Dropped frames but only on some planes

Go to solution Solved by DukeofHyrule,

This is a weird one. I recently changed from a RTX 3070 to a RX 6800 XT and now im having periodically dropped frames on my Index but only on my Mirage and L-39. F/A-18 and FC3 Aircraft work perfectly fine with only rarely dropped frames.

My Setup is

Valve Index
RX 6800 XT

R9 5900X

b450 mobo

16 GB 3000 MHz RAM

and DCS is installed on a NVMe SSD

resizeable bar is turned on if that even matters for DCS.

hopefully it will be simple to correct since you only observe the problem in one AC. my guess would be a texture problem in the mirage. have you cleared the texture folders? have you ran a repair? any mods that can be disabled?

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• Solution

Cleared textures, run a repair and forced motion smoothing and now it works.

My guess is it was the constant change between reprojection and normal that caused the dropped frames because in the hornet i never even reached the frametimes for normal and in the FC3 flights i tested i mostly stay above 90 fps.

Seems like Nvidia has better drivers as i never had dropped frames when changing between normal and reprojection on the 3070.

• 1 month later...

So what was the fix .

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .