DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

I asked for this when Black Shark was released as well, but I would like to have the mouse curser disappear by itself after a while in A-10C. Like in FSX and Falcon 4.

"There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well thank you for that update... But I was talking about the sim joystick of course. I spent the $500 and got mine but was disapointed there was no force feedback.

Ah. I thought you were one of those people who believed that unless the real HOTAS has force feedback effects built into it, they shouldn't be supported in the simulator. I apologize.

I guess the answer is that aside from trim effects and some possible stall effects (mentioned by someone else) I haven't felt anything noticeable. I thought I remembered an early beta having some rumble effects on the runway, but I might be wrong--and it doesn't do it now anyway.

Must have Satellite View in ME

I know this has been brought up before....but the amount of time I waste setting a object on the map and then having to start the game over and over and over and over (get the picture) and verify orientaion and placement is crazy. I like to target certain buildings, with current map view all I see is an orange blob with brown squares.

Please ED, make this a #1 priority. Just a "we are working on it" reply would be nice to now....and "it's going in the first patch" would be great to know.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Evader

Have you tried to zoom into the map?

You talking to me?:unsure:

Yep, the orange blobs and brown squares just get bigger...lol

Oh, well, I love the sim. Only thing I play, only reason I speand tons of cash on hardware. I'll just wait and see, I know about everyone who uses the ME misses the Satellite view.

Request. Add floating MFDs in cockpit view.

I was thinking if it maybe possible to add floating MFDs in cockpit view. I know that using alt+f1 is possible to remove the cockpit to only see floating MFDs but I use TrackIR and sometimes it is hard to see the MFDs when I zoom out to have a wider view of the cockpit.

I did some photoshop to show what I am referring.

http://img251.imageshack.us/f/floatingmfd.jpg

floatingmfd.jpg

I was thinking if it maybe possible to add floating MFDs in cockpit view. I know that using alt+f1 is possible to remove the cockpit to only see floating MFDs but I use TrackIR and sometimes it is hard to see the MFDs when I zoom out to have a wider view of the cockpit.

I did some photoshop to show what I am referring.

http://img251.imageshack.us/f/floatingmfd.jpg

floatingmfd.jpg

Actually you might be able to do that yourself. i know you can export the mfcd's to a different monitor by changing the appropriate lua files and editting in the coordinates but you may even have them overlap on your mainscreen maybe.

This can be done by editing a multimonitor .lua file. On the 1screen.lua just add the mfd coordinates into thr main view.

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Mouse look and select for non virtIR

WIth the black shark mouse look and select works on the same cross hair.. would make life a lot more simple if that was incoporated in A10. As it is also possible to mouse wheel zoom to the panels without having to have 40 fingers to select everything whilst trying to use the joystick to at fly low level..

Coolie hat use works but you still might need to zoom in with the keyboard.. Then the looking with coolie hat is ultra slow. As I said 3 hands required..

Exellent SIm nevertheless..

WIth the black shark mouse look and select works on the same cross hair.. would make life a lot more simple if that was incoporated in A10. As it is also possible to mouse wheel zoom to the panels without having to have 40 fingers to select everything whilst trying to use the joystick to at fly low level..

Coolie hat use works but you still might need to zoom in with the keyboard.. Then the looking with coolie hat is ultra slow. As I said 3 hands required..

Yes, totally agree! This is something I have mentioned in other threads, but does not seem to attract any attention. The Alt+C configuration in Black Shark is far superior. With A-10, the AltC allows pan & zoom, but we lose cockpit click-ability and have to AltC back out to click switches. With BS, using AltC allows pan & zoom while retaining click-ability. I still do not understand why this was not implemented in A-10. Programmers/Developers...Please fix this!

Asus P6T Deluxe - I7 960 - Win7 64 - 6 Gigs Kingston HyperX Memory DDR3/1800MHz - Kingston SSD (solid state drive) - Radeon HD 5870

Big problem in DCS Warthog for now is number of open servers where no password is needed. If you find any, there is a big probability that server will be down before you even reach a target of mission. Maybe people should be additionally motivated with at least rank promotion for hosting missions from start to end as well as for other achievement in the sim. It also would help in deciding what server to choose in first place for multiplayer game, which one is stable. I assume squadron dedicated servers would become general rank servers quickly.

I have been playing with the mission editor and have found the ground troops. The one thing I cant find is "Ground Crew". It would be nice to have them in the editor so that you can populate the airfield and ramp area's with them. Both static and movable.

It would be nice to be able to choose the folder for the saves and the missions manually. I do not like the Decision to put the mission into the User/Userfiles folder at all. Since it is still on C:\ per standard, it just bloats this drive and it counters all the work i do for data security by placing my files out of C: and out of standard folders. Yep a virus or any malware, attacks every folder, but the first attacked are always the standard folders, since everyone has them. I know that i could place, those folders out of C: and i will try to put it on another drive. The logbook is one thing, but loosing ones missions on wich i work hard, that would suck big time. This adds another thing to watch and backup on my list.

I can not understand the reasoning behind putting the missions in the Userfiles. And i do not think giving us the option would be too hard, i mean in lightroom you can do it too. Otherwise an automated backup after each shutdown would be nice, especially if it works with incremental backups.

It won´t discourage me from buying, thanks for developing it. I appreciate your efforts for the Combat Flight Simulation Genre.

It would be nice to be able to choose the folder for the saves and the missions manually. I do not like the Decision to put the mission into the User/Userfiles folder at all. Since it is still on C:\ per standard, it just bloats this drive and it counters all the work i do for data security by placing my files out of C: and out of standard folders. Yep a virus or any malware, attacks every folder, but the first attacked are always the standard folders, since everyone has them. I know that i could place, those folders out of C: and i will try to put it on another drive. The logbook is one thing, but loosing ones missions on wich i work hard, that would suck big time. This adds another thing to watch and backup on my list.

I can not understand the reasoning behind putting the missions in the Userfiles. And i do not think giving us the option would be too hard, i mean in lightroom you can do it too. Otherwise an automated backup after each shutdown would be nice, especially if it works with incremental backups.

It won´t discourage me from buying, thanks for developing it. I appreciate your efforts for the Combat Flight Simulation Genre.

If it really is an issue, you can set up a hardlink to a folder on another drive.

EDIT:- A quick guide http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-symlinks-in-windows-vista/

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

@Nate It is, a big one to me. Thanks for the help, the other solution that was told to me was to move the User folder. Of which i´m a bit wary, since i do not know how it would interfere with the copy protection.

So basically that symlinks would tell the system that the folder is still on C: while the actual folder might be on say.....D:? So the system thinks Users/Username is still on C: but in reality it is on D:? I´m sorry i´ve never heard of those symlinks before and i try to understand it.

So how would you do the whole procedure after the obligatory system backup?