DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

I like to see a dialog box (possibly behind the pilots seat) so I can order pizza for delivery whilst flying a mission. ED could enter a partnership with "dominos" or "new york pizza" and get a slice (hehe.. pun intended) of the profits. BRILLIANT!

Edited by chaos

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

I like to see a dialog box (possibly behind the pilots seat) so I can order pizza for delivery whilst flying a mission. ED could enter a partnership with "dominos" or "new york pizza" and get a slice (hehe.. pun intended) of the profits. BRILLIANT!

What??? That's crazy funny!!!:lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Parachutes are like minds.. They work better when they are open..

Yeah I really hope a lot of the graphics get updated. Even if it has to come in a patch after release, I would really like to see it. The explosions and the smoke in the DCS Black Shark movies, all seem to look the same as they did in Lock On in 2003.

It's not something I would like to see the game delayed to address, but I would love to see it eventually. Smoke effects in games have really improved recently. In World In Conflict, there are smoke effects that are only available with DX10. Even in DX9 it looks good too though. The smoke rolls around and forms into mushroom shaped clouds just like real smoke. It looks great.

Yeah I really hope a lot of the graphics get updated. Even if it has to come in a patch after release, I would really like to see it. The explosions and the smoke in the DCS Black Shark movies, all seem to look the same as they did in Lock On in 2003.

It's not something I would like to see the game delayed to address, but I would love to see it eventually. Smoke effects in games have really improved recently. In World In Conflict, there are smoke effects that are only available with DX10. Even in DX9 it looks good too though. The smoke rolls around and forms into mushroom shaped clouds just like real smoke. It looks great.

Yeah... ED please fix the graphics they remind me 2003 lock on...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Graphics are 'on the list' but they will not happen overnight. You already know what Black Shark will look like.

So you say that in future dcs add-ons we are going to have even better graphics???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm saying that DCS will always keep getting improved. It won't necessarily be the improvements you want to see though (or they might come earlier or later than people want/expect them, etc).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

A new engine is already being worked on, I believe. It won't be released until after DCS: BS comes out, as I have heard that it will be released with the apache or possibly the warthog module. The new engine will address many of the things that people felt were lacking in lofc. There's more info in the faq, fyi.

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=102.20;wap2

Found this in the article:

""SNP" (Soprovazhdenie Na Prokhode) Track-While-Flyby mode

Track-while-flyby mode allows the simultaneous tracking of up to 10 targets, measuring their angular position, range and rate of closure. The target with the highest rate of closure/range ratio is designated the most dangerous, and automatically marked on the display. The pilot can override the automatic selection if he decides on another target. After switching to track-while-flyby mode it is not clear if the radar continues volume scanning, and it may be that only the (up to 10) tracked targets are followed. Track-while-flyby mode will automatically follow the target marked most dangerous (automatically or by pilot override) in elevation, within the elevation limits of the radar, without pilot intervention."

Is it possible to do that in LO?

If not, pleeeeeeease ED consider implementing it :)

However ther are many useful info on the MiG's radar; a I remember I founf this one in this forum. Not sure.

Cheers!

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=102.20;wap2

Found this in the article:

""SNP" (Soprovazhdenie Na Prokhode) Track-While-Flyby mode

Track-while-flyby mode allows the simultaneous tracking of up to 10 targets, measuring their angular position, range and rate of closure. The target with the highest rate of closure/range ratio is designated the most dangerous, and automatically marked on the display. The pilot can override the automatic selection if he decides on another target. After switching to track-while-flyby mode it is not clear if the radar continues volume scanning, and it may be that only the (up to 10) tracked targets are followed. Track-while-flyby mode will automatically follow the target marked most dangerous (automatically or by pilot override) in elevation, within the elevation limits of the radar, without pilot intervention."

Is it possible to do that in LO?

If not, pleeeeeeease ED consider implementing it :)

However ther are many useful info on the MiG's radar; a I remember I founf this one in this forum. Not sure.

Cheers!

This is already implemented in LO:FC(but not in LO V1.0x).

JJ

TWF is not meant for attack - just for situational awareness.

Hmm thats a little too simplified GG.

The whole purpose of the SNP mode is to automate the procedure leading up to the attack - including target prioritizing and selection.

JJ

Nice, now I just wish we could put good FPS systems in with the Flight sims. You always get one or the other, but not together. If its an FPS game like Crysis, it has good infantry combat and small arms (well, somewhat ), but lacks in the vehicle / flight sim realism department. Same in reverse for the flight sims. There are no real people playing the ground units. It sucks. The two need to come together. Arma is a start, but not a good one. Don't even get me started on how bad BF2 was.

Edited by Logan9773

Nice, now I just wish we could put good FPS systems in with the Flight sims. You always get one or the other, but not together. If its an FPS game like Crysis, it has good infantry combat and small arms (well, somewhat ), but lacks in the vehicle / flight sim realism department. Same in reverse for the flight sims. There are no real people playing the ground units. It sucks. The two need to come together. Arma is a start, but not a good one. Don't even get me started on how bad BF2 was.

If it was that easy, be sure, it would have been done already. Just look at how much time this simulation took. And it is just about a single helicopter! If you'd simulate vehicles and soldiers, jets and everything, you'd either have to work on it for many years up to infinity, as you also have to adapt to ever new hardware, etc. or you'd have to limit the realism of each unit you simulate. The more units, the more interaction, the less detail to each unit up to the point of games like Flashpoint and ArmA. Well, hopefully Flashpoint2 will be closer to the what you are wishing for.

As a sidenote: Falcon was planned to be interactive with a modernized Version of the M1Abrams-tanksim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is already implemented in LO:FC(but not in LO V1.0x).

I have 1.1 FC.

Doesn't it mean, that if the designated target bounds out the radar's current elevation set, it is automatically followed??? If so, my radar doesn't do that...

UPDATE: Question asked from "expert" ; "it should NOT follow" :D

Edited by 59th_LeFty

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

Radio

It would be great if DCS had an voice radio function..imagine in multiplayer where u could use real radio chatter between wingmans...push, talk, release. Dont think I know any games who had simulated the radio functions very well.

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Please ED create something like these effects in the next DCS (trees, weather, clouds, smoke and fire...).

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/screenshot_list/360/12028/Screenshots/22663/0/IL_2_Sturmovik_Birds_of_Prey.html

P.S. These shots are from upcoming IL-2 v.2.0.

This is not IL-2 v2.0

It is a WW2-Flightgame with simulation-touch for the X-box 360. Merely some of the models were taken from IL2. Nothing else in common. There are no screenshots of the sequel to IL2 so far, just some models with incredible details:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2040

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is not IL-2 v2.0

It is a WW2-Flightgame with simulation-touch for the X-box 360. Merely some of the models were taken from IL2. Nothing else in common. There are no screenshots of the sequel to IL2 so far, just some models with incredible details:

Uh!...My mistake...sorry. I was carried by shots and not look in detail explanation. Here is correction:

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/s...0&postcount=16

I wish...

Tyres that have a flat spot/deformation where they touch the ground. If the blackshark lands, you see the landing gear taking the weight, but the tyres seem to be of concrete...

OK, I admit this is not HUGE, but it does ad some weight to the heli. Makes it feel more like it's 'standing' on the tarmac.

A bit like this: (although this one seems to be sinking in the tarmac ;) )

ka-50.jpg

Edited by quo vadis

Vikhr and B-8 rocket pod ... unless you meant 'where did the shkval go' ... this is a Ka-50N, or Sh if I recall correctly. It is an experimental model with a FLIR ball. It is not a production model.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda