DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

I want my pilot armed with Ak-74, shoot enemy soldiers, blow up stuff, knows some knife fight and Kung fu, supplied a medical kit, knows how to rig an IED on the expected path of enemy convoy, knows how to hotwire civilian cars, knows how to do side missions to earn reputation among local gangs...and occasionally goes to local strip clubs

GTA DOES THAT!!!:lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Parachutes are like minds.. They work better when they are open..

1: fix existing bugs.

2: the new mod.

3: it would be awesome if transport units (eg: apc's hercules etc) could house infantry (load/unload) that way u could make missions that simulate troop transportation and supply lines which are key military targets (obliterating supply lines wins wars). it would greatly increase mission options and definately will make missions feel more dynamic.

(i do this now by working with triggers activating the infantry groups on arrival of the apc, so this should be ez to script)

4: in the editor, i want to be able to copy rules, then just editing 1 of the options (because i for instance have to repeat similar rules on different units only). now doing this for 100 units is only possible by 100 times selecting 4 different choices each choices takes likes 4 click so thats at least 1600 mouse clicks, of wich 100 * 3 * 4 = 1200 are useless , if i could copy i could just hit ctrl + v 100 times and edit the fields it would be 100 * 1 * 4 = 400 clicks... )

5: all the stuff muamshai mentioned

Edited by hyperfighter

Hey I'm new to this business and was asked by Tim Robinson of the Royal Aeronautical Society to review Black Shark. He will be adding a PDF link to it at the beginning of June on his website.

I can hear some gripes about the graphics but as a real Apache simulator instructor they are very good. Things are always improving in graphics but being able to display the outside world in such detail as well as inside the cockpit in 3D without freezing up is amazing.

I was an Apache pilot in the British Army until a very short while ago and wrote a book all about this stuff called Apache. But if you want some tactics on how to fight and more importantly how to stay alive, my new book in August ‘Hellfire’ explains how to fight against the ground threat and the air threat. I was an Air Combat Tactics Instructor and a Weapons Instructor so I know what I’m talking about when it comes to Attack Aviation.

Having flown the Ka-50 in the sim I now know what its strengths and weaknesses are. More useful to you; I know that the tactics I describe in 'Hellfire' work for the Black Shark too.

Top tip: Master the ‘trim’ or the ‘holds’. Then your pretty much hands off and heads down for targeting before the merge.

Top gunnery tip: Don't take the shot unless you're 100% sure.

Happy gaming

Ed Macy

www.edmacy.com

www.harperplus.com/apache

www.twitter.com/edmacy

Edited by Ed Macy
typo
  • Like 1

Great to see you on the forums Ed.

When I first bought Blackshark after falling for helicopters after a real life lesson I wanted to learn how to fight the machine and so bought your book Apace along with Apache Dawn by Damien Lewis. These led me to other books about our forces in Iraq and Afghanistan and I really appreciate the effort yourself and others have made in writing these books to communicate what it is like for our forces to those back home.

Looking forward to Hellfire (which I have on Amazon pre order) especially as you're going into tactics into some depth.

Back on thread to this being a DCS Wish list I wish that ED Macy Beta tests the AH 64A module, helps write the manual, does some included tracks etc. No pressure there. :)

Back on thread to this being a DCS Wish list I wish that ED Macy Beta tests the AH 64A module, helps write the manual, does some included tracks etc. No pressure there. :)

good idea.

and have the 64A flyable under the UK... even though we have the D model and the engines are more powerful....:pilotfly: but atlest plese.....

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

You lot are really nice. I have spoken with the Fighter Collection of ED but I'm also a very busy chap and need to feed the kids. One step at a time eh. I've been approached directly on this site about tactics but sadly don't have the time to to reply to individuals at the moment. I am writing all of the tactics down in my new book 'Hellfire'. It even goes into Heli v Heli tactics.

I'm charitable with all profits from my books sold on the site below going to the association. A fantastic bunch of old-timers. http://www.656squadron.org and look for the shop; or directly: http://www.656squadron.org/Shop/mini01Cart/Book%20review.htm

Best

Ed Macy

www.edmacy.com

www.twitter.com/edmacy

• ED Team
You lot are really nice. I have spoken with the Fighter Collection of ED but I'm also a very busy chap and need to feed the kids. One step at a time eh. I've been approached directly on this site about tactics but sadly don't have the time to to reply to individuals at the moment. I am writing all of the tactics down in my new book 'Hellfire'. It even goes into Heli v Heli tactics.

I'm charitable with all profits from my books sold on the site below going to the association. A fantastic bunch of old-timers. http://www.656squadron.org and look for the shop; or directly: http://www.656squadron.org/Shop/mini01Cart/Book%20review.htm

Best

Ed Macy

www.edmacy.com

www.twitter.com/edmacy

To all in the forum.

It is indeed an honour to have Ed Macy on this forum. Please respect his wishes and not send him messages and posts requesting advice on tactics etc for the moment. Let him finish his next book and then buy it! Also, if you have not already bought APACHE, then I suggest you do, it is full of fascinating information. At TFC/ED we have read our copies many times and learnt a lot.

Edited by JimMack
typo
  • Like 1

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Best

Ed Macy

www.edmacy.com

www.twitter.com/edmacy

Thanks for this info Ed Macy i am buying your book next month.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

its my next book to buy...

also on books, for the ground guy, have a butchers at sniper one... one of the best books i have read.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

This is getting to the level where it's derailed enough to start being split off from the thread, I guess, but one thing I would love to be able to read is a book on the tactics employed by ground fources against attack helicopters.

To my mind, it's one thing to know what tactics the chopper crews use, but when you also know the tactics used by ground forces, tanks etcetera to counter the choppers, that is when you might get the big "ahah!" and you go beyond knowing what the choppers do and you get some real insight in why they do it.

Though I say that with a note that I have not read Mr. Macy's book(s) as unemployment currently causes me to be extremely cautious with my money. I definitely will be getting myself a copy of Apache once my economy is stabilized. But if someone knows of books covering the other end of the scenario, it would make for a very awesome companion reading.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Well there's been a couple of threads so far on the tactics actual KA-50 pilots use, and no solid .pdf's etc, so first things first Ethereal!

If i've missed something please redirect me, just there's this hi-fidelity KA-50 simulator, and no real life Russian tactics guides!

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

Please allow us to change settings while in the cockpit. For example, when you hit the ESC key, add a button "Options" which takes you to the regular options screen while the game is paused.

This would allow tweaking controller settings, mappings, etc. and then testing them and repeating this.

As it is now, exiting the whole way out, changing 1 setting, and then waiting for it to load again is a bit tedious.