A-29 Super Tucano

I didnt see this posted but it cme up on my youtube feed.  Looks like the A-29 will be at home on the Marianas Map: 

• Like 2

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

En 3/4/2021 a las 23:53, Luiz Renault dijo:

A-29B Super Tucano

Changelog

Version 0.1.8b - 04 April 2021 - Happy Easter

Added

• SRS Integration capability.
  • COM 1 and COM 2 UFCP menus.
  • COM 1, COM 2, COM 3 volume knobs working.
  • UFCP Backlight.
  • Night vision goggles (some lights are not compatible yet).
  • Autopilot R/P and Alt modes.
  • Cold start, Waypoint navigation and VFR Landing training missions (by Rudel_chw)
  • UFCP DA/H and Time menus.
  • RT and SW time modes on UFCP Main format.
  • New UFCP textures.
  • UFCP and CMFD key bindings.
  • Engine will cut off randomly from 60 to 90kg of fuel.

Changed

• Brakes efficiency now working as it should, based on velocity and pedal position.
  • New Throttle and Stick texture.
  • Altitude and Baro adjustments synchronized with DCS.
  • UFCP WPT menu can edit data as WP or FYT.
  • New FM according to specs for AoA vs KTAS.

Fixes

• Salvo button now changes to SMS EJ format on CMFD 1.
  • Gear Switch LMB/RMB behavior.
  • CMFD EICAS Brightness adjustment.
  • Fuel flow now more realistic.
  • AI can take off, perform mission and land.

image.png

Hello. NVG implementation is great, congratulations!

Is it necessary to delete the previous files, before installing the latest version?

Greetings

Edited by RacoonE69

10 minutes ago, RacoonE69 said:

Is it necessary to delete the previous files, before installing the latest version?

Since there were a lot of new keybindings, I deleted the /Saved games/DCS/Config/Input/A-29B/ folder before updating the Mod, in order to avoid key bindings conflicts.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

does anybody else have problems with ccip reticle disapearing and not being able to select other weapons, when station is mixed, like mk82 on left wing and cbu LAU combo on other?

I get unknown in the sms page

hace 11 minutos, Rudel_chw dijo:

Since there were a lot of new keybindings, I deleted the /Saved games/DCS/Config/Input/A-29B/ folder before updating the Mod, in order to avoid key bindings conflicts.

Thanks a lot. It seemed like common sense, but I preferred to consult.

Greetings

I have tried the navigation training mission twice and both times I could not make a new waypoint 7.  The waypoints would go to 6 and not beyond.  Is this me or the mission?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Where is the lua file that I can change the color of the HUD and make it darker?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

En 4/4/2021 a las 11:19, Rudel_chw dijo:

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what does the DTOS sight mode option does?

dVGmja1.jpg

Thanks for the help 🙂

Okay so DTOS actually means Dive Toss. It's performed mainly by High Performance jets like F-16, F-18 o F-15, it is used to throw away the bomb as far as it is possible to evade or to prevent entering in the engagment zone of a threat, so basically in the A-29 is not so used for combat because of the performance of the aircraft but it's still trained.

So how's it been used in A-29 symbology: So first when active DTOS you have a TD Box that you have to designate with the weapon realease button WRB on the target, then you have like a CCRP symbology only that you are in a Dive and when it starts flashing you will push the WRB and you will make a high G's pull up with military power and when the bomb goes off the aircraft will do an off or it can go up to evade the threat. With this manuever the bomb will go off in a high parable reaching the target very far away.

If you need more help or doubts just tell me.

Greetings!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, sobe said:

I have tried the navigation training mission twice and both times I could not make a new waypoint 7.  The waypoints would go to 6 and not beyond.  Is this me or the mission?

Hi,

The mission was working the last time I tested it:

However, the above test was made using version 1.7b ... I will fly it again today on the new version 1.8b and then will report back here.

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

I am attaching V2 of my Helios profile for this plane. 

• all buttons, etc that are shown on picture 1 are fully clickable except for some items that the developers have not yet provided key commands for.  I have included them just for show.
  • In using Helios, I used the simpler method of using keyboard emulation rather than the more complex coding of each button, etc.
  • Some of the toggle switches proved to be difficult to implement so I changed them to buttons and that worked fine.
  • You will notice a MAP button next to button 28 on the right MFD.  This button when pressed, will produce a static kneeboard that is separate from the regular kneeboard.
  • Picture 2 is the main page of the Map button and lists the various theater maps available.
  • Picture 3 (IN THE NEXT POST) is an example using one of the map buttons and lists the airfields for which a diagram is available. 
  • This kneeboard was developed by Cap Zeen for the  Helios profiles that he develops but can be used by any Helios profile. 

1.png

2.png

PICTURE 3

3.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gheoss said:

How can i add more liveries to the list? im replacing the EAB one to show the custom ones i did... but can´t add the rest..

Thank you.

did you downloaded the Livery pack?

https://mega.nz/file/UAxUmYAY#0PyL3pO6i5x2QTrBWEkE5LsqeKFW5IuSJG_Er42PAas

extract onto the Liveries folder of the Mod.

Two quick questions:

what is the arrow that appears in the upper right corner of the HUD?

what is the line that goes out of the circle in the HUD in A/A and A/G?

