HP Reverb G2 Stuttering on Respawn Problem

General Tappy

Hey all,

I tried browsing the forums for a few minutes and could find similar issues but not identical to mine though I may have just missed it.

I upgraded from the Odyssey+ to the Reverb G2 about 2 months ago. Game runs great in VR, both in the O+ and Reverb G2, only issues is when I go back to spectator online. The game will stutter near to the point that it's unplayable, but it seems to only happen when I return to spectators or respawn aircraft, otherwise it runs near flawlessly for me. If I look in one direction it runs fine but as soon as I adjust my head position to view instruments post respawn, or look around, the stuttering resumes.

I never had that issue with the O+, so it seems to be G2 specific for me, I have tried adjusting and changing various graphical settings, VR settings, etc. with the same results. I am unable to pin down exactly what is causing this issue for me. If I return to the main menu the stuttering stops, as soon as I go back into multiplayer, it resumes. If I restart DCS it runs great until I respawn then it starts all over again.

I'm kind of at a loss as to what is causing the stuttering to occur as it only occurs under those conditions, trying to find out if anyone else has had the same issue and if so, if they have found a work around. 

• Like 1

Yes I also have that issue. Right when I get on a server everything seems to be okay. But after respawning a few times that issue starts to act up. So Im curious if anyone can explain what’s going on and why it does that stuttering crap. It’s like something dragging the performance down. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

On 3/13/2021 at 2:08 PM, Burt said:

Yes I also have that issue. Right when I get on a server everything seems to be okay. But after respawning a few times that issue starts to act up. So Im curious if anyone can explain what’s going on and why it does that stuttering crap. It’s like something dragging the performance down. 

I'm glad it's not just me.

Though mine starts acting up when I respawn after the first flight. I cannot do more than 1 flight, which really sucks.

• 5 months later...

well I do believe there was a post a long time ago that discussed this issue.. There was a program to clear standby memory and they added it to the scheduled tasks, which helped alot of folks with this issue.. maybe do a search for clear standby memory?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

I usually fix it by alttabbing from DCs to other window(Fullscreen file explorer for instance), do several clicks there, win+y x2 (though not sure if it helps), then minimize explorer, focus dcs, enjoy. My explanation for it - game stutters during load of the aircraft and wmr being total piece of dogfood treats dcs as being inactive and sort of limits it's fps or whatever. Just my guess.

On 3/13/2021 at 7:48 PM, General Tappy said:

I'm kind of at a loss as to what is causing the stuttering to occur as it only occurs under those conditions, trying to find out if anyone else has had the same issue and if so, if they have found a work around. 

For the most part, for me, alt tab to Steam VR, > settings > reset seated position then alt tab back to DCS fixes things...

I say "For the most part" because after 3-4 spawns a radical drop in fps can only be fixed  by a reboot of DCS, WMR & SteamVR.   Looking at memory stats it seems as if DCS or WMR is not releasing VRAM and then you spawn on top which drops frames from 60 to 10.... 100900K, 2080ti, 64 RAM. HP G2 

SIGBLOCK.png

Someone told me about DCS deleting textures from memory if they were not looked at for two minutes. It seems there is a memory leak in this process or something, because commited memory keeps growing. After 20 minutes on GS server I see it at 40 Gb, so pagefile swaps occur for most of us and create stutter. 

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

• 1 month later...