A-29 Super Tucano

50 minutes ago, anlq said:

Sorry, tracks added.

Hi,

I played your tracks, but they don't seem to reproduce correctly, as I can't see your interaction with the cockpit switches. 😞

dcJPnUF.jpg

You have followed the same procedure as Lucas on his video?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

25 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Hi,

I played your tracks, but they don't seem to reproduce correctly, as I can't see your interaction with the cockpit switches. 😞

dcJPnUF.jpg

You have followed the same procedure as Lucas on his video?

Thank you, somehow I managed to get it to work normally since I added liveries (I didn't add liveries previously). I had no trouble with the older version before.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 9:16 PM, =DROOPY= said:

Valkyrie Aero livery please... 

A-29.jpeg

Cool picture!!!

I just noticed... this doesnt seem to be a Super Tucano (looking at the 3 blade prop, and the cockpit canopy does not have the forward metal door seam)... might be a Tucano trainer, and maybe the optics turret is retrofit bolted on. But it still has a hardpoint pylon, do the trainers have those too?

En 26/3/2021 a las 8:34, jsr9597 dijo:

Disregard - fixed!

Set up an AI two ship for take-off....aircraft roll down the runway but don't take-off.  Any help as to why?

I have the same problem too, how did you fix it? The problem came up when I installed the 1.7 update, before I didn't have the problem.

I'm currently editing a 3-in-1 training mission, with a straight-in approach vfr landing, a circuit-break landing, and just a shutdown practice .. this is a playtrough of the latter variant, inspired on a Tutorial by Lucas Orsi:

Hope to finish the other two variants soon 🙂

Cheers!

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

I know it's too early for this to be part of the mod, so I'm asking more for just information about the real plane:  

Is the electrooptic turret, used to target ground targets and lase them, either with daylight cameras or FLIR, is that able to be retracted into the fuselage? Or is it always mounted sticking down behind the front nose gear?  And does that turret prevent the use of an external fuel tank on the centerline when mounted? 

One reason I ask is because such a turret might interfear with the combat radius and loiter time if it keeps you from using the centerline for fuel, and thus for more fuel, requires giving up two pylons on the wings, that otherwise might carry ordnance.

It seems as if the AT-6 electrooptics turret is always mounted outside, in the airstream, but I've often seen SuperTucanos that don't have a turret visible... perhaps not purchased by many airforces, and maybe sometimes they might choose to not mount the turret for some flights, but it occured to me it might be retractable. Is this the case, or have most users chosen not to mount a turret?

I'm back to having problems with the mod.  I've installed it to Saved Games\DCSOpenBeta\Mods\Aircraft but still have the same problem - aircraft don't take off (fly off the runway) or go in to a deep dive after mission start (when starting in the air).

Can anyone help?

I'm back to having problems with the mod.  I've installed it to Saved Games\DCSOpenBeta\Mods\Aircraft but still have the same problem - aircraft don't take off (fly off the runway) or go in to a deep dive after mission start (when starting in the air).

Can anyone help?
I would check that my controls setup in this situation. Either keybind for control has gone bizzared or the hotas system is losing connection. Dcs has somehow been doing the latter lately.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Awesome Mod! Here's my repaint for the A-29B. Based off from the paint scheme of the Philippine Air Force, 15th Strike Wing.

165593251_10218601140201749_686841451897

• Like 1

Callsign: KOBU
9th Virtual Fighter Squadron | 67th Virtual Aggressor Squadron

DCS World Philppines | Bank&Yank Channel

128292449_10217834603118801_400078752596

14 hours ago, Rick50 said:

I know it's too early for this to be part of the mod, so I'm asking more for just information about the real plane:  

Is the electrooptic turret, used to target ground targets and lase them, either with daylight cameras or FLIR, is that able to be retracted into the fuselage? Or is it always mounted sticking down behind the front nose gear?  And does that turret prevent the use of an external fuel tank on the centerline when mounted? 

One reason I ask is because such a turret might interfear with the combat radius and loiter time if it keeps you from using the centerline for fuel, and thus for more fuel, requires giving up two pylons on the wings, that otherwise might carry ordnance.

It seems as if the AT-6 electrooptics turret is always mounted outside, in the airstream, but I've often seen SuperTucanos that don't have a turret visible... perhaps not purchased by many airforces, and maybe sometimes they might choose to not mount the turret for some flights, but it occured to me it might be retractable. Is this the case, or have most users chosen not to mount a turret?

The FLIR turret is fixed. Once it's installed, it's always in the airstream. Brazilian AF for instance use the A-29 mostly as advanced trainers, so they don't have FLIR turrets. But other air forces use the A-29 as light attack and it's more common to see then with the FLIR turret attached. 

• Like 1

Hace 4 horas, Urbi dijo:

Ha habido algunos cambios con la versión, que también resultan en cambios en las texturas. El color del cuerpo de la utilería está en la textura en la parte superior izquierda. Noté el siguiente error de textura:

Aufnahme141.png

Se cambió la textura del vidrio, lo que desafortunadamente no puedo entender. Los originales de la versión FSX estaban bien y también tenían un área para las luces de posición.

