AI wingmen fail to join formation

Issue persists for me as well, particularly in the A-10. I will tell my wingman to fly to next waypoint, and I will fly off his wing. When I command him to rejoin in close echelon, he falls back into a very loose route formation, then slowly lags behind until he is 1nm in trail, despite me being at the same speed he was before commanding him to rejoin.

I'd also like to report that the issue still persists after a full reinstall of the latest DCS open beta. Basically it's still the same, AI wingen just cannot properly rejoin the formation, even if I pull the throttles way back, nearing stall speed. 

It happens with all aircraft I've tested it in on all maps. Again no mods installed. I could upload more replay files and screenshots, but all is documented in the previous posts. 

If anyone tries to reproduce this, try the following. Take off from an airbase with three wingmen and fly away in a straight line. Set throttle at some 95-97% RPM. In theory your wingmen should be able to catch up using full power or even afterburner if applicable. 

On 4/12/2021 at 9:28 AM, Oreo147 said:

I'd also like to report that the issue still persists after a full reinstall of the latest DCS open beta...

Damn. I was hoping that had resolved things for you.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 3 months later...