A-29 Super Tucano

3 hours ago, RogueRunner said:

hmmm, seems broken actually.

pity 😂 .. but at least I wonte be needing to update the training just yet 🙂

I have the first Weapon Training mission almost ready .. just a few more details and it will be ready for release 👍 .. here is how it is looking at the moment:

Cheers,

Eduardo

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Need some insight/help:

I've followed the tutorials posted:  CCIP, Radar Altimeter on, steep angle...

My bombs are always falling short.  I even dove practically straight down and still the bombs fell short.  Even practiced on an airfield with a ginormous hangar that a blind man could hit; bombs still fell short.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, agamemnon_b5 said:

Need some insight/help:

My bombs are always falling short.  I even dove practically straight down and still the bombs fell short.  Even practiced on an airfield with a ginormous hangar that a blind man could hit; bombs still fell short.

are you using the latest version of the A-29B? On it I get good results with CCIP R:

HqMybId.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

2 hours ago, agamemnon_b5 said:

Need some insight/help:

I asked the same, and maybe the answer would be to add waypoints for your targets and then ccip will calculate more precisely.

2 minutes ago, dali said:

I asked the same, and maybe the answer would be to add waypoints for your targets and then ccip will calculate more precisely.

but that workaround is unrealistic, as you will not always Know the coordinates of a target .. and really unnecesary, as the CCIP R precision is quite good .. are you sure to wait until the X dissapears from the CCIP reticle, before dropping the bombs?

3 hours ago, MEBF109 said:

Sir with all due respect I borrowed this one for my PC Background hahahaha is to SEXY thanks take care.

I know right?

When I first saw it, I legit thought it was a painting for Embraer marketing, and only afterward realised it was a screenshot of the mod!!

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 6:32 PM, FoxHoundELite said:

Someone pls make this skin 😄

AFSOC-A-29-SUPER-TUCANO-3-scaled.jpg?qua

message-editor%2F1617041040451-03-afsoc-

You guys remember this aircraft? Well, Cleetus sat in one similarly painted, belonging to Siera Nevada Corp and took a bit of video! I don't think he really knows much about aircraft, but just figured a few of you might like to see this. Cleetus McFarland is better known as a guy who puts HUGE turbos on Corvettes and other American musclecars, boosting the engines to high outputs for drag racing, but here he meets up with the pilot of a Super Tucano.

The relevant bit is from 2:44 to 7:00 for the cockpit. The rest is just this guy's first race at his private oval racetrack :

It's not great video, and no flying (well in the heli yes but not the Tucano), but it does show some closeups from inside the cockpit. Also interesting is the pilot said the software is still being upgraded, bringing more systems online.

Edited by Rick50
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2021 at 11:32 AM, RogueRunner said:

How do you get the prop in Beta?

And how do I use the radios in MAN mode, can currently only use the preset modes

or am I missing thing? 🙂

For the time being, the radios are only for SRS Integration. They don't work in DCS.

Just follow the steps on github:

SRS Script Copy to Saved Games\DCS\Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts and replace the existing file. Will be included in next SRS Update (thanks to ciribob).

The manual mode is selected using M-SEL when manual frequency is selected.

Edited by Luiz Renault
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2021 at 9:13 PM, Rudel_chw said:

but that workaround is unrealistic, as you will not always Know the coordinates of a target .. and really unnecesary, as the CCIP R precision is quite good .. are you sure to wait until the X dissapears from the CCIP reticle, before dropping the bombs?

I do wait for the X to disappear.  But after watching the latest version of your tutorial, I might be releasing too high.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]