DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

I would like realistic high altitude contrails rather then the now old contrails that seem like smoke that is just left there. It should look like it is forced out of the nozzles as should not appear exactly a the engine outlet but further back when the hot exhaust starts to mix with cold moist air.

I think that a "debrief" in multiplayer is a must...

I often end a MP mission and because there is no debrief (or mission complete message) i never know if i left something behind...

There should be some kind of indication about the mission status wen we land, taxi to parking area and shut down engines ...

I already pointed the importance of turning runway damage permanent on this post http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1481409&postcount=37

Without permanent runway damage there is no place for offensive counter air against the runways, no place for weapons like BetAB-500shp (implemented) or Durandal and JP233 (not implemented).

Debris remotion and runway damage repair should be assumed by a time interval to accomplish.

Edited by Xpto

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you set your own custom loadout before mision, and you fail, your loadout with pressing "fly again" will reset to default one for that mission.

It would be nice to have last used when repeating mission or possibility to change it on debrief screen without pressing back (I did it and my mission counted as failed, so I had to repeat previous one again...)

We definitely need a server list sorting feature capable of sorting on:

-available aircraft and type

-players (also be able to see player names in browser)

-password protected

-ping

-etc.

Also a better mission progress tracking system would help a lot in multiplayer.

And hopefully one day, ingame teamspeak+tars for everybody.

Edited by degoe

Sorry if this has been said before. But I would really like to see more realistic ground vehicle formations.

Also longer visible range on ground vehicles, now I get vehicles popping up way after I can see the shed standing next to it.

Nice improvements. But if you really want to make the game more interesting try including more planes other than the F15C and what I would really love is more theater of operation. Its a big world out there and I would love to fly though other parts of the world. How about Europe and the middle east? It would make the game alot more interesting and would expand the game greatly. Just some constructive thoughts.

Nice improvements. But if you really want to make the game more interesting try including more planes other than the F15C and what I would really love is more theater of operation. Its a big world out there and I would love to fly though other parts of the world. How about Europe and the middle east? It would make the game alot more interesting and would expand the game greatly. Just some constructive thoughts.

All my lawls.

And while you're at it ED can you make the game better optimized, make a dynamic campaign which simulates logistics/costs/allthatjazz, fix multiplayer disconnects by implementing a dedicated server, also can you include every aircraft in existence, ever, with a 6DoF cockpit complete with munitions, can you also include a tank, naval and infantry sim with all the relevant elements, can you also include futuristic aircraft sims such that as the dynamic campaign progresses through time you're upgraded with futuristic aircraft, more and better weather, better gfx, better sfx, better better better. And nukes. By christmas kthnx.

• Like 1

DCS World dedicated server! ED should make a generality dedicated server where in both singleplayer and multiplayer the server will run, and then the clients will communicate with it. You should be able to log in as a server admin and manage the server from a client.

Making a generality dedicated server will reduce the amount of work required to make it, because they will only have to focus on one server hosting the entire game world, and a client, in contrast to those two for multiplayer, plus functionality for singleplayer.

Lost

Edited by LostOblivion

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

Did some tests today of AI behaviour around airports and especially when landing and found that AI behaves really horrible. You ED guys making this sim so much closer to reality with every update but this is something that even FS2002 had better.

• Go around should be applied only on short final or when it's really neccesary. I found that AI aircraft going around (or ATC instructing player to do so) very far from the runway. Throw 10 aircraft for landing and you have a show for hours. "Overly separating controller".

• Make all aircraft do proper patterns around airfield. Forget about "orbit for spacing", aircraft do not orbit 300m AGL on final. And it's causing only more mess for aircraft behind.

Oh and this is not about AI, more like eye-candy related, but I saw this mentioned at forums a few times:

• Slower wave speed. Somebody said "bathtub scale" and it fits.

• Can we have warmer color flames from missiles/rockets instead of blue?

BTW We keep posting things in this thread, I hope devs actually reading it from time to time.

Edited by GeorgeLKMT

Just 2 little questions.

