A-29 Super Tucano

Amazing work on the A-29 Super Tucano. Kudos to the people working on it.
Is there plans to improve the animation on the turboprop? It just becomes a fixed whitish image after spinning up. In vr, it is very obvious.
I still enjoy it as it is in an case.
Cheers

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

12 hours ago, gheoss said:

Beautiful cockpit work!

Here are the skins so far... i will add another Argentinian, Brasil etc..

HERE

Hi,

I tried to do my own description.lua to go with your skins, but for some reason it doesn't work and still shows them as a FAB skin  😞

This is the description.lua that I was trying to use for the Peruvian aircraft:

livery = 
{
    {"a29b_01_PERU.dds", 0, "a29b_01", false};
    {"A-29B Pilot.dds",    DIFFUSE            ,    "a-29b pilot", true};    
}
countries = {"ARG","PER","CHL"}

Where I went wrong?

Thanks a lot,

Eduardo

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 3/17/2021 at 7:22 PM, crazyeddie said:

I did a load of UK Fictional and Actual skins a few years ago to fit Patricks Tucano - its the same model so they should fit this version.  Here are 2 of them.  I also did a USN, USMC and an Argentina version, forget how accurate that one was, not very probably !!

Screen_210317_191749.png

Screen_210317_191817.png

405 Was the plane out of RAF Linton On Ouse, that I had my last flight in the RAF, It like me is retired now, could you do a number change on that skin for me, No problem if it's a faff. Thank you

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, flyingscotsman said:

405 Was the plane out of RAF Linton On Ouse, that I had my last flight in the RAF, It like me is retired now, could you do a number change on that skin for me, No problem if it's a faff. Thank you

All things are possible, see your pm's. 

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Hi,

I tried to do my own description.lua to go with your skins, but for some reason it doesn't work and still shows them as a FAB skin  😞

This is the description.lua that I was trying to use for the Peruvian aircraft:

livery = 
{
    {"a29b_01_PERU.dds", 0, "a29b_01", false};
    {"A-29B Pilot.dds",    DIFFUSE            ,    "a-29b pilot", true};    
}
countries = {"ARG","PER","CHL"}

Where I went wrong?

Thanks a lot,

Eduardo

Yes i know, i replace the a29b_01 only to show the livery, easy way but the developers needs to fix it, thank you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gheoss said:

Yes i know, i replace the a29b_01 only to show the livery, easy way but the developers needs to fix it, thank you.

They will all be available on next release.

You can have a taste on https://github.com/luizrenault/a-29b-community/tree/devel, but be aware that some commits might be broken.

This one has the first implementation of CCRP.

The image bellow shows the result of a pair of MK82 being released from 12k ft.

image.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Luiz Renault said:

You can have a taste on https://github.com/luizrenault/a-29b-community/tree/devel, but be aware that some commits might be broken....

I'd rather wait, as I'm editing missions for the A-29B so I prefer to limit myself to the latest official release 👍

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Me too, we are editing some missions based on the war against Drug Cartel´s, (fictionary) in the Argentinian North... with the Escuadron II Operativo EMB.312 Tucano (Real Name of the Argentinian Tucano Squadron)

• Like 2

Well, I'm not doing anything serious with the A29B, so I downloaded the dev version... At the very least I can help testing... 🙂

I really like how this mod is going!

BTW,  Luiz & Team, do you prefer bug reports here or at github ? 

The airbrake open and close mappings are not working in dev ...

1 hour ago, Draken35 said:

Well, I'm not doing anything serious with the A29B, so I downloaded the dev version... At the very least I can help testing... 🙂

I really like how this mod is going!

BTW,  Luiz & Team, do you prefer bug reports here or at github ? 

The airbrake open and close mappings are not working in dev ...

I prefer on github. It's easier to track.

• Like 3

Second intent, work in progress -adobe still dont want to join the dark side of the force-.

