenny said:

Yeah I must say that Staying in the basket is still hard .... but practice.. practice ... practice 🙂 

When staying in the basket becomes easy for you try AAR in A-10 or F-16 :).

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3