Anyone imported to UK?

funkster

HI 

As the title suggests I am looking for anyone who has had experience of importing WINWING products to UK. I am looking to purchase the Throttle , Takeoff and Combat Panels and wanted to understand the UK tax / Shipping Fees and Timescales.  Has anyone got some experience in this?

Ask me at the end of next week.  I have one of their control panels on order and apparently currently shipping.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Combat and take off panels - shipping $55, total import fees £70

Throttle, joystick, mounts, z axis, extension, warthog adapter, joystick baseplate - shipping $234, total import fees £190

Each import fee includes a £12 FedEx handling charge

On 3/11/2021 at 1:20 PM, funkster said:

HI 

As the title suggests I am looking for anyone who has had experience of importing WINWING products to UK. I am looking to purchase the Throttle , Takeoff and Combat Panels and wanted to understand the UK tax / Shipping Fees and Timescales.  Has anyone got some experience in this?

You will pay import duty of 3.5% and VAT of 20%, on the total cost you pay which means items and postage, plus the handling fee by the shipper e.g. Fedex 

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This may be too late to be useful for you, but perhaps is interesting for others who are considering Winwing products.

I recently ordered their Orion HOTAS after years of clinging on to my Sidewinder FFB2 stick. I was charged about £90 by FedEx today for import duties (£78 import tax + £12 min. handling fee). This was on a purchase that was $500 + $69 shipping. I don't have an exact conversion rate as it was paid for using US dollars already in my PayPal account.

Interestingly, FedEx have delivered 3 of 4 of the boxes this morning but kept one back pending the payment, so I have the throttle base, joystick base and grip, but no throttle handles yet!

Overall, the final cost is likely close to £500 which is reasonable given the issues and concerns I've read about with the TM Warthog which is a little over £400 and has fewer switches and a gimbal that can wear out etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1