I am finished with a new texture in the FAB with a better relief map, and below some that I will work on later, are from real air forces, which are currently in use.
I'm just having a problem with reflexes, this one is very strong, everyone has matte paint, how do I do this on the DCS dds?

Where is the texture of the external tank?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sobe said:

Hi @sobe .. just tested the mission and it's not you 🙂

Not sure if it is the mission either, I will contact @Luiz Renault before trying to modify the mission looking for a workaround

The problem is that the FYT page no longer shows an empty FT position to add new waypoints, it only shows the current flight plan and the nearby airbases 😞

lVtvwVf.jpg

Once Luiz confirms if this is as intended or if it is a bug, then I will see if the mission needs modification or not. I will report on this soon.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw

Hi all!

First post so please forgive any faux pas!

Ive been flying trying out the Tucano over the last few days and am enjoying it immensely. Great work & thanks for putting it all together!

I want to feed back a couple of issues i've come across in case they are  of interest. Using the 0.1.8b version

Firstly, in the initial training mission the instructors dialogue doesnt continue when the cockpit canopy is closed.

The other issue I've noticed is that on exiting a mission i return to the hanger but there is no UI window, so that I have to exit the game via task manager.

I don't trhink that these are related to my setup, although I could of course be wrong.

looking forward to seeing how the mod develops & thanks one again for all your hard work

Edited by SpiffnZ
Add extra detail

Intel i7 12th gen 3.61 GHz, GTX 1080ti, 32gb Hyper X fury ddr5, Rift S

8 hours ago, dali said:

thank you!

but how about not being able to browse all stations? The other day I had 2 LAU and 2 cluster bombs on wings and Mk82 on central rack. I was not able to select Mk82 on SPS page.

There are certain allowed configurations. Will double check on that.

33 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Hi @sobe .. just tested the mission and it's not you 🙂

Not sure if it is the mission either, I will contact @Luiz Renault before trying to modify the mission looking for a workaround

The problem is that the FYT page no longer shows an empty FT position to add new waypoints, it only shows the current flight plan and the nearby airbases 😞

lVtvwVf.jpg

Once Luiz confirms if this is as intended or if it is a bug, then I will see if the mission needs modification or not. I will report on this soon.

Best regards,

Eduardo

For adding new waypoints go to WYPT and select WP mode. Please try that and let me know if it works.

4 hours ago, sobe said:

Two quick questions:

what is the arrow that appears in the upper right corner of the HUD?

what is the line that goes out of the circle in the HUD in A/A and A/G?

The arrow means that the HUD is the Display of Interest. The options are the HUD, CMFD1 and CMFD2.

The line line on which line are you referring to? can you share a screenshot?

Edited by Luiz Renault

35 minutes ago, SpiffnZ said:

Using the 0.1.8b version

Firstly, in the initial training mission the instructors dialogue doesnt continue when the cockpit canopy is closed.

OK, I will check the mission tonight and then let you know 👍

Edit: Just checked and it works correctly on mi side, this is the step that follows to closing the canopy:

jbWOntF.jpg

The other issue I've noticed is that on exiting a mission i return to the hanger but there is no UI window, so that I have to exit the game via task manager.

Mine does not have that problem .. please attach your dcs.log file to look for clues.

28 minutes ago, Luiz Renault said:

For adding new waypoints go to WYPT and select WP mode. Please try that and let me know if it works.

OK, will try that 👍

The arrow means that the HUD is the Display of Interest. The options are the HUD, CMFD1 and CMFD2.

Didn't knew that, I imagine that we select the Display of Interest using the DMS hat on the stick ... but in what way is significant a display of interest ?

Edited by Rudel_chw

5 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

OK, I will check the mission tonight and then let you know 👍

Mine does not have that problem .. please attach your dcs.log file to look for clues.

OK, will try that 👍

Didn't knew that, I imagine that we select the Display of Interest using the DMS hat on the stick ... but in what way is significant a display of interest ?

Soon TDC Slew will be implemented and you will be able to move the target box on the hud using TDC. Will also be possible to user MARK to get the coordinates from positions selected using the TDC. Select reference points for INS alignment / correction.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Luiz Renault said:

Soon TDC Slew will be implemented and you will be able to move the target box on the hud using TDC. Will also be possible to user MARK to get the coordinates from positions selected using the TDC. Select reference points for INS alignment / correction.

Excellent 👍 looking forward to that 🙂

Regarding the Waypoints, no, I can't find anyway to add a new Waypoint, and the existing ones are shown with zeroes on the UFCP:

TKd71UL.jpg

2 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Excellent 👍 looking forward to that 🙂

Regarding the Waypoints, no, I can't find anyway to add a new Waypoint, and the existing ones are shown with zeroes on the UFCP:

TKd71UL.jpg

Sorry, but there is a bug there in that version. It's fixed on devel version.

There are two workarounds, cycle through all waypoints to display the proper coordinates, or change the mode to WP with a Joystick Right  on the FYT field.

The devel version also has the Desired Track DTK feature implemented so you can choose an temporary FYT that will put you with a desired bearing and distance to the selected FYT.

Will probably merge it to main version by the end of the week.