A-29b_GLASS.jpg

Las nuevas luces simplemente están fuera de lugar. Independientemente de si se trata de luces de posición o de aterrizaje y rodaje. Apenas los ves en el juego. En este contexto, critico repetidamente el hecho de que las designaciones Args estándar para modelos no se utilizan en el modelo. Si el nombre es correcto, puedo crear la asignación a través de entradas de lights.lua de ED. La entrada en el A-29B.lua bajo "SFM_Data" "motor",
"typeng" sólo parece servir al sonido. Si omito la entrada, no es diferente a que escucho el sonido del jet. Con la entrada 2, la imagen se congela después de comenzar en la cabina, lo que en realidad no debería ser el caso con este cambio.Tengo un nuevo A-29B.lua aquí, que debajo del motor solo contiene los del P-51 como entradas adicionales y como
 "typeng" tiene el 2 para E_PISTON. para que tengas un sonido bueno y decente. Además, los sonidos de su propia carpeta Sonidos no funcionan. Si desea una cabina más oscura, un rougmet diferente y una textura de utilería diferente, puede descargar mi A-29B.zip para la carpeta de texturas. Las libreas adaptadas aquí. Todos los cambios están en este zip. Todos los cambios para la versión 1.7b.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxt2djsqfmcub67/a-29b-community-main.rar?dl=0

A-29b_GLASS.dds 1,33 MB · 7 descargas A-29b_GLASS.bmp 3 MB · 7 descargas

It has also been detected that the animation of the pilots have been frozen since the last update. Is it possible that they can restore them again? Thank you.

Edited by sanc2775
muy grande

8 hours ago, jacobs said:

The FLIR turret is fixed. Once it's installed, it's always in the airstream. Brazilian AF for instance use the A-29 mostly as advanced trainers, so they don't have FLIR turrets. But other air forces use the A-29 as light attack and it's more common to see then with the FLIR turret attached. 

Thank you, sir!

Not sure why I thought that, but I think it was info I missinterpreted. 

I'm sure there's a significant cost to such an addition, not just the hardware, but also the software integration. And many airforces won't have laser guided ordnance due to budgets and lack of hardcore need from year to year, so I could see many if not most, opting to not buy the optics system.

well I guess then to go a long ways we'll need to take two tanks, and make up for the loss of pylons by using the centerline for ordnance . If it's short and isn't long enough to touch the turret.

On 3/28/2021 at 9:55 AM, Rudel_chw said:

I'm currently editing a 3-in-1 training mission, with a straight-in approach vfr landing, a circuit-break landing, and just a shutdown practice ..

Hope to finish the other two variants soon 🙂

Cheers!

Hi, here is the 2nd variant ready, just the circuit-break remaining 🙂

• Like 2

soooo THATS interesting....

it's a  Super Tucano... has armor...but no 50cals. But pylons and two drop tanks.  But no registration numbers/letters. 

No squadron markings. And a WW2 inspired style to it.

What has me puzzled is: if it's military why the lack of .50's  and ball turret?  If it's civilian privately owned, why the pylons and TWO drop tanks? And no giant registration letters on the fuselage?

I'm almost thinking it might belong to a defense contractor...

Its a Special Operations Command aircraft.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Ah thank you!!

And having looked at that page, I now remember why I thought it had a retractable ball turret: the Textron Scorpion, a similar jet, does feature a retractable optics ball. 

but... why no half inch MG's ?   are we expected to believe that an air support platform for special ops... would NOT have MG's or cannon?  I can only conclude that SNC is looking to pad the program pricetag by opting to not buy MG's installed, but install them in 'Murica at 5x the price. You know, "INTEGRATION" !!

It wouldnt surprise me if the weight offset allowed for 4x GBU-12 or something but who would know.  The lack of integrated Targeting pod is odd, but perhaps not needed if the lasing is coming from the ground.  The whole situation with light attack aircraft in America at the moment is very odd, I came here to post that very skin when I read the article but saw someone else had beat me too it.  There seem to be 6 different types of Light attack aircraft in the mix currently, but still cool to see it. 

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

20 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Hi, here is the 2nd variant ready, just the circuit-break remaining 🙂

Hello,

Finally, I finished the third variant of this mission .. .also fixed the date to match my previous two training missions.

These three missions finish the first Section of the Training, now onto some Weapons training, will start with CCIP Bombing 👍

I will need the 476th Target Range Mod for the next mission, but that should be no problem for users that are already used to a Mod 🙂

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 3/29/2021 at 10:29 PM, Rick50 said:

Ah thank you!!

And having looked at that page, I now remember why I thought it had a retractable ball turret: the Textron Scorpion, a similar jet, does feature a retractable optics ball. 

but... why no half inch MG's ?   are we expected to believe that an air support platform for special ops... would NOT have MG's or cannon?  I can only conclude that SNC is looking to pad the program pricetag by opting to not buy MG's installed, but install them in 'Murica at 5x the price. You know, "INTEGRATION" !!

More than likely, the aircraft will go to the 6th SOS. They are listed as a "Combat Aviation Advisory" unit and provide training to allied nations on tactics, etc...
Like the Jungle Jim of Vietnam, with A-26 and T-28s. So the need for an actual armed aircraft probably isnt there. 

Really having a blast with this mod. Here are some photos of our Virtual Squadron flying earlier this day. Keep up the good work!

165892144_10218618239669225_7675637793329672145_n.jpg

167258679_10218618241429269_4188603161484118211_n-2.jpg

• Like 5

Callsign: KOBU
9th Virtual Fighter Squadron | 67th Virtual Aggressor Squadron

DCS World Philppines | Bank&Yank Channel

128292449_10217834603118801_400078752596