First Tucano of the FACH (dont be rude on me🙄) second, argentinian Tucano trainer with the epic paint scheme used by EAM, Screen_210324_043014.png

Screen_210324_043143.png

Edited by Zukov
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Zukov said:

First Tucano of the FACH (dont be rude on me🙄

I’d never be rude with a skinner’s work .. I’ve tried several times to learn skinning and so I know how truly complex it can be, and this FACH scheme is very difficult, having serials in camouflage color and a non-roundel or square stylized national markings that are in camouflage color as well, plus most available photos don’t show the wing markings at all.

Looking forward to use your skin once it is available 👍 thanks a lot for making this skin 🙂

• Like 4

Hey so just a question I thought I read somewhere above that the external model was under review and so skins were likely to change, is that still the case? 

Really looking forward to seeing this Mod continue to develop.

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

There is an old saying when nice folks like you share great stuff like this and for free you never look at a horses teeth when is a gift the skin is looking good take care and stay safe.

Edited by MEBF109
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I’d never be rude with a skinner’s work .. I’ve tried several times to learn skinning and so I know how truly complex it can be, and this FACH scheme is very difficult, having serials in camouflage color and a non-roundel or square stylized national markings that are in camouflage color as well, plus most available photos don’t show the wing markings at all.

Looking forward to use your skin once it is available 👍 thanks a lot for making this skin 🙂

It was a joke! I Since a kid a love how the FACH usually camouflage their aircrafts(specially the Elkan), and in my humble opinion, are very pretty and complex like you said (i dont found so far great detailed pictures to look and try to copy). Thanks for your words Rudel!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dali said:

ZukoV, your skins are not bad at all, au contraire! Looking forward using them once you finish them. On other note - here is a graphically updated check-list, author is still our good friend Rudel_chw

A29 TUCANO CHECK LIST.pdf 2.42 MB · 3 downloads

I'd like to add that as kneeboard pages of the mod. Do we have author's permission?

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 1:00 AM, mirza_ashik said:

Very Nice Module, Hope DEVs will develop it up to a standard Mod with lots of features. Love this so much. Please provide some liveries and templates! 

We are trying very hard to make it as real as it can get. We are receiving lots of pilots feedback.

There are several new features coming soon. You can check them at https://github.com/luizrenault/a-29b-community/tree/devel.

We (@PaKo) were able to make a few changes on @SKYPORK FSX 3d model (I hope he doesn't mind) and corrected the propeller animation, added external lights, speedbrake, removable pylons, canopy size and shape, gear shock absorption and compression, and we are now preparing it to receive damage textures and animations. If @SKYPORK gives his blessing, it can be the definitive 3d model.

One of the main advantages would be to use all liveries that were already made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, dali said:

.. On other note - here is a graphically updated check-list, author is still our good friend Rudel_chw

Thanks .. but I've learned a lot more about the A-29B on this last few days, thanks to Lucas Orsi videos and PM's ... so I for sure will be updating my Procedures soon, right after the new build of the A-29B gets released. I will send them your way as soon as they are ready.

In the meantime I'm enjoying this new bird while editing a few Training missions for her, the first is finished:

And the 2nd, about Waypoint Navigation, should get finished today 🙂  the next would be about break circuit and visual landing, and after that I expect to attempt some Weapons training 👍

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, shu77 said:

Hey so just a question I thought I read somewhere above that the external model was under review and so skins were likely to change, is that still the case? 

Really looking forward to seeing this Mod continue to develop.

that's right, the external and internal model will change, I'm working as fast as I can in my spare time to finish the internal model.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

And the 2nd, about Waypoint Navigation, should get finished today 🙂 

Hello,

This is what the Navigation Training mission looks like, on the video there are still a couple of small bugs that I will fix today, but in the main, the mission is ready.

best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 2

Nice!

Just a little remark, the HUD in 0.16b looks very different to the dev branch. So that might cause some rework of the mission if the A29 team decides to use the current dev HUD...

I don't know which one is the "correct" HUD for the A29B but I must admit that I prefer the one in the dev branch.