A-29 Super Tucano

Wow, Dennis, you are on a roll 👍

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Amazing what an export success the A-29B has become. When I made the origonal FSX model only two or three countries used the  Super Tucano. A cool "what if" scheme would be Dominican Republic 1980's P-51 colors.

Edited by SKYPORK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, FoxHoundELite said:

a little off topic but how can you achieve this graphic? can you post your setting? also any reshade or shading involved?

Pretty much everything on High, MSAA 4, anisotropic filtering 16, SSAO and SSLR turned on as well. 18.30 around Tonopah in Nevada at about 6000 meters 😉

This one is slightly touched up, but here's the original screenshot.

Screen_210407_204736.png

• Like 2

On 4/7/2021 at 4:19 PM, Rudel_chw said:

I have the first Weapon Training mission almost ready .. just a few more details and it will be ready for release 👍 ..

Hi,

I finished the CCIP Bombing Training Mission, so the next one is almost the same, but this time for Rockets ... they don't need such high dive angles as the bombs, and are quite precise:

V1ttVVO.jpg

🙂

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Hi Sushy,

Superb job !

For all our DCS friends, the Tucano has been the basic ab-initio training aircraft for the French Armee de l'Air pilots for years. 😀

It is however currently being replaced by the Pilatus PC-21.

Well done Sushy ! 👏

Fly low...

Toan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your my hero Sushy!!!

Do you think that you could remove the reinforcement of the canopy in order to have a more realistic version?

If it not possible don't worry it will be perfect your picture are already very nice.

Hope the release will come soon 

Thank you for your job  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sushy73 said:

Uploaded.

It will be available soon on the DCS users files section

Regards

It's really amazing the sheer amount of Liveries that the A-29B has got over such a short period of time:

VYzDAgW.jpg

Thanks a lot to all the skin artists that have contributed to this Mod 👍

Eduardo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

It's really amazing the sheer amount of Liveries that the A-29B has got over such a short period of time:

Thanks a lot to all the skin artists that have contributed to this Mod 👍

Eduardo

It's nice that people are coming up with all kinds of skins (honestly, I had no idea that the Super Tucano was so popular), but to me the more important question is "When will the flight model be updated?". Undoubtedly, this new mod belongs to a small, select group of really well-done models, but the flight model is anything but realistic. This may not be important for people who just want to drop bombs and look at pretty skins, but for the mod to reach its full potential and satisfy those of us looking for realism, the flight model needs to be overhauled. Just my 2 cents... 

16 minutes ago, Doc3908 said:

...but the flight model is anything but realistic. This may not be important for people who just want to drop bombs and look at pretty skins, but for the mod to reach its full potential and satisfy those of us looking for realism, the flight model needs to be overhauled. 

Did you knew that this Mod uses the SFM? 🙄  ... I don't see it satisfying you anytime soon.

"This is a free, open source, SFM, A-29B independent module for DCS World. By independent it is meant that it does not require any other modules to work.

The development is in a very early stage, but the author has decided on releasing it in hopes it will help others on the implementation of modern aircraft systems using SFM."

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Did you knew that this Mod uses the SFM? 🙄  ... I don't see it satisfying you anytime soon.

"This is a free, open source, SFM, A-29B independent module for DCS World. By independent it is meant that it does not require any other modules to work.

The development is in a very early stage, but the author has decided on releasing it in hopes it will help others on the implementation of modern aircraft systems using SFM."

Yes, I do, of course. So did the A-4C v.1.4, but it always flew much more believably. With the throttle open, the Super Tucano does not lose airspeed no matter how hard you pull. In the vertical, the airspeed decays way too slowly. In fact, I almost did a knife-edge loop (with that small rudder!), but past the vertical, the plane got stuck motionless and just hung there in the same vertical position. Eventually, after I wiggled the controls and got it to put out of the frozen vertical. I'll look to see if I have this on video - or may try to recreate later today.

Either way,  if you're happy with it, that's great. I certainly appreciate the work that the developers have put into this mod and wish them the best. 

Edited by Doc3908

44 minutes ago, Doc3908 said:

Either way,  if you're happy with it, that's great. I certainly appreciate the work that the developers have put into this mod and wish them the best. 

Yes, I'm happy with it and enjoying editing missions for it .. this is the latest: Training on the use of Rockets:

Still needs a bit of tuning (mainly, the scores report)  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, sushy73 said:

Uploaded.

It 's available on the DCS users files section

Gorgeous livery 👍 .. I liked the worn details on the canopy edges and the dirty fuselage near the exhaust

UzGoYd6.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hi Sushy, Hi All,

Superb job, indeed !

The Tucano has been the basic ab-initio training aircraft for the French Armee de l'Air pilots for years in Salon-de -Provence, southern France. 😀

The 50 aircraft were in service there from 1995 to 2009.

As such, they never had any underwing loadout, and have never been used in combat ops wearing this flag.

They initially had also a red and white livery.

It is however currently being replaced by the Pilatus PC-21.

Well done Sushy ! 👏

Fly low...

Toan

Edited by toan
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, dali said:

heloooo admins, why is this still not pinned?

There are already too many stickied threads on the Mods subforum, and it isn't really needed anyway as the continous posts keep the thread near the top of the Sub Forum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Urbi said:

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.12 - 11.44.50.37.png

FAB team 1-7  https://www.dropbox.com/s/qx4edcmmaitwrf2/FAB%20Team%20Nr1-7.rar?dl=0

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.12 - 00.34.42.56.png

FAB 90 MIL    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1r4fgeie1xpbm7f/FAB%2090MIL.rar?dl=0

digitalcombatsimulatoz8jun.png

US Privat N29US  https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbozr7g0yqddptc/N29US.rar?dl=0

In order to improve the quality of the exterior views, I have developed textures for the Normals and the Ruoghmet, which are suitable for all paintings without armor panels. These were developed on the basis of the "Super Tucano 4096 paintkit.psd" paint kit. Unzip the files from my downloaded zip into the texture folder of a-29b-community-main and then drag and prop them into A-29B.zip, then these should also be displayed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zn8p6vwce6rtyhm/Textures%20a-29b.rar?dl=0

Download note: Should a sign-in message appear on DropBox. Click this away. Go to direct download in the upper right corner and click.

i used your texture, but looks like it got some errors?
Screen_210412_214323.jpg 

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, Urbi said:

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.12 - 11.44.50.37.png

FAB team 1-7  https://www.dropbox.com/s/qx4edcmmaitwrf2/FAB%20Team%20Nr1-7.rar?dl=0

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.12 - 00.34.42.56.png

FAB 90 MIL    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1r4fgeie1xpbm7f/FAB%2090MIL.rar?dl=0

digitalcombatsimulatoz8jun.png

US Privat N29US  https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbozr7g0yqddptc/N29US.rar?dl=0

In order to improve the quality of the exterior views, I have developed textures for the Normals and the Ruoghmet, which are suitable for all paintings without armor panels. These were developed on the basis of the "Super Tucano 4096 paintkit.psd" paint kit. Unzip the files from my downloaded zip into the texture folder of a-29b-community-main and then drag and prop them into A-29B.zip, then these should also be displayed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zn8p6vwce6rtyhm/Textures%20a-29b.rar?dl=0

Download note: Should a sign-in message appear on DropBox. Click this away. Go to direct download in the upper right corner and click.

Very good Normals and the Ruoghmet, I will test my textures.
The FAB painting is not correct, the tail is perfect, congratulations.
The FAB EDA, today, the colors are lighter.

image.png

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315921/

image.png

image.png

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315922/

Edited by denissoliveira
  • Like 1