1st) Will be the A-10A GAU-8 rotary barrels (Muzzle) available and addressed in future (like the A-10C cannon)?

2nd)is it possible for the offical release put the new hi-detailed pilots from both sides in all the planes,flyable and non flyables?

improvement should be DX11 engine, CUDA, PhysX , that use less power for better graphics and processing.

overall the flight control and physics was realistic, but the gameplay lack of aircraft that cause it to became expensive to buy all the individual aircraft or ground vehicle for one game.

some of the famous aircraft is missing: SR-71, B-2, U-2, AC-130, P-3, P-8

missing alot of civilian aircraft and helicopter: Boeing, ...

civilian ground traffic but the civilian air traffic is missing?

ICBM launch from ground and submarine or sea? since the Patriot SAM function to defend from it.

noticed there were freeplay SAM simulator out-there:

https://sites.google.com/site/samsimulator1972/

it should be nice if intergrated into the DCS world? play as SAM in 3D?

there were a free simulator as well, Free Falcon,

http://www.freefalcon.com/

the Tornado, F-5, F-16, and alot other aircraft was flyable with 3d and 2d cockpit, realistic avionics but bad graphics.

the game still lack of naval ship, suggestion to add a map that is end less sea for naval carrier operation in pacific or atlantic since the SU-33 flyable in Flaming cliffs 3, simulate rough sea, high sea wave, underwater viewable?

current flyable in both free and purchase:

SU-27, SU-33, MIG-29A, MIG-29 (Luftwaffe), MIG-29S, SU-25, SU-25T,

F-15C, A-10A, A-10C, KA-50,

suggestion for playable in future? both exist or not in the DCS World:

Helicopter:

AH-64A/D, AH-1W/Z, UH-1D, UH-60A/E/L, MI-24D/P/V, MI-35, MI-28N,

MI-8MT, MI-26, KA-52, KA-27, MV-22, CV-22, Tiger?

Fixed-wing Aircraft:

SU-25TM, SU-27SM, SU-30SM, F-15E, F-5E/F, F-16A/B/C/D, F-14B/D,

F-117A, Tornado, Rafale, Mirage-2000, Eurofighter Typhoon, AV-8B, F-22,

F-35A/B/C, F/A-18C/D/E/F, PAK-FA?, SU-35?, MIG-35?

Bomber size aircraft:

SR-71A, U-2R, B-2A, P-3C, P-8A, AC-130H/U/J/W, B-1B, TU-22M, TU-160, TU-95, TU-142,

Chinese aircraft? J-10A/B, J-11A/B, WZ-9, WZ-10,

Map covering the whole WORLD since it named DCS World?

mission gameplay suggestion:

Search and rescue operation for transport capable helicopter that retrieve ejected pilot on sea or ground?

Recon mission for SR-71 or U-2 fly high and capture picture, evade sam

Bomber mission,

got noticed each individual aircraft model had been simulated in each individual games as:

the APACHE AH-64 in Apache: Air Assault,

the HIND MI-24 in Take-on Helicopter HIND addon,

the F/A-18 in VRS F/A-18E Superbug for FSX,

alot of 3rd party aircraft addon for FSX,

Many aircraft and ground vehicle in Arma 2 Free,

Right...

I want more FARPs. The one we have is huge and has, what, three pads? I want a real small one with one very small pad, as well as a few others in different shapes and sizes.

By the way, George, blue is actually warmer...ironic.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

The main things on my wishlist is graphical. A new/improved engine with better effects all round with good looking terrain on the level of Outerra is really needed, but it also has to be well optimized.

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

It would be nice if AI aircraft could vacate runway at the nearest TWY when reaching taxi speed and not at the end of the runway.

Just one thing to say is they won't do that in RL IIRC. THere was a post somewhere about it.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Just one thing to say is they won't do that in RL IIRC. THere was a post somewhere about it.

Well I don't know about that but you have to admit this is pain in the a** if you take into account everything I wrote (go around too soon, orbiting in front of runway and not doing proper patterns). Maybe higher taxi speed or late braking could help, so he can vacate runway sooner.