A-29 Super Tucano

I have two weird issues. 

First, I cannot seem to engage the parking brake.  When I right mouse click it twice, it just goes back and forth and does not turn.

Second, for some reason I cannot figure out, my plane will not move.  The parking brake light is not on and I have deleted the wheel brake axis on my toe brakes and put the wheel brake button on my joystick.  No matter what I do, the plane will not move.  Perhaps this is related to the parking brake issue?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

On 4/18/2021 at 12:44 AM, SKYPORK said:

The separate left/right toe brakes are not rendered yet, or fully tuned. Hopefully will be addressed soon, along with the rest of the key command bindings. These will bring an excellent mod over the top!

As we know so far, left/right toe breaks only works with an EFM, sorry.

Please tell which bindings are missing so we can implement them.

16 hours ago, lefevre said:

No  at Home liveries don't work  with the devel version but they work fine with 1.8b version!! I don't know why ?!!!

With the 1.8b version I  can't select aweapon on the central pylon  (in the SMS page) and with The devel version I can!

Strange isn't it ?

It's been corrected. Works on the new devel version, with several other improvements like a new FM, DCS new propeller technology and new lights.

10 hours ago, sobe said:

I have two weird issues. 

First, I cannot seem to engage the parking brake.  When I right mouse click it twice, it just goes back and forth and does not turn.

Second, for some reason I cannot figure out, my plane will not move.  The parking brake light is not on and I have deleted the wheel brake axis on my toe brakes and put the wheel brake button on my joystick.  No matter what I do, the plane will not move.  Perhaps this is related to the parking brake issue?

I think you have something mapped as the breaks and it's fully applied. Please check that and let me know if it works.

7 hours ago, icuham said:

Has anyone added gun pods to the A-29 yet?  Would the MFD's SMS page need to be adapted to recognize/implement a gun pod? Anyone have experience with this?

Hi. The SMS (actually weapons systems) would need some adaptations.

Can you point any other module that uses a gunpod so I can use it as a reference?

22 minutes ago, Luiz Renault said:

Can you point any other module that uses a gunpod so I can use it as a reference?

The A-4E-C user mod, has gunpods amongst its weapons:

yZVNQPU.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Luiz,

Most of the left and right console switches don't seem to have any key commands assigned to them. Nor are they listed in the controls menus, so I cannot simply map them to controller buttons. Also I use TM's Hog Throttle and MFDs with TM's TARGET software, which need key commands to program the buttons.  For example, what is the key command for the master battery switch? Or engine start? Hopefully this makes sense. Also what is the devel version? Is it different from version 1.8b?

To the guy with the brakes problem. If you have any axis assigned to brakes, you may have to invert the axis. On some of my planes, the brakes will stay on if I don't invert axis.

Edited by SKYPORK

3 hours ago, mwlue said:

Hmm, this mod looks really coool.   Is there a solo version like the Huey now?

the rear cockpit is just for show, can’t be used at the moment.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

12 hours ago, mwlue said:

In real life Super Tucano, there is a single seat variant... but most of them seem to be bought as twin seat. I believe this is because while it IS the true attack variant, some nations want it dual purpose for training new pilots as well as operational use. But I strongly believe its because the real Super Tuc is used for fairly complicated close air support, often employing smart munitions, and sometimes have the targeting pod installed, for search, target ID, and laser targeting. Since the world is FAR less tolerant of "collateral damage" these days, and cities and towns are FAR larger and more numerous, and that's where most targets are hiding these days. 

It's getting more dificult to ask a single pilot to do all that while flying the plane, couple that with coordinating by radio with friendly ground units like maybe a downed pilot needing CSAR rescue or a Special Forces team that's been surrounded by an enemy, as well as ELINT and other intel data sources looking to find a specific, possibly mobile target in a non-descript car or truck... the need for a dedicated operator increases significantly. Sure, Hornets do their own targeting all the time, but most of the time they are assigned a killbox, or have ground teams or UAV's doing the lasing for them... the Tucano is often doing all those jobs, maybe split between multiple airframes. 

Also consider that the SuperTuc seems to be often operating either in a small team with limited or no extra support, unlike a typical Hornet or Viper "Gorrila package", with dozens of units all heading to a target area, with Rivet Joint and AWACS support. That Tucano team is likely having to deal with ATC and deconflicting civilian traffic, so the pilot workload won't be lighter than in a fancy fighter, often without an AWACS. I know the Brazillians do have an AWACS type plane, but most Tucano customers have very limited budgets and can't afford and maybe don't have a strong need for that kind of support aircraft.

But no, there's no single seat DCS version at this time, nor is there a working targeting pod turret, and there are some wpons that have not yet been added to the mod that are able to be carried on some of the newer Super Tucanos, as ordnance testing and integration is ongoing. One example is APKWS and the Stormbreaker smartbomb, which are cleared for the ST if they have the full software updates from Sierra Nevada.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2021 at 4:41 AM, mwlue said:

23 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

the rear cockpit is just for show, can’t be used at the moment.

13 hours ago, Rick50 said:

In real life Super Tucano, there is a single seat variant... but most of them seem to be bought as twin seat. I believe this is because while it IS the true attack variant, some nations want it dual purpose for training new pilots as well as operational use. But I strongly believe its because the real Super Tuc is used for fairly complicated close air support, often employing smart munitions, and sometimes have the targeting pod installed, for search, target ID, and laser targeting. Since the world is FAR less tolerant of "collateral damage" these days, and cities and towns are FAR larger and more numerous, and that's where most targets are hiding these days. 

It's getting more dificult to ask a single pilot to do all that while flying the plane, couple that with coordinating by radio with friendly ground units like maybe a downed pilot needing CSAR rescue or a Special Forces team that's been surrounded by an enemy, as well as ELINT and other intel data sources looking to find a specific, possibly mobile target in a non-descript car or truck... the need for a dedicated operator increases significantly. Sure, Hornets do their own targeting all the time, but most of the time they are assigned a killbox, or have ground teams or UAV's doing the lasing for them... the Tucano is often doing all those jobs, maybe split between multiple airframes. 

Also consider that the SuperTuc seems to be often operating either in a small team with limited or no extra support, unlike a typical Hornet or Viper "Gorrila package", with dozens of units all heading to a target area, with Rivet Joint and AWACS support. That Tucano team is likely having to deal with ATC and deconflicting civilian traffic, so the pilot workload won't be lighter than in a fancy fighter, often without an AWACS. I know the Brazillians do have an AWACS type plane, but most Tucano customers have very limited budgets and can't afford and maybe don't have a strong need for that kind of support aircraft.

But no, there's no single seat DCS version at this time, nor is there a working targeting pod turret, and there are some wpons that have not yet been added to the mod that are able to be carried on some of the newer Super Tucanos, as ordnance testing and integration is ongoing. One example is APKWS and the Stormbreaker smartbomb, which are cleared for the ST if they have the full software updates from Sierra Nevada.

13 hours ago, DonJosh said:

Yes, you can fly with the Pilot only. The backseat is empty than

Hi. There can be a single seat version. The A-29A carries another fuel tank on the back nacelle. It's a matter of 3D model customization and a few code lines in entry.lua.

• Like 3

Hey!  Love the plane.  Just completed my first night flight...cross country in the Nevada map...and on landing, I had flames on the left wing (for about two seconds), lost oil pressure, and lost the engine.  I was close enough to finish the landing but what happened?  What caused the fire?  It was just before touchdown and I had the engine at idle.  Any ideas?

13 hours ago, sanc2775 said:

It looks like the last patch blocking the mods because now my Tucano don't show inside the game and others mod neither what i have to do to fix it? Thanks

I installed it on saved games folder and I had no problem.

• Like 1

Awesome mod guys! I was really looking forward to this plane, and I WOULD PAY for this.

High hopes on this one! It already seems to be quite fun and it´s amazing how complete and functional it is from the start, amazing!

I will post some stuff that I think could be improved in the coming updates;

• MOD name shows in lower case, wouldn´t it be better as "EMB 314 / A-29B" or simply "Super Tucano"?
  • Instant Action for sceneries other than Caucasus missing.
  • Warning msg when starting from Instant Action
  • Normal map texture missing?
  • Low res interior texture.
  • Marked switches are inverted in the mouse rh/lh clicks, a bit strange in the VR; Normal/Switch in the lower Bendix Comm - Flap Lever - Fuel & Hidr shutoff switch
  • Strobe light in the wingtips has a black glare, while the lights do not glare when on.
  • Pilot change when ejecting?
  • Ground effect missing?
  • Flap with only one down position?
  • Stall is weird (freezes in space), same when flying inverted, on apex of looping, etc.
  • Stall speeds too high? Even with low fuel and little load, stalls happen above 100 knots
  • Stall alarm not working
  • Roll speed too low ?
  • Parking brake without keyboard binding
  • Gear light indicator too weak (gear maneuvering red light too bright at night)
  • Taxi light turns off when steering/not following nose gear movement
  • Taxing too stiff while turning? No effect of different weight loads.
  • Differential brake not working
  • Braking efficiency too low? Seems to be a liner deceleration, should be more progressive
  • "Brake on" indicator still illuminated after battery is set to "off"
  • HUD brightness knob not working
  • Night/day switch not working
  • Light alarm test not working
  • Storm light comes out nowhere/illuminates outside, but not visible when looking from outside view
  • Battery never runs out of juice, generator inoperative
  • fuel pump switch innoperative, start works even when it is "off"

Congratulations for taking the lead on this one.

lowcase.jpg

warning.jpg

inverted_buttons.jpg

beacon.jpg

Edited by jamespejam
update of issues

10 minutes ago, jamespejam said:
  • Warning msf when starting from Instant Action

This just means that you are on an older DCS version than what the Mod was designed for, probably because you are using DCS Stable Release and the Mod uses DCS Openbeta.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 11:50 AM, Rudel_chw said:

Here is the latest training mission that I'm editing for the A-29B .. undergoing testing on DCS 2.7 .. the clouds look really nice:

I expect to finish testing this one tomorrow, and afterwards I will stop editing new missions for a while, and instead re-test the previous ones to make sure that they do work on 2.7

Best regards,

Eduardo

Hey Eduardo

are the training missions you've posted videos of on YouTube, available as mission files for download? & if so could you possibly post a link.

Many thanks

Intel i7 12th gen 3.61 GHz, GTX 1080ti, 32gb Hyper X fury ddr5, Rift S

3 hours ago, SpiffnZ said:

Hey Eduardo

are the training missions you've posted videos of on YouTube, available as mission files for download? & if so could you possibly post a link.

Many thanks

the first three missions are already included on the current version of the Mod, the remainder will probably be included on the next release by Luiz Renault.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1