DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

wish list too many to mention, but within DCS black shark time frame how about something from the brit side, sepecat jaguar GR1 or 3 now out of service but a great maritime strike/tactical support aircraft, mach 0.9 capability, IFR probe, advanced navigation targeting system, moving map display, just over 800 mile combat radius, variuos free fall bombs, cluster munitions, air to surface missiles, no radar although i think in later versions they had a pod for sead missions

anyway just an idea as it would rival a mig 27 perhaps

just an idea

sound realism level

Perfect sound detail means we can integrate information more than just seeing hud and cockpit

If we use all our sensory then we can be more close to real cockpit.

Sounds need not to be caged only in cockpit

All natural sound and human living sound is welcome to me.....hahaha

I notice in the current multiplayer interface, there is no way to view the mission map to see what your waypoints are and such like there was in LOMAC. It would be good to have the option to see this like in LOMAC, but to also have your specific flights path highlights, unlike LOMAC.

Also there is no option to save the mission from MP like you could in LOMAC, and this would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

The cockpit is the part that requires more performance, the part that most FPS reduced. The simulator has an option to remove the cockpit, greatly increasing the FPS, but then reduce the realism, because we see all around, and we limit our situational awareness, having no clear references of where we look.

To improve the FPS, without reducing the realism, it should include an option to replace the cabin 3D high realism, for a cab 3D flat, without clickable buttons (we have mapped our Hotas and keyboard), or bumps, something very Simple. With Shkval and ABRIS fuctional of course.

Edited by Legolasindar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

My Wishlist for Aircraft: (in that row)

1. F-14 ( why it is on number1? think about it A2A,A2G, coop as pilot and "gunner" and carrier operations)

2. AH-64

3. F-15

4. F-16

5. AH-1W or Z

and some russian counterparts, we need something to shoot right :music_whistling:

And sure a afghan scenario would be nice :)

Edited by Maverick-GER-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

(and hopefully get reborn in DCS!)

(Dream came true about 10 years later, now the Apache please :lol:)

Disregarding the next airframes themselves, I think the next important steps would be to cranck the weather engine way up, and to vastly improve the interaction with other units, like ATC...

This however, I am confident is already in the making or at least in planning.

So then, my biggest wish, would be for the in-cockpit coursor to be relative to a cockpit grid, instead of beeing tied to a monitor grid.... (See first part of this discussion: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=31172&highlight=Clickable+cockpit).

I am of the conseption that this simple feature would vastly improve the realism in regards to cockpit interaction...

I must admit that I don't recall if this was allready mentioned in this thread , but I think it is important enough to be mentioned twice anyway...:music_whistling:

:pilotfly:

Help Beczl with his DCS MiG-21Bis project

by Pre-Ordering DCS MiG-21Bis module NOW!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PRE-ORDER PAGE AT INDIEGOGO

F-16 (A MLU... I'm danish what can I say)

Hehe I'm German but believe me i wouldn't wanna see a Eurofighter.

Hmm a Tornado maybe........:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

(and hopefully get reborn in DCS!)

(Dream came true about 10 years later, now the Apache please :lol:)

List - long.

Patience - short.

So this may or may not have been posted as a suggestion......

A wind sock !

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

What about....err... or... ummm..... or... maybe microsoft (rotflmao) or......

Yeah looks like mr Amraam is right.

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

Damage Report

I think it would be a very handy feature to have some kind of sytem failure report post mission. A few [cough] times I have crashed from what I thought was a sytem failure after taking AAA hits but I wasn't sure (i.e. my flying may have just been inept ;)). Since the modelling of the KA-50's systems is so thorough it would be really interesting to find out in the mission debriefing (or in a text file output) that I had lost system X and this had cascaded to system Y moments before I crashed. Would something like this be difficult to implement? Could it also be applied to flight dynamics?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

I dont know if this was mentioned already, I would love to see armor, apc´s etc. popping smoke once the first vehicle in the group gets hit, or even use some of the anti ATGM systems available today, ARENA, Shtora-1, TROPHY to name a few...

Edited by patricio_z

In your next version of your graphics engine please work with Nvidia and AMD(ATI) to take full advantage of multi GPU / Multiprocessor systems. Maybee throw in some PhysX for good measure. Nvidia offers great support for developers....you just have to put their logo on your game.....Not sure how AMD is. I know it was said for a future version but PLEASE make it a priority for the next release.

$3k multiprocessor/multigpu system only running at half its capability FTL :/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

The sooner jets are put in the better(although the KA-50 is a sight for sore eyes in the combat sim. comm.). I would personally like to see the F-16 and MiG 29 asap. as far as support and special mission aircraft go the AC-130 would be awesome and a P-3 would be cool as well.

Well, I'm in a wishing mood, so.....

ME enhancement:

It would be nice to be able to set the loadout for certain ground vehicles (troop transports, ammo tanks, ect.) in the ME. Being able to load the back of a troop transport with actual troops would be good becaaaauuuuuse...

AI Enhancement:

In a city a convoy attacked by aircraft will generally dismount troops (hence, my above comment) to get them out of vulnerable soft-shell vehicles and into a defensive peremeter while anti-air vehicles will move to more open areas to get a better shot at the enemy. Tanks will generally form into a herring bone formation, or in more open areas will form a defensive box.

In more open rural areas where lack of cover is a concern, convoys will generally speed up and drive erratically instead of stopping in order to make themselves a harder target. Most convoys always have at least two backup routes planned ahead of time (as well as air cover/medivac transport/artillery support, ect. ect.) in case anything goes wrong ie: a bridge being blown, 50% casualties... If those fail, they turn around and run for home or someplace with decent cover.

It would be nice to see the ai using this logical progression of planning ahead and then executing depending on the level of threat. I cannot emphasize enough the value of a good pathfinding ai...

I figure this has already been covered in other "wishes" or is already planned, but I figured I would ad my 2c as to how it might actually be implemented...

In your next version of your graphics engine please work with Nvidia and AMD(ATI) to take full advantage of multi GPU / Multiprocessor systems. Maybee throw in some PhysX for good measure. Nvidia offers great support for developers....you just have to put their logo on your game.....Not sure how AMD is. I know it was said for a future version but PLEASE make it a priority for the next release.

$3k multiprocessor/multigpu system only running at half its capability FTL :/

Would be better adopting ATI Stream as its completely open source unlike Nvidia's CUDA for PhysX. Multi-GPU and Multi-CPU support would require a lot of re-writing for the engine, I think that 1 GPU is enough (a HD4870 does the job easily), we just need to take full advantage of 2 or more CPU cores properly. And I dont want to be bugged by Nvidia's "the way its meant to be p(l)ayed" like I do